OMGoodness!!

So I posted last week how I joined Weight Watchers for 6 months to prove to my insurace providers that I have tried to lose weight and can't. It's a win win situation. I gain knowledge on how to make healthy choices for meals and take in good calories as opposed to empty calories, whether or not I lose the weight and am able to get banded.

Welllllll

This past Friday was my first weigh in and I lost 4.5 pounds!! I weigh in every Friday, but I'm not expecting a weight loss this week since I'm bloated and just feeling icky from Aunt Flow. But I'm still sticking with my healthy meal and snack choices and staying away from my junk food cravings.

Ok, so I just thought I'd update on my status and see how everyone else is doing with their progress. I hope this update finds everyone well. :)

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Good for you! Keep up the good work!

I joined Weight Watchers (for the umteenth time) three weeks ago and I am down 7.6 pounds. Generally, I'm great at losing weight. It's KEEPING it off that is my downfall. Since it is either this or gastric bypass for me (not a candidate for Lap Band :( ) I am more committed than ever!

So, I just lurk on this Board reading the posts and am excited (and I must admit a bit envious) of all who are banded. Unlike you and many others, my insurance would have actually paid for the procedure!!

I enjoy reading the posts and sharing, vicariously, in everyone's successes and frustrations.

Linda

Good for both of you guys. Weight Watchers works. And it works great as long as you are committed to it and follow the program. My family has lost (and kept off for almost 4 years now), a substanstial amount of weight. My aunt and mom about 80 lbs each!! You can do it!

I was banded a little over two weeks ago. But I was back at Weight watchers last Monday. The band is just a tool, like Weight watchers is. And I plan to use them together. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Having good support in Weight Watchers is also a big key, maybe this is not a bad place to find some.

Becki

Thank you ladies :)

Yes, I know the importance of having a support system, and I find that coming here and reading the progress...and frustrations...of everyone is helpful. Whether banded or on Weight Watchers, we are all on a journey to a new, and healthier life.

:)

Linda,

May I ask why you can't have the lap-band?

Hi Wendy,

Good for you! Keep up the good work!

I joined Weight Watchers (for the umteenth time) three weeks ago and I am down 7.6 pounds. Generally, I'm great at losing weight. It's KEEPING it off that is my downfall. Since it is either this or gastric bypass for me (not a candidate for Lap Band :( ) I am more committed than ever!

So, I just lurk on this Board reading the posts and am excited (and I must admit a bit envious) of all who are banded. Unlike you and many others, my insurance would have actually paid for the procedure!!

I enjoy reading the posts and sharing, vicariously, in everyone's successes and frustrations.

Linda