Pre-Band Diet

Hello Fellow Band Fans,

First I want to say that anyone with a question like this should first contact Dr. Miranda at OCC for direction.

That said any of you have tricks up your sleeve that can make the Pre-Band diet less stressful on those who work long hours and are really feeling plain worn out going through to some such a drastic change in eating.

This was asked of me by another Pre-Bander and thought she may get some help here.

For example on some days when I can, I split 1 shake into 2 portions so I have a total of 6 over the course of the day. With each one I drink at least 8 oz. of water to fill the void. I feel much more even keel throughout my day. I also use a high whey protein shake (27 grams for 138 calories) which is time released into my system.

Drinking to much water and fatigue have given me leg cramps from time to time usually in the middle of the night so I keep potassium tablets on my bedside stand so they are in easy reach for relief. If I cramp a single tablet will usually take them away within 2 to 3 minutes especially if taken sublingually then swallowed with a glass of H2O.

Your suggestions and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

depending on your pre-op weight, or if you are struggling, Dr. Miranda allows many pre-op patients to have a Lean Cuisine type of dinner... so I would call her!

Lori - Thank you! I have forwarded the address to the forum to the one with the original question.