Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze

bogiesmom

Dear HG,

Just bought Almond Breeze (Unsweetened Vanilla). What should I do with it?

AB Advice Please

Dear AB Advice,

Way to go! You have purchased my favorite milk-like product on the planet: Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze. I am in love with that stuff. Madly, in fact. Why? Because it has half the calories of most light "milk" options, and the flavor is WAYYYYYY better. An 8-oz. serving of UVAB has just 40 calories (not to mention 25 percent of the daily value for vitamin D), and it's super creamy! INSANITY. There are dozens of ways to use this stuff -- including HG recipes that call for light vanilla soymilk -- but I don't think there's room to share them all! Here are some of my favorites...

1. Over cereal. Use a half-cup serving, and you'll add just 20 calories to your cereal. Or use more for a LARGE bowl of cereal, like our Ginormous Cereal Bowl-anza!

2. In smoothies. It's a delicious, low-calorie base for blended fruit drinks. Just toss it in the blender with your favorite fresh or frozen fruit, some ice, and maybe a little no-cal sweetener. So good!

3. In lattes and other coffee drinks. Ditto -- a great base. Calories in lattes and frozen coffee beverages often rack up quickly. UVAB eliminates that STAT. (BTW, click here for some of my other product picks for making coffee drinks.)

4. To make an AMAZING and large low-cal glass of chocolate "milk." I LOVE this. Just stir 2 tbsp. Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup and a Splenda packet into 8 oz. UVAB. It's great over lots of crushed ice. Mmmmmm! And only 60 calories and 3g fat (POINTS® value 1*).

ENJOY!!! P.S. For those who are new to the world of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, find the stuff with the non-refrigerated boxed milk swaps at select markets. (In very select markets, you can find the refrigerated version with the other milks, but make sure it's the UNSWEETENED kind.)