Eating the night before surgery.

I did. I had no instructions not to, so I did. I ate a wonderful Mexican lunch along with a few beers. But then, being the paranoid pauline that I am, I started to wonder if I was even allowed to drink alcohol because of anesthesia and that led into worry over gaining water weight and not meeting the required weight loss amount, and that led even further into wondering if my surgery would be cancelled and so on and soon and so on.

So, what did I do? Spent the rest of the afternoon and evening drinking about 3 gallons of water hoping to flush out the nasties I shoveled in! All that did was cause me to sit on the toilet peeing the rest of the night!

Am I a MORON or what?????????? None of it mattered. When I got to the OCC, I actually lost MORE than the required pounds and I was just fine.

So, unless you are way over 50 BMI's, then you can eat! So go on and enjoy the Mexican Sampler from the Lucerna. My favorite!!

I am being banded a week from today!!!!!

I plan on eating an authentic Mexican lunch, but not gorging, then go really light for supper, like soup or salad.

Kimberly

I am at the Lucerna right now. I met with Dr. Miranda today and she said that I could eat Mexican food today, but not to over do it. I did loose the required amount plus. We are going to go eat in a couple of hours. It is 3:20 here. She did ask us to eat an apple if we were going to eat anything after 7:00 and nothing after 9:00. As far as the drinks, I was told no alcohol. They are picking me up at 7:00 in the morning for surgery.