1st Fill Questions

Hey everyone! I fly out bright and early Friday morning for my first fill and cannot for the life of me find the information packet from OCC or remember what Rene told me on the phone about fasting etc. Can anyone please tell me what it is that I need to do to prepare for my fill? How long do I need to fast for? I think I remember seeing something posted a while back so I'm going to try to find that too but also wanted to get my question out there.

Thanks all!

Erin :D

Me too Erin, I'm getting my first fill :lb17: this Saturday and I don't know what I'm supposed to do either.

Thanks!!

When i went for my first fill at the OCC i was nothing to eat or drink at midnight the night before, and then 3 days of liquids. Good luck on your fill, I go back on the 15th of this month to the OCC for my second fill I can not wait!

Good luck with your fill to both of you! It looks like you answered your own question. I haven't been back to the OCC for a fill so I am not quite sure what their routine is.

Hey guys I went yesterday to get my first fill.. I had nothing to eat after midnight and had water up until a few minutes before they took me in for the fill.. I couldn't remember either, so I went with the ol' rule of thumb for most procedures nothing after MIDNIGHT!! Fill went well no pain,,,everyone was still very very nice there.. I took a cab from and back to the border with no problems, walked back to the parking area and left for home,, cost me a total of $18 bux with parking, I have a giant F350 Crew LB so it was a little more for the monster.. Well of course the fill was $100. I arrived at the border parking at 8:30AM and was back in my truck by 10:45 AM, that is with my Daughter having lunch at McDonalds... Border crossing is really easy ANDDDD they have a $10 dollar shoe store on the American side just outside of Mackie D's. So I guess it cost me a little more than I reported.. LOL..

Have a nice day... XOXO Lisa :D

I remember my excitement for my first fill trip and this post takes me back just a few weeks. Glad you found the info you needed. The only thing I do remember that I'd like to clarify for anyone just reading this thread is that you should have nothing cold to drink for at least an hour before the fill.

Have a great trip. Remember only liquids for 3 days after the fill. I had to go even longer as it hurt to eat much of anything solid but this is not the case for many others. I probably took too big of bites and didn't chew well enough as I have now learned is an absolute must or you'll pay for it with pain and PBing.