Super Size It!

Hi,

My son brought me the DVD Super Size It. Has anyone seen it? It is about a guy who ate only McDonald's food every day for thirty days and the impact that it had on his health. It also addresses food that is served in schools and what we are doing to our youth and ourselves. I'm not sure I'll ever eat at a fast food restaurant again after seeing that film.

It made my resolve to lose weight and improve my health stronger than ever!!

Linda

I watched that several months ago - it's a great documentary and really does show how horrible fast food is for you. Even the salads have like 1200 calories!!!

Hi,

My son brought me the DVD Super Size It. Has anyone seen it? It is about a guy who ate only McDonald's food every day for thirty days and the impact that it had on his health. It also addresses food that is served in schools and what we are doing to our youth and ourselves. I'm not sure I'll ever eat at a fast food restaurant again after seeing that film.

It made my resolve to lose weight and improve my health stronger than ever!!

Linda

Hi Linda,

I'm a vegetarian and thought I was safe from the calorie and transfat monsters when I only ordered a large fry for lunch. My lunch mates were getting a small fry and a burger. I

They have a special feature that shows an experiment with leaving McDs food in a glass jar for weeks at a time. Shows you the rate of composition. The fries were there for months with no decomp.

It's a great motivator to stay away from McDs. Even their "grilled chicken" is a processed mess.

The film said that even the salads were laden with sugar. I'm not sure if the sugar comes from the dressing, some of the toppings or if they actually add something to it to make it more palatable.

I must say that I am in love with McDonald's Asian salad. I plan to check the nutritional content before I order another one!

The film said that even the salads were laden with sugar. I'm not sure if the sugar comes from the dressing, some of the toppings or if they actually add something to it to make it more palatable.

I must say that I am in love with McDonald's Asian salad. I plan to check the nutritional content before I order another one!

I guess the key is to not expose yourself to those golden arches or any of the restaurants that usually flank them on fast food restaurant row.

After I take the first bite I usally can't taste much anyway as my tongue has a grease slick on it.

The nutrition facts for the Asian Chicken Salad (grilled) with the Ginger Dressing are:

Calories: 380 (30 percent from fat)

Fat: 13g

Sat Fat: 1g

Carbs: 37g

Protein: 32g

The crispy version feature fried chicken and will add to 7 grams of fat per serving.

Taken from: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3...an_chicken.html

It doesn't seem so bad - 380 calories. But then you look at the fat content OMG! And 37 grams of CARBS! There's your sugar!