Broth

Oh my goodness... I think of the word broth and I feel as though I am going to throw-up. And, it's only been 5 days... and in those 5 days I haven't drank a large amount. I don't know if it's the thought of so much of it. Or, if I'm hungry and that's where the nauseous feelings are coming from. My mom made homemade french onion soup today and sent me home with a jar full of the broth. It was good, but it took me about 30 minutes to get it down. Not because of restriction, but because I felt like throwing up. All in my head? Most likely.

Kristy

Oh my goodness... I think of the word broth and I feel as though I am going to throw-up. And, it's only been 5 days... and in those 5 days I haven't drank a large amount. I don't know if it's the thought of so much of it. Or, if I'm hungry and that's where the nauseous feelings are coming from. My mom made homemade french onion soup today and sent me home with a jar full of the broth. It was good, but it took me about 30 minutes to get it down. Not because of restriction, but because I felt like throwing up. All in my head? Most likely.

Kristy

All in your head? Not likely...but welcome to Bandster Hell! Don't forget you are still bloated, swelled up, and just darn cranky to say the least! LOL

I, too, as well as the others, got real tired of broth! The same thing happened to me on day 5. I changed over to beef broth instead of the bland chicken and veggie one, and added spices and even tobasco sauce to get me through for 2 more days. Don't forget...you can have those wonderful drinkable yogurts to help you get through the day too.

Also, with the nauseous feelings...you are healing and your body is every changing and not use to this new eating habit so suddenly. Make sure you are taking your chewable vitamins, Fiber Choice (for the hunger pangs) and benefiber for the rotor rooter problem!

Hang in there kiddo...only 2 more days and you graduate to creamy soups! YAY!!

Ugh...I remember where you are soooo well! Just the smell or thought of broth made me gag! Definitely start on the drinkable yogurt and hang in there - you will be done before you know it! You get real tired of creamy soups too, but it isn't nearly as bad as those first 7 days were. There are so many more options for soups so it helps a lot.

Hang in there!!!

Kristy

I feel your pain...I'm 3 months out and I can't hear the word 'broth' or 'soup' without gagging. I won't eat either anymore.

Good luck! It get's better! Just think, only 16 more days! And then you can eat something.

--A.

I feel your pain...I'm 3 months out and I can't hear the word 'broth' or 'soup' without gagging. I won't eat either anymore.

Good luck! It get's better! Just think, only 16 more days! And then you can eat something.

--A.

I on the other hand had eggdrop soup...that I actually liked...a lot.

I know you've only got a couple of days, but I might suggest won ton soup (without the won tons). I also recently went to a Vietnamese restaurant and asked for their chicken soup, just the broth only, and it was actually quite delicious, not at all like the yucky boring regular chicken broth.

I was very happy to get out of the clear liquid stage. There's more variety with the full liquids/creamy soup stage.