Cravings suck...

...as the "food day" draws nearer and nearer, I find myself craving food more and more. Not soup, but food that you can actually eat.

I got some anesthetic for my tooth earlier, (see Lap Band possible side effect thread)

I chewed up a bunch of chips and spit 'em out....

...like maybe two handfuls, one at a time.

I want a pizza, chinese, and a hamburger all at the same time haha.

Chinepizzburger

...as the "food day" draws nearer and nearer, I find myself craving food more and more. Not soup, but food that you can actually eat.

I got some anesthetic for my tooth earlier, (see Lap Band possible side effect thread)

I chewed up a bunch of chips and spit 'em out....

...like maybe two handfuls, one at a time.

I want a pizza, chinese, and a hamburger all at the same time haha.

Chinepizzburger

I know the feeling. When I had my first solids recently, I wanted to eat all my favorites. But I was good. I made a pizza using a Weight Watchers wrap as the crust, with chicken, mozza, onion and garlic. Man that was awesome. This morning I had a piece of toast with peanut butter. Thought it would be amazing. For some reason... wasn't what I thought. Didn't have any trouble getting it down... but just didn't satisfy my cravings.

Wrestling with the thought of having a burger. Don't want to go down that road of eating hamburger buns. Or yummy chinese or sushi.

I know the cravings are there. But you are doing so well. Don't cave in! You only got another week. You can do it!

Taz

Guest CaraMBA09
I know the feeling. When I had my first solids recently, I wanted to eat all my favorites. But I was good. I made a pizza using a Weight Watchers wrap as the crust, with chicken, mozza, onion and garlic. Man that was awesome. This morning I had a piece of toast with peanut butter. Thought it would be amazing. For some reason... wasn't what I thought. Didn't have any trouble getting it down... but just didn't satisfy my cravings.

Wrestling with the thought of having a burger. Don't want to go down that road of eating hamburger buns. Or yummy chinese or sushi.

I know the cravings are there. But you are doing so well. Don't cave in! You only got another week. You can do it!

Taz

Trav -

have Egg Drop Soup or Wonton Soup (dont eat the wontons)...it took care of the craving

FOR THE LOVE OF KRIMINY

For your sake...DO NOT EAT PIZZA

been there..did it...it literally sat in my stomach for 16 hours, I was miserable.

I found that even after my first fill, I was CRAVING a greasy cheesburger and fries. The second fill took ALL hunger and cravings completely away

oodles

C

Hey trav i know just what you are going through i have 3 more days until i can eat real food agian. I don't really have any cravings, I really just miss chewing food (i know that sounds crazy).

I have found that I am buying lots of cook books and drooling over the recipies without making them. Weird eh?

I did that too! I bought three cookbooks, got home on Friday and started looking through them.. With the thinking "Oh, it's good to be prepared ahead of time" and start menu planning and stuff (I just had my surgery on the 5th.) And I'm not hungry at all, but shaking the "mental hunger" ugh.. that's harsh. Only 16 more days. Yay! :girl_sigh:

Trav -

FOR THE LOVE OF KRIMINY

For your sake...DO NOT EAT PIZZA

oodles

C

Thin crust pizza is fine, because it's not all doughy and cooked throughout. (it'll crack up when chewed where I get it. I'm not going to eat the whole piece anyway. ....but I'm having pizza.

and some chinese for lunch, and a small homemade burger for dinner...(on a dinner roll)

It's my reward to myself for lasting for the last month and a half. If I pay for it, so be it, but it's what I have planned on the agenda.

...but i appreciate the advice.

I have been back on food 2 weeks, I had cravings, thought I wanted burgers, chinese, pizza. I took it easy with food.

I just tried my first burger, and I went to McDonalds and got the kidde burger and only ate the meat and chz.

It is true once you start eating you don't care about the cravings, they go away and you concentrate on proteins and veggies.

Dana's right, you don't want to fall back to old habits..especially when you don't have a fill to stop you from overeating.

It's best to start on the program from day one of solids, protein, veggies, grains (rice/potato/bread) and fruit and have pizza, burgers etc. has treats, it's easier to adapt to the lifestyle change and avoid the high fat food choices.

I have been successful using portion control, 3 oz protein, 1/4 cup of veggies and 1/4 of grains..and any snacks are under 100 calories. I have been lucky enough not to have to count calories.

Enjoy your first solid meal!!!

I've got 3 days as well and i've been craving the oddest stuff! I want refried beans and chicken with taco seasoning. I also want just a plain english muffin with butter on it. I had to go to the store tonight b/c i'll be busy all week and it made me so hungry as I bought the food. I wanted to go home and just devour it! I'm not going to let myself go nuts though. I'm going to count calories and do major portion control even though I know I could just eat whatever with no restriction. But I can't let myself go nuts or i'll up my appetite again now that it is so much smaller. Can't wait for Thursday!!! One thing I can tell you - I never want to see soup again!!!!! <_<

Shelby i hear you on the soup!! I hope i don't have to eat it agian until after my first fill which will be dec 5th. I really just want to eat PIZZA.

I hear ya there! I think the one thing that will keep me eating slowly and small bites will be the fear of PB'ing and the thought of having to go on liquids for a couple of days to heal!!!! :huh:

Pizza sounds sooo good! I bought a couple of healthy choice french bread pizzas and i'll see how I do with those. I really like them, just hoping they go down OK.

Shelby i hear you on the soup!! I hope i don't have to eat it agian until after my first fill which will be dec 5th. I really just want to eat PIZZA.

OK...I am telling you folks ~ be careful on the regular pizza! TRY one of the tortilla pizza I've posted in my recipes, PIZZA PIZZA. The crust will be "thin" and you can add any kinds of toppings you want.

I've made 12 different pizzas during my campout this past weekend and the people just loved it. So, now they are planning to have this as our "Pu Pus"...which are our afternoon snacks. They are perfect sized apposed to the large slice of regular pizza.

OK, enough of pizza.

My cravings after the soup stage were an egg omelet with bacon and cheese and salsa. This is what I had for breakfast on my first day. I had chicken for lunch and then steak for dinner. It was AWESOME!

I also have a menu for the week (I know, I know...but I wanted to organized/learn my eating habits and this was a good thing for me). This also helps me to make sure I had my proteins in too. I actually used Excel spreadsheet to calculate my daily calorie intake. I know this may seem too far fetched for you all...but this is for ME. I've paid good money for this band and I have to do the work to help me along. I treat myself with a snack too, such as a fudgesicle, Pringles, nuts, beef jerky, and the 100 calorie snacks are awesome too.

Just 3 more days until "regular" food for me! I can't wait... I've been thinking about the Weight Watcher options at Applebees. I remember back when they first came out, I was on Weight Watchers - and I was so "starving" after eating them because the portions were so small. I have a strong feeling that won't be the case anymore!

:)