New here and... why no pre-op forum?

Hi! I'm scheduled to be banded Nov. 21 by Dr. Ortiz. I'm very very excited! I've been reading a lot of messages and I'm glad this board offers so many answers.

I was just wondering why there is no pre-op forum for people doing the pre-op diet. It seems like people really need support with that since it is the first step.

I'm on my seventh day of the pre-op diet and I haven't been losing weight as quickly as I need to. At first I dropped a few pounds and then suddenly yesterday and today I gained! I think it might be PMS coming. Is it OK to take a diuretic to flush water weight?

thanks!

Hi! I'm scheduled to be banded Nov. 21 by Dr. Ortiz. I'm very very excited! I've been reading a lot of messages and I'm glad this board offers so many answers.

I was just wondering why there is no pre-op forum for people doing the pre-op diet. It seems like people really need support with that since it is the first step.

I'm on my seventh day of the pre-op diet and I haven't been losing weight as quickly as I need to. At first I dropped a few pounds and then suddenly yesterday and today I gained! I think it might be PMS coming. Is it OK to take a diuretic to flush water weight?

thanks!

Hi Amada!

Congratulations! You have made a great decision! Dr. O is wonderful! You will love him and the OCC, they will take wonderful care of you!

I would suggest calling Dr. Miranda and telling her about your issues with the Pre-op diet. She might want you to increase Chromium, etc. Not sure about the Diuretic. She would be the best one to ask!

Dana~

P.S. If you can't get her, ask Gloria for her email address.

There wouldn't be a whole lot to talk about just on that 1 forum. However, with this you post anything, anytime and everyone will respond. Also, you can look back through the posts and see plenty of posts and answers regarding pre-op diets.

Welcome to the site... it has been invaluable to me! I would be careful with any kinds of meds that will shed water weight. I have seen lots of people get into trouble with those. When I was banded I tried so hard adopt a healthy attitude and plan towards weight loss and eating. I still struggle with the quick fix attitude as I am sure lots of us on here do. With the pre-op forum, what I did was to browse through all of the old posts and see what applied to my pre-op questions. It may take some time, but I found the answers to most of my questions in the old posts. Good luck!

Welcome and congrats! I hope you are doing OK on pre-op. Just stick to the plan Dr. Miranda gave you and i'm sure you will do fine. But you can always call her and ask if you don't feel you are losing enough. Also, remember to drink lots of water, that will help you out as well. Always have a drink next to you and drink as much as you can. I'm doing it as we speak! :D

Please feel free to post and all the folks in here are very helpful. Good luck!!