Dr. Ren in NYC????

I've contacted Dr. Ren's office twice (actually 3 times, but the 1st time I left a message that wasn't returned...) and it seems to be a VERY busy place. Does anyone have any feedback about her, any associated costs, what was the 1st visit like? Are all the fills there via flouroscopic...etc. I'm trying my very best to get info about follow-up care and I'm running into roadblocks! :wacko: The cost is of BIG concern to me... I need to know what I'm looking at. AND, as I posted in a different thread, do you think it may be possible that if submitted correctly by her office, that the doctor visit could be covered by insurance, and just the fill would have to be paid out of pocket???

WONDERFUL News from Doctor Dory Ferraro’s office. I spoke to them just now. They take Patience from Mexico all they ask for is

1. Operative report

2. Fluoroscopy X Ray for their Viewing, which I would let Doc O’s give me the x-ray or pay for it whatever I had to do I would take it with me.

3. She is right here In Leavitt town NY. her website is - http://www.doryferraro.com/

4. $350 for first consult and fill

5. $175 after that.

They would give us a forum to submit to our Insurance company, And if we could get anything out of them, it wouldn’t hurt trying........

But I think that’s great!

http://www.doryferraro.com/

***Some corrections to note after viewing her website***

- She is not a medical doctor. She is a Registered Nurse First Assistant... (Which I'm sure is just as good when you look at her Bio! :D )

- The fills are done in her office/center, HOWEVER, if you want it done via flouroscopy, then you need to go to "Long Island Diagnostic Imaging" and you are billed separately.

The prices however are quite appealing though!

I've contacted Dr. Ren's office twice (actually 3 times, but the 1st time I left a message that wasn't returned...) and it seems to be a VERY busy place. Does anyone have any feedback about her, any associated costs, what was the 1st visit like? Are all the fills there via flouroscopic...etc. I'm trying my very best to get info about follow-up care and I'm running into roadblocks! :wacko: The cost is of BIG concern to me... I need to know what I'm looking at. AND, as I posted in a different thread, do you think it may be possible that if submitted correctly by her office, that the doctor visit could be covered by insurance, and just the fill would have to be paid out of pocket???

It took there office 4 weeks to get back to me, after I faxed the papers they required.

It's not cheap -$500usd for the consult, $150 for the fill.

NO flouro offered.

She doesn't actually do the fills - the nurses do - she just sits in on the consult.

And because you didn't get surgery with her, you're NOT top priority.

I ended up passing on her, because of the really crappy service, and by the time they called me back, it was too late - i found somewhere else.

As a side note, it's very expensive (the majority of the time) finding a fill doctor who won't charge you some made-up 'consult' or what-not fee.

insurance coverage - good luck.

this is elective surgery, and *most* insurance companies will not take a second look at it, let alone qualify it.

***Some corrections to note after viewing her website***

- She is not a medical doctor. She is a Registered Nurse First Assistant... (Which I'm sure is just as good when you look at her Bio! :D )

- The fills are done in her office/center, HOWEVER, if you want it done via flouroscopy, then you need to go to "Long Island Diagnostic Imaging" and you are billed separately.

The prices however are quite appealing though!

MY mistake I wrote Doctor, I spoke to the office they gave me the website.

Also I have read like the above post says, that many people go to Doctor Ren's office and many people don't get filled by Ren but her RN, So I was OK with it I have a few more doctors to look up - Just thought I'd pass the little bit of info that I got along

I didn't ask about Flouro, But have read that a lot of placed don't do flouro all the time, So It just maybe that I'll have to do a fill or two with out Flouro.

I am a patient at NYU, -- commuting in from Long Island -- and while there are some delays overall I put up with minor inconvenience just knowing that Dr. Fielding did my surgery is worth it. ;) Dr. Ren is Dr. Fielding's wife. If I get voice mail I just keep calling back until I get a live person. Usually it only takes about 2 - 3 calls. Dealing with their office is truly not for the faint hearted, but like I said I had too many people who recommended George Fielding to me, which is why I picked him out over several others (on Long Island) and I am thrilled with him.

My first fill is May 21st, Dr. Fielding will be doing it. Also, they have several satellite sites in Brooklyn where you can do fills. I also had my post surgery esophogram done at Long Island Jewish on Community Drive (Manhasset?) this morning (very near my work) and they do fills there all the time (so they said). They seemed very knowledgeable and nice. So perhaps getting a script from whatever Doctor you can, to then hand into LIJ radiology is another option.

I am a patient at NYU, -- commuting in from Long Island -- and while there are some delays overall I put up with minor inconvenience just knowing that Dr. Fielding did my surgery is worth it. ;) Dr. Ren is Dr. Fielding's wife. If I get voice mail I just keep calling back until I get a live person. Usually it only takes about 2 - 3 calls. Dealing with their office is truly not for the faint hearted, but like I said I had too many people who recommended George Fielding to me, which is why I picked him out over several others (on Long Island) and I am thrilled with him.

My first fill is May 21st, Dr. Fielding will be doing it. Also, they have several satellite sites in Brooklyn where you can do fills. I also had my post surgery esophogram done at Long Island Jewish on Community Drive (Manhasset?) this morning (very near my work) and they do fills there all the time (so they said). They seemed very knowledgeable and nice. So perhaps getting a script from whatever Doctor you can, to then hand into LIJ radiology is another option.

Thanks - Since

Insurance isn't covering any of this cause

I'm a low BMI 34 along with KSK, we are trying to find doctors that will take us here & what their prices are

Thanks again

shiney42