Bread Scares ME.

i had my 2nd fill yesterday got 6.6 cc's by Dr. So and once i left the OCC i took a bite of my bf's sandwich (we packed.) and headed into the Comercial Mexicana to pick up some stuff THEN and got stuck terribly!! I thought i chewed enough and swallowed. Thank goodness it's a huge market... i walked around like a maniac until it passed... the good thing about all this... I don't think i'll be eating bread anymore. And that's one less addiction... has anyone gotten stuck on chocolate? haha..

i had my 2nd fill yesterday got 6.6 cc's by Dr. So and once i left the OCC i took a bite of my bf's sandwich (we packed.) and headed into the Comercial Mexicana to pick up some stuff THEN and got stuck terribly!! I thought i chewed enough and swallowed. Thank goodness it's a huge market... i walked around like a maniac until it passed... the good thing about all this... I don't think i'll be eating bread anymore. And that's one less addiction... has anyone gotten stuck on chocolate? haha..

That would just be way to cruel....Bread & Chocolate! Hehehehe!

Hmm I have no issues with bread. I am also at my sweet spot.

The only food that has not liked my band is re-heated shrimp...not band friendly for me.

OH MAN...i love shrimp... now that would be a nightmare. im not sure if im at my sweetspot. but i really hope so now. im ready to lose noticeable weight. im going to lake havasu in aug and hope i can wear cute shorts at least.

You will find that bread in all forms will not be your friend. Take it slow, and if you do eat bread expect it to hurt or come back up! :blink:

Have fun with more restriction..good luck!

Kim :wub:

i sure hope so. i was eating way too much bread. it really did hurt to eat it... and i wasnt really paying attention to my chewing either... yesterday i also had a piece of flan (like pudding consitency) and thought i was gonna get stuck!! but didnt.. i actually am chewing now.. my food is cold! haha.

The 2nd fill was the one that got rid of bread for me! I can still do shrimp, but at lunch it is usually a no-go.

Also, keep in mind if you did that right after your fill you are inflamed a bit. They always put me on liquids/mushies for a couple days. It will heal and loosen up a bit.

I need for chips and dip to get stuck - it is the devil!!!!

i sure hope so. i was eating way too much bread. it really did hurt to eat it... and i wasnt really paying attention to my chewing either... yesterday i also had a piece of flan (like pudding consitency) and thought i was gonna get stuck!! but didnt.. i actually am chewing now.. my food is cold! haha.

Hi Erica! We have basically the same stats and goals! That's always fun to compare. I'm glad you are doing well on your 2nd fill. I've had one so far and can't wait for my next one. I am self pay and they are $400 each so I'm saving up now. I'm trying to be strong and go on self control right now but it gets tough. Congrats on your success and I think it's great to have mini goals like shorts! I am hoping I'll be bathing suit ready by July. not bikini ready- but bathing suit ready. :)

I am having trouble with breads after only 1 fill. If I am very careful and take tiny bites and chew it up, I can get it down, but I just KNOW that with another fill or 2 it will be gone completely! I will mourn the loss of bread... <3

I have not had a fill yet (1st fill is in 3 days - WAHOO!), but I can tell that after 2-3 fills I won't be able to do bread anymore since even now I get a sensation of heartburn when I eat it. I LOVE bread and will too mourn the loss of it, BUT I know that it will be a good thing for me! :)

I couldnt do bread and loved it because I lost quickly BUT realized I was actually just a little too tight. I had a bit of an unfil - now I can barely do it, which is perfect. If I chew VERY good and eat VERY slow most will work, somedays not so much and in the mornings not at all. Just because careful that some of you arent too tight. I know yippie that we lose quickly, but make sure you dont have too many no-no's :)

I couldnt do bread and loved it because I lost quickly BUT realized I was actually just a little too tight. I had a bit of an unfil - now I can barely do it, which is perfect. If I chew VERY good and eat VERY slow most will work, somedays not so much and in the mornings not at all. Just because careful that some of you arent too tight. I know yippie that we lose quickly, but make sure you dont have too many no-no's :)

thanx i was thinking about not having too many "no-no's" i also had sushi (which i looooooooove) and it came right back up!! i it felt weird going down then i burped and OHh-Oh! so i only had the sashimi and that went down fine... i also had some tostadas and i was able to keep that down.. i think it's just the bread and sticky rice that i can't keep down... or gets stuck... which is fine with me!

Wow,

Since I am still on liquids and soup I am reading this with interest....I guess I know what I won't be trying too soon...I am afraid of the stuck feeling, and the BPing...I went to get soup today at the store and looked longingly at peanut butter which I understand will be a real no-no..bread I had already cut down on before banding..but what about regular rice? and corn tortilla's? I would like to be able to have some grains eventually...

PB was never a no no for me. Actually, for awhile when I was too tight I almost lived off the stuff - I will never allow myself to be too tight again.

I also add PB to my chocolate slim fast smoothies (with 1 cup milk a few ice cubes) YUMMY

Rice - is not a no no now, again only when I was too tight

Hm - baby brain here - I cant remember what other food you asked about sorry lol - just went back and read....tortillas, okay I admit, I still have a hard time with them, but I do it - just really slow lol

Now - I can basically eat anything, except some breads that get too gummy, like home made buns I can only have such tiny bites its not even worth it.

It still amazes me that some can eat bread. I never attempted bread. I am still too afraid.

I did try whole wheat tortillas and the first time was OK, but the second I got stuck and in lots of pain and I waited a week and tried again to see if it was a fluke and it was a no go for me. Still too much pain and so I will never go there again. I think for me it is easier to avoid it all together.

I don't even attempt rice or pasta, too scary.

I quit doing rice and bread after that 2nd fill and just don't even try them. Tortillias are fine for me 80% of the time as long as i'm careful and slow about eating. Pasta is actually a major slider for me, so I try to not eat it a lot, but I have it sometimes and mix tuna or another meat in it to beef it up a bit. Goes down way too easy and I don't stay full unless I do that. But it is always my go to food when in mixed company and afraid i'll get stuck. Either that or fish if available I always do good w/ that.

Since my fill in March I have not been able to eat any type of bread...no matter how much I chew, chew, chew. I end up getting sick and hanging over the sink wanting to die. So I STAY AWAY from it all together. I have a few other things like any type of lunch meats, boca burger patties, turkey burger patties. :wacko: Still trying different foods slowly to make sure I don't have issues.

Wow,

Since I am still on liquids and soup I am reading this with interest....I guess I know what I won't be trying too soon...I am afraid of the stuck feeling, and the BPing...I went to get soup today at the store and looked longingly at peanut butter which I understand will be a real no-no..bread I had already cut down on before banding..but what about regular rice? and corn tortilla's? I would like to be able to have some grains eventually...

wow i thought i had replied to this... well i can do corn tortilla but by the time i finish chewing the few first bites well enough so that i can swallow... it gets cold and hard, so im gonna try to avoid that too. Peanut butter... im afraid to try it.. the stuck feeling is not worth it. :] i was was wondering if regular rice would be ok...but to be honest..im afraid too..hahaha