Help!!!! Do I need a fill???

Last night I went to Panda Express and got the 2-item combo with rice and noodles. I ate the whole thing and could have eaten more. :blink: This morning I can barely get down a hard boiled egg without the tight feeling in my chest. I have never pb'd. Sometimes I get a tight feeling in my chest and if I stop eating for a few minutes I can usually start right back up again and eat whatever I want. :huh: I am eating less than I did before but not by much. My fear is that I don't want to get too tight and have a band slippage but I'm not losing weight so wtf am I supposed to do?? I am getting frustrated with the whole process. I have had 2 fills and am filled to 2.9 in a 4 cc band. What happens if I max out in cc's? Any advice? :unsure:

Laura - I understand your frustration. I'm 5 months post-op and I've been struggling to maintain a 5lb weight loss. My hair is falling out at the roots. I'm just generally disappointed and miserable. Lori has set up a telephone conference with Dr. Ortiz for me to discuss my lack of progress. Maybe she could help you schedule one as well. Chelley

How do you know when you need a fill I had my surgery on may 25th and all went well. I had a fill on luly 27th and had a lot of pb'ing. I have lost 33 pounds since the pro-op diet and the surgery but I am starting to be able to eat a little bit more and I am worried that I might be streching my stomach or causing some other damage. I could use some input thanks Chrissy

Chrissy,

You might need a fill, but give it some time. Are you working out more? That will make you hungrier, but you may still be losing weight/inches. Give it some time and if you don't see any changes in your size/weight then it might be time to schedule a fill.

Laura,

my suggestion is to stick with more protein and stay away from the rice/noodles. They won't keep you full as long, they will slide through the band easier (mushy food) and you aren't getting enough protein that way. Try ordering something with chicken in it next time and eat that first, and use the noodles more like a side dish. Let me know how that works. Since you eat less, the quality of your choices is really important.