Is this normal

Hi all,

I don't get it, I have had 3 fills in under two months and I never get anything stuck, or PB. I can eat anything and amount. I am using self control for now. Is my band not working, is there a problem with it? My husband looks at me eat and is shocked after the expetations we had about the pouch holding only a cup or so of food. I can hold 4 cc and have 1.7.

Barb

You are doing amazing...my surgeon told me that PBing is caused by eating too fast, not chewing enough or eating foods that are too greasy. If I follow his guidelines, I should never PB. However, I did, because of KFC fried chicken at our work picnic earlier this week...I learned my lesson.

Keep up the great work!!!

Hi Barb, I think you are doing great. 29 pounds is a lot of weight and you should be proud of yourself. Maybe you should call the OCC and talk to someone about what you are experiencing. Keep up the hard work. It is paying off.

Alexandra

Hi all,

I don't get it, I have had 3 fills in under two months and I never get anything stuck, or PB. I can eat anything and amount. I am using self control for now. Is my band not working, is there a problem with it? My husband looks at me eat and is shocked after the expetations we had about the pouch holding only a cup or so of food. I can hold 4 cc and have 1.7.

Barb

Hi Barb,

Where are you getting your fills? 1.7 after 3 seems very small to me. I usually tell people not to compare fill levels to others but usually 1.5-1.7 is a typical starting fill..... I would say you need another fill with someone who will give you more than .3 at once! Is it under flouro? They should be able to see how quick the barium stuff goes down and immediately see if you are too tight... good luck!

Karen

I to went to the OCC for my first fill since I wanted it done under flouro. I got 1cc and payed so much. So I found me a Dr. about 45 minutes from home and have another scheduled for the 23rd of September. It wont be under flouro but his nurse said that hes real aggresive with the fills. And I will stay at my mothers house to test it out. Here's hoping for great restriction. Because I'm tired of doing it on will power alone.

I am on my third fill and have 3.2. I have lost some weight since fill three and think I probably even need a top up so just for perspective, even though everyone is different, there aren't many who will have restriction with less that 2 cc in the band.

I finally have 2cc in my band so I will let you know if it makes any difference.