Emotional Eating

kimkendra

I have had my band in for almost 2 months. My first fill was 2 weeks ago. This past week, I emotionally overate for about 4 days in a row. I ate when I wasn't hungry. I started to get heart burn and food stuck as it went down(lots of pain), but I never threw up. Now, I am trying to get back on track with eating only 1000-1200 cal/day, but I can only eat soft foods and my stomach is in a lot of pain whenever I eat. I am constantly hungry and thinking about food. Do you think I could have stretched out my stomach or caused slippage? If so, has this ever happened to anyone. How does everyone deal with emotional eating?

Thanks for taking the time to help.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the band is only a tool.

It will not assist with emotional/psychological issues behind your weight gain/issue.

I'm a HUGE emotional eater too -- And my biggest fear, was getting the band, without dealing with the REAL reason I'm overweight.

I've been in therapy for just over a year now ...

It's the ONLY thing that's helped me.

I tried to deal with it on my own, but that was a total loss.

I highly recommend you start investing the time and find a therapist before you get dragged further and further ...

cognitive therapy works. It just takes while for things to 'click'.

I wish you all the luck .. just don't give up. And don't think you're destined to live that way.

I know EXACTLY how you feel.

It's now time to deal with the inner issue, before trying to attempt with the outer one.

xo.