Question about 2nd fill

Just wondering if you guys think its necessary to stay the night when getting your 2nd fill. How long does it take to know if you need a unfill? Also, if were supposed to be on clears right after a fill, how would you know if you need a unfill? Basically, I am booking my 2nd fill for either the 11th or 12th. I cant decide if I should stay the night. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

I had both my fills at OCC, and left that same day. I think that even though you are on liquids, you would kind of get an idea if you are too tight.

Hope this helps.

Just wondering if you guys think its necessary to stay the night when getting your 2nd fill. How long does it take to know if you need a unfill? Also, if were supposed to be on clears right after a fill, how would you know if you need a unfill? Basically, I am booking my 2nd fill for either the 11th or 12th. I cant decide if I should stay the night. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hey Sarah,

Where do you live in NorCal?

If you are going to OCC I wouldn't stay the night. With the flouro they really can tell what's up as the barium goes down. I've had lots of fills and unfills and they have never overfilled me.

Karen

Sarah,

From my understanding... and, I could be wrong. But, you are on liquids after your first fill. However, you are allowed to eat after your second fill. There were three girls getting their second fill the day that we were at the OCC for our first and they were all going out for Mexican food that night. Also, another person was there for his second fill was eating solids that night in the hotel restaurant. I think you'll be fine with going home the same day. For the record... I can't wait for my second fill either!

Kristy

Sarah,

From my understanding... and, I could be wrong. But, you are on liquids after your first fill. However, you are allowed to eat after your second fill. There were three girls getting their second fill the day that we were at the OCC for our first and they were all going out for Mexican food that night. Also, another person was there for his second fill was eating solids that night in the hotel restaurant. I think you'll be fine with going home the same day. For the record... I can't wait for my second fill either!

Kristy

Interesting...after both of my fills, I was to go on full liquids (the creamy soup stage) for 3 days and then go on solids. Both Dr So and Dr Acosta say this. In fact, my 2nd fill, I was on full liquids for 5 days, as I couldn't eat just yet.

When going for your fill, check with the dr for clear instructions for YOUR fill ~ don't compare with others of what you heard, etc. You don't want to risk your band too soon after just getting your fill. You need to give the band a chance to adjust to the tightness again.

After each of my fill, I hung around the clinic for 30 minutes after the fill (suggested by the docs) and drank the little bottle of water. I sat while drinking and walked while drinking to see 'how I felt'. If I felt tight, I am there and would get an unfill. But like Karen already said, the docs are good and they use fluoro, so they can see how tight our fill would be.

Interesting...after both of my fills, I was to go on full liquids (the creamy soup stage) for 3 days and then go on solids. Both Dr So and Dr Acosta say this. In fact, my 2nd fill, I was on full liquids for 5 days, as I couldn't eat just yet.

When going for your fill, check with the dr for clear instructions for YOUR fill ~ don't compare with others of what you heard, etc. You don't want to risk your band too soon after just getting your fill. You need to give the band a chance to adjust to the tightness again.

After each of my fill, I hung around the clinic for 30 minutes after the fill (suggested by the docs) and drank the little bottle of water. I sat while drinking and walked while drinking to see 'how I felt'. If I felt tight, I am there and would get an unfill. But like Karen already said, the docs are good and they use fluoro, so they can see how tight our fill would be.

Thanks for sharing your experience Jude. I was looking forward to actually having Mexican food in Mexico this time around... it would have been the first! I will definitely check when I go in on Thursday and see what Dr. So or Dr. Acosta say.

Kristy

Thanks for sharing your experience Jude. I was looking forward to actually having Mexican food in Mexico this time around... it would have been the first! I will definitely check when I go in on Thursday and see what Dr. So or Dr. Acosta say.

Kristy

Ooh...I'd be careful if I were you on the food. I went with someone who had a fill and ate mexican food and ended up PBing within 20 minutes...so take caution to the wind on this...

Just wanted to post my email conversation with Dr. Acosta.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Kristy Stock <kstock75@msn.com> wrote:

Dr. Acosta,

I have a question regarding second fills. I am scheduled for my second fill this coming Thursday. I have recieved mixed messages from other patients... I was wondering, am I to be on liquids for three days after my fill or do I go straight to solids? I'll be going on vacation after my fill and would like to be able to plan accordingly.

Thanks, Kristy

Re: Second fill question.‏

Sent: Tue 2/10/09 1:51 PM

To: Kristy Stock (kstock75@msn.com)

Kristy,

After your second fill is important to try and eat solid foods, that way you are certain that your fill is adecuate and not to tight, in some cases we will ask you to stay on liquids, only for 24 hours, this is when we think that inflamation is a factor.

Dr Acosta.

Just wanted to post my email conversation with Dr. Acosta.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Kristy Stock <kstock75@msn.com> wrote:

Dr. Acosta,

I have a question regarding second fills. I am scheduled for my second fill this coming Thursday. I have recieved mixed messages from other patients... I was wondering, am I to be on liquids for three days after my fill or do I go straight to solids? I'll be going on vacation after my fill and would like to be able to plan accordingly.

Thanks, Kristy

Re: Second fill question.‏

Sent: Tue 2/10/09 1:51 PM

To: Kristy Stock (kstock75@msn.com)

Kristy,

After your second fill is important to try and eat solid foods, that way you are certain that your fill is adecuate and not to tight, in some cases we will ask you to stay on liquids, only for 24 hours, this is when we think that inflamation is a factor.

Dr Acosta.

VERY interesting...I must have had inflamation as I was told to go on full liquids for 3 days...

Thanks for sharing Kristy.