World famous stuffing! Whats a bandster to do?

No-one makes better stuffing than my mom! We have it once a year.....TOMORROW! So, we always get together on thanksgiving eve to start it and I was already depressed knowing how bready it is and how unlikely it is that I can have it.

So, it's made, my mouth is watering........I can't stand it! I am weak, oh so weak! There it sits on top of the stove just calling my name....EAT ME RAMONA EAT ME NOW!!!

I know I am weak, I can't hide, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR just one little spponful won't hurt. MMMMMMMM ok, maybe another, mmmmmmmmmm BURP! OW! Just like I thought! STUCK like a lump, a painful lump! BOOHOOHOO!. Ok, so a few minutes it will go away. And so it does. I feel fine. One more try won't kill me, just make it a smaller bite and CHEW it this time instead of inhaling it. PLOP! right back in the same spot. Son of a gun that HURTS! A LOT!!!!!!!!! My neice is laughing at me and says she can't wait to get a band so she can make freaky faces when she eats too! GROAN.

Well, I give myself a c- on that test. It isn't calling my name anymore. All I can hear it saying is "STUPID, STUPID STUPID". And I have to agree. I think I'm over it. It's not so pretty anymore.

On to the next test............NAH! that was the only hurdle I had to overcome. And I survived. I learned my lesson.

No-one makes better stuffing than my mom! We have it once a year.....TOMORROW! So, we always get together on thanksgiving eve to start it and I was already depressed knowing how bready it is and how unlikely it is that I can have it.

So, it's made, my mouth is watering........I can't stand it! I am weak, oh so weak! There it sits on top of the stove just calling my name....EAT ME RAMONA EAT ME NOW!!!

I know I am weak, I can't hide, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR just one little spponful won't hurt. MMMMMMMM ok, maybe another, mmmmmmmmmm BURP! OW! Just like I thought! STUCK like a lump, a painful lump! BOOHOOHOO!. Ok, so a few minutes it will go away. And so it does. I feel fine. One more try won't kill me, just make it a smaller bite and CHEW it this time instead of inhaling it. PLOP! right back in the same spot. Son of a gun that HURTS! A LOT!!!!!!!!! My neice is laughing at me and says she can't wait to get a band so she can make freaky faces when she eats too! GROAN.

Well, I give myself a c- on that test. It isn't calling my name anymore. All I can hear it saying is "STUPID, STUPID STUPID". And I have to agree. I think I'm over it. It's not so pretty anymore.

On to the next test............NAH! that was the only hurdle I had to overcome. And I survived. I learned my lesson.

I feel you! Since my second fill, bread hates me now and my father makes this amazing Italian stuffing. Ahhhbooo. :( Happy Thanksgiving!

OUCH Mona! I can only imagine!

But I've been instilled in my brain from all of you bandsters to CHEW, CHEW, CHEW, I did just that at first bite of my Mum's homemade dressing! Oh yes! H-E-A-V-E-N-L-Y!! I only had about a teaspoon worth...but that is ok - I HAD SOME! Hope the rest of your meal went fine!!!

OUCH Mona! I can only imagine!

But I've been instilled in my brain from all of you bandsters to CHEW, CHEW, CHEW, I did just that at first bite of my Mum's homemade dressing! Oh yes! H-E-A-V-E-N-L-Y!! I only had about a teaspoon worth...but that is ok - I HAD SOME! Hope the rest of your meal went fine!!!

Ya know, the rest of my meal did ok, but the next day, leftovers, ugh! I had an awful time with the turkey. It was even the dark meat and it got stuck and MAN it hurt like the dickens! Then, two times later the same day, I got stuck with some liquid! This turned out to be a very weird thanksgiving. I did chew and took tiny bites but had a heck of a time with everything. For some reason, I seem to be much tighter than I was when I got my fill 6 weeks ago. I have another fill scheduled for tuesday but I don't think I'll be getting one.

I can only hope that my extra tightness was from paranoia of eating too much. You know, an 'all in my head' kind of thing? But thats ok, ifit works, then thats cool with me.

Ya know, the rest of my meal did ok, but the next day, leftovers, ugh! I had an awful time with the turkey. It was even the dark meat and it got stuck and MAN it hurt like the dickens! Then, two times later the same day, I got stuck with some liquid! This turned out to be a very weird thanksgiving. I did chew and took tiny bites but had a heck of a time with everything. For some reason, I seem to be much tighter than I was when I got my fill 6 weeks ago. I have another fill scheduled for tuesday but I don't think I'll be getting one.

I can only hope that my extra tightness was from paranoia of eating too much. You know, an 'all in my head' kind of thing? But thats ok, ifit works, then thats cool with me.

Talk about a "weird" thanksgiving......I made up my plate on a dessert plate with about 1 tbsp. size serving of each thing. totaled about 3/4 cup at most. The last few weeks I've been only able to eat about 1/3 cup at most and then I MUST quit. Well I was eating, chewing and chewing but talking and not really paying attention and before I realized it I had eaten the whole plate!!! Same thing the next day. It's like overnight I lost most of my restriction. Now since I have been so stressed maybe that's a good sign as the stress is easing but now the dilemma is do I get a fill before Christmas? I am going to wait 1 week and see how it goes. Boy it felt good to eat though and really I only ate what I should be eating.

Be thankful for restriction!!

Julie,

That was just like my Thanksgiving. I made up a small plate with tiny servings of all my favorites and I was able to eat the whole plate. Very small bites, slowly, lots of chewing. But, yesterday, the day after Thanksgiving, I could not get more than a few bites down all day. Funny this band thing and the fickle restriction.

I am not going to get another fill until after Christmas. I am not gaining and that is good enough for me right now and I like feeling "normal" and being able to eat with my family on the holiday.

I have to admit that Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday because of all the traditional foods and I was able to get a few bites of everything down except the sweet potatoes.

It felt good not overeat on Thanksgiving.