After post op, what is the most that you have lost in 1 week?

I know everyone is so different... But I am having a hard time believing that I could have lost 5.6 pounds in a matter of days. I am just not relating to the me that is losing weight. It is a very bizarre feeling. I have not been able to get my scales below 220 for 3 years now.

On Saturday (9/13) I weighed 210.6. I have been here for a while. I got my first fill on Saturday morning. She gave me 1.8 cc. And told me I have a "pretty" pouch and healed nicely. Very cool to see this band in action under fluor.....

I felt heavy this morning (Wednesday, 9/17). I have been working out like a crazy woman with my trainer, journaling my diet and eating 1200 calories a day. To my surprise my scales said 204.8. I did not believe it, so I got back on them and it said it again. However, the third time, it said 209.6. DARN IT... so I took the lowest number..... of course....

I have new scales, but they seem to do this sometimes. I may get another set.

So anyone lose over 1 - 2 pounds per week after the 6 week post op?

My weightloss is very irregular. It is not something I can explain with any authority. I lose weight when I do not think I should and stay the same when I feel the scale owes be a couple. I guess my body knows what it is doing. I seem to lose a couple at one time and than will stay the same for about two weeks or so. Last time in between fills I lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks. I am on week 4 since my last fill so that puts at about 5 pounds. Unless I lose 5 pounds this week I will fall short of my 2 pound a week goal. The strange thing is I have good restriction and know I am eatting much less than last month. I would have though from input I would have been very sucessful in weightloss this time. I just try to stay positive and know that wether it is 5 or 10 pounds a month, it still adds up. I would like to know how others do also.

It's been slow going for me. I will be 3 weeks postop this coming Friday and I've only lost 6 pounds since banding. I actually GAINED when I started the creamy soups. It's a bit discouraging for me, but I have to remember that for me it might be a bit different because I had knee surgery a week ago and I literally have not been able to MOVE much to even get my body going. So I'm pretty scared to start real food again, but I have to remember that this is a process and I know that by now I would have probably GAINED an additional 10# since that's the way my scale was going before I got banded....

My weightloss is very irregular. It is not something I can explain with any authority. I lose weight when I do not think I should and stay the same when I feel the scale owes be a couple. I guess my body knows what it is doing. I seem to lose a couple at one time and than will stay the same for about two weeks or so. Last time in between fills I lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks. I am on week 4 since my last fill so that puts at about 5 pounds. Unless I lose 5 pounds this week I will fall short of my 2 pound a week goal. The strange thing is I have good restriction and know I am eatting much less than last month. I would have though from input I would have been very sucessful in weightloss this time. I just try to stay positive and know that wether it is 5 or 10 pounds a month, it still adds up. I would like to know how others do also.

THIS IS SOOO ME :(

Hi, I'm at 6 months post op today and I have lost a total of 35 pounds which averages out to 5.8 pounds a month or about 1.5 pounds a week. The actual weight loss is all over the board. I lost more weight the first month after my first fill. Then I gradually tapered off month by month to no weight loss. Then I went for another fill. I went one whole month without any weight loss at all so the above results could really be figured on 5 months of weight loss which would make the results even better. Also, I am hit and miss on exercising and I do not count calories. Slow and steady is okay with me. I was too tight after my second fill and had to go back and have some taken out (local to San Diego area) and I have lost 6.8 pounds this last month which is the first month out from my second fill. That is high for me. I expect it will decrease next month. To 5, then 4, then 3 and gradually back to plateau. My body seems to keep making adjustments even during the plateaus, re-distributing the weight I guess. It seems the people who make the commitment to exercise see faster results. Overall, I am happy with my success so far. Without my lapband, I would still weigh 225 (or maybe more by now).

Hello,

I was banded on 1/16 and it's been 35 weeks since surgery, and I've lost 105 lbs for an average of 3lbs per week. Everyday, I feel extremely fortunate because I know that I have had a little bit of an easier time than others letting go of the weight.

After fills, I have lost b/w 5-6 lbs in the week of the fill.

Otherwise, some weeks I'll lose 4 lbs, and then like 1 lb the next week, etc. But it's been pretty consistent for me I guess.

You're doing great! The numbers will just keep going down from here!

Good luck,

--TRS

7lbs first week post-op.