21 Days Post-Op

Okay... I'm heading to the grocery store tomorrow to stock my fridge and cupboards for my 21 days post-op. Please tell me to remove something from my list, if needed... or to add something that you just couldn't live without. Any thoughts and ideas would be welcomed!

Thanks, Kristy

Day 1 - 7

Water (add protein packets)

Gatorade

Juices (diluted with water)

Broth (any flavor)

Popsicles

Jello

Yogurt (drinkable)

Day 8 - 21

Any of the above

Creamy Soups (any as long as the chunks are strained out)

Yogurt (regular)

Pudding

Fudgesicles

Questionable

Beans (liquified)

Don't forget to add protein drinks.

Kimberly

Ah yes... protein drinks. Oh how I hate them. So regular yogurt and pudding is okay after day 7? Also, I was curious about soft serve ice cream or soft serve frozen yogurt or creamsicles.

Thanks, Kristy

Okay... I'm heading to the grocery store tomorrow to stock my fridge and cupboards for my 21 days post-op. Please tell me to remove something from my list, if needed... or to add something that you just couldn't live without. Any thoughts and ideas would be welcomed!

Thanks, Kristy

Day 1 - 7

Water (add protein packets)

Gatorade

Juices (diluted with water)

Broth (any flavor)

Popsicles

Jello

Yogurt (drinkable)

Day 8 - 21

Any of the above

Creamy Soups (any as long as the chunks are strained out)

Yogurt (regular)

Pudding

Fudgesicles

Questionable

Beans (liquified)

Oatmeal and eggs for the second week. I only made it four days and was too hungry and my center allowed me to add creamy soups. Appetite=good healing. Hot chocolate protein drinks are soothing the first couple days. I am sick of the protein drinks too, but we need them! I could not get more than 2 ounces of anything down at a time the first 2 days. Good luck to you!! It has been much easier for me than I imagined it would be!

I know some protein drinks really suck.. BUT.. personally I LOVE LOVE the EAS protein shakes. You can get 4 for $4.99 at walmart or target. I get the one's that 110 calories 17g protein, low sugar/low carb. They come in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. The strawberry are a little like nestle quick (is that how it's spelled) and I really like them!

Good luck! We are all here for you.

xo

Oatmeal and eggs for the second week. I only made it four days and was too hungry and my center allowed me to add creamy soups. Appetite=good healing. Hot chocolate protein drinks are soothing the first couple days. I am sick of the protein drinks too, but we need them! I could not get more than 2 ounces of anything down at a time the first 2 days. Good luck to you!! It has been much easier for me than I imagined it would be!

No oatmeal or eggs until after the 21 days! I know all doctors say different things, but go with what your own doctor advises and nothing but liquid for 21 days. You could hurt your band.

If you get really hungry and can't stand it, then go and get a milkshake. They are very filling and are ok on the 21 day program.

I assume that making my own protein shakes with skim or 1% milk is fine after seven days of clear stuff? Also, I didn't see BROTH on your list. Get one at a health food store instead of a grocery store if you can- they taste better and are better for you. For Canadians, there is one made her by NUtrimax Natural foods....they make ckicken, beef and a spicy tomato that is not like Campbell's tomato, but thinner, like a tomato broth.

I assume that making my own protein shakes with skim or 1% milk is fine after seven days of clear stuff? Also, I didn't see BROTH on your list. Get one at a health food store instead of a grocery store if you can- they taste better and are better for you. For Canadians, there is one made her by NUtrimax Natural foods....they make ckicken, beef and a spicy tomato that is not like Campbell's tomato, but thinner, like a tomato broth.

If you are being banded at the OCC the paperwork states that after day 7, milk and designer proteins are ok, so making your own shakes should be fine. I made the mistake of buying the Cookies and Cream Whey protein, and it is super nasty!!!!!

Kimberly

Kristy,

Make sure you take some of the powdered chicken broth. You can run water through the coffee pot and make your own in the hotel room. I got mine in the Hispanic section of Wal-mart and it has a yellow chicken on the front. It is a large jar for only $1.46. It tasted better than regular chicken broth mix. The broth at the restuarant is not all that great. My husband insisted on eating each night at the hotel and I had to eat broth and watch him eat Mexican food. It wasn't that I was hungry, but it smelled and looked great. The one thing I wanted to do when I went to Mexico, was eat an authentic Mexican meal. Well I went in for Pre-ops and they had a surgery opening so I took it. I never got my authentic Mexican meal. I will get my revenge on him, though, he is planning on scheduling April 14th to be banded. I will get my meal then, just a lot less of it.

Also, my entire family drinks the orange early rise drink mix from Wal-mart. It comes in the little packets that you mix in your water bottle. You get like 10 for $1.76 and they are really good. Dr. Miranda said they are fine to drink.

Just whatever you do DO NOT forget the PHAZYME for your gas.

Kimberly

After day 7 I did some ice cream and creamy popsicles. But I tried to do that few and far between and not make a habit of it. I know the protein shakes aren't the greatest things in the world, but I got the EAS and Atkins and those were both pretty decent. Not a piece of pizza, but filled me up! :D

Just whatever you do stick to it! I am a huge wuss and I was able to do it, so you can too. It will go by a lot faster than you think. I was dreading it bad, but before I knew it 21 days had passed. Although i'll admit, I have a fill coming up and i'm not sure i'm ready for soup again - never want to see that for an extended period again! :huh: Just make sure and mix it up as much as you can and don't eat the same things over and over when you get on creamy soups. I made that mistake and ate wayyyy too much tomato soup!

If you are being banded at the OCC the paperwork states that after day 7, milk and designer proteins are ok, so making your own shakes should be fine. I made the mistake of buying the Cookies and Cream Whey protein, and it is super nasty!!!!!

Kimberly

HAHAHAHA and I LOVED the cookies and cream whey protein!! And the chocolate caramel. Funny how everyone has such different tastes, huh?