Specific diet post-surgery

Amanda2008

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone decided to, post-surgery, go on a specific diet? I never see anything mentioned except for Lean Cuisine.

I am thinking of trying the Fat Smash diet again, which I did a few years ago and it worked (but of course I lost interest and gained it back). It's supposed to kickstart your metabolism and you change your diet in stages. Phase one is a nine-day detox program. It's written by the doctor on Celebrity Fit Club.

Since my first fill, my appetite has been amazingly reduced... it's been awesome, but I guess I just feel kind of lost without a specific structure... did anyone else feel the same way? I also feel like I'm not losing as much as I should.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone decided to, post-surgery, go on a specific diet? I never see anything mentioned except for Lean Cuisine.

I am thinking of trying the Fat Smash diet again, which I did a few years ago and it worked (but of course I lost interest and gained it back). It's supposed to kickstart your metabolism and you change your diet in stages. Phase one is a nine-day detox program. It's written by the doctor on Celebrity Fit Club.

Since my first fill, my appetite has been amazingly reduced... it's been awesome, but I guess I just feel kind of lost without a specific structure... did anyone else feel the same way? I also feel like I'm not losing as much as I should.

It's funny that you mention this. I was thinking about this too recently. Now that I have the band as my tool, I want to incorporate a structured diet, since basically we just need to eat healthier with more added proteins in our diet. I am in the process of checking around. I've never heard of the Fat Sash and will browse their website if they have one to see if this is an option to go on.

I was also thinking of trying the Atkins way too. I browsed through their website and holey moley, the recipes they have ~ amazing! They stress high in proteins and they, too, have 4 structured phases. I'll let you know about this one.

It's funny that you mention this. I was thinking about this too recently. Now that I have the band as my tool, I want to incorporate a structured diet, since basically we just need to eat healthier with more added proteins in our diet. I am in the process of checking around. I've never heard of the Fat Sash and will browse their website if they have one to see if this is an option to go on.

I was also thinking of trying the Atkins way too. I browsed through their website and holey moley, the recipes they have ~ amazing! They stress high in proteins and they, too, have 4 structured phases. I'll let you know about this one.

I can only tell you what work for me. i had the goal of losing all my weight in no more than 7months. well i accomplish my goal and the way i did it was like this. i had a protein shake every morning, mid day i would have some kind of healthy snack mostly bananas, for lunch i would have some source of protein with a vegetable, never a carb item on my plate. for dinner i repeated the same thing as lunch.i really follow this for the first 4 and half months where i lost most of my weight. after that i only had about 25 lbs so i decided to incorporate some carbs to mess up with my metabolism. i also added certain sugary snacks. i lost consistently 15 lbs per month. i also change my exercise routing and added weights three times a week. I hope this helps you. good luck!!

I can only tell you what work for me. i had the goal of losing all my weight in no more than 7months. well i accomplish my goal and the way i did it was like this. i had a protein shake every morning, mid day i would have some kind of healthy snack mostly bananas, for lunch i would have some source of protein with a vegetable, never a carb item on my plate. for dinner i repeated the same thing as lunch.i really follow this for the first 4 and half months where i lost most of my weight. after that i only had about 25 lbs so i decided to incorporate some carbs to mess up with my metabolism. i also added certain sugary snacks. i lost consistently 15 lbs per month. i also change my exercise routing and added weights three times a week. I hope this helps you. good luck!!

GREAT tip lock27! Thanks for this. Maybe I will try this and see what results I would have...

What kind of protein shakes did you drink every morning and what kind of proteins did you eat for dinner and supper? I am following almost the same kind of diet, but with carbs. Maybe I need to cut out the carbs.

What kind of protein shakes did you drink every morning and what kind of proteins did you eat for dinner and supper? I am following almost the same kind of diet, but with carbs. Maybe I need to cut out the carbs.

i drink the slim fast optima (actually the walmart brand since i think they tast better). For protein, i typically eat a turkey burger with a slice of cheese (22g of protein) and corn(has some carbs). for dinner i would either have fish with a slice of cheese or mexican beans with cheese (fat free). i ate the same meals everyday for almost 4 months. I would say that you can try to cut some carbs but not all because your body will be craving them. in reality i really dont know how i did it since i was so strict with my diet and did not fall off the wagon. Sometime for snacks i would have low fat string cheese which help with calories and protein intake. i barely ate 1200 calories during those 4 months. when my body decided that in one week it was not going to drop the weight, i decided to up the calories to 1400 and that did the trick. right now i am finally able to eat again and i am still eating 1200 calories and somehow still loosing weight. i think that my goal weight was too high according to my body. Anyhow, Good luck!!!

• 1 month later...

This is an interesting 'theory' but it's not carbs that are making you hold weight.

what sort of carbohydrates are you taking in? cut oats, white rice, ect?

what are you nutiritonal ratios? protein/fat/carbs)

what is your fitness/exercise looking like?

i find it interesting that people that have had this surgery are still following a very unstable diet - with very little nutritional information on what they're really eating, and WHY they need to take in carbs/fat/proteins.