Art of Mindful eating?

Hi All,

Somewhere on here I saw that someone was reading a book called (i think) the Art of mindful eating. They stated that it was very helpful regarding the mind game that we play with ourselves and our eating habits. I have looked on amazon.com and am only able to find something similar in a CD form.

Can anyone tell me if they have this book? If so can you please let me know the author?

The person who posted about this said that it was an amazing book and it had a lot of answers for them regarding this issue.

Who knows every little bit helps right?

Thanks so much!

Hello,

That was me. Here is the name and authors of the books.

1. Eating mindfully by Susan Albers

2. Eating in the moment by Pavel Somov

I like the second one the best. Both are pocket size and can be carried around with you. Good luck hope you like them.

Michele

YEAH! thanks! I thought it was you Michele but I couldnt find the post again. I swear I wasnt trying to stalk you LOL. :lol:

Going to order mine today. Have a great day everyone!! Looks like fall has definately arrived here in the great Northwest!!

I hope you find them as helpful as I do..keep mine by the bedside, or on weak days in my purse...Pavel's book has been my most helpful one I picked a coule of the 141 practices and typed them out to put around the house, like the fridge! or in front of the TV..really they have helped me to break a lot of my bad habits. Good luck! :) Later maybe we can all share which are most helpful. For instance one of mine is "Exhale your craving."

Michele

Here is another one while I was looking on Amazon that I thought looked really helpful!

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Well After Weight LossSurgery - MS, RD, LDN, RYT, Margaret Furtado; Paperback

I ordered this one along with the Eating in the Moment one that you recommended Michele.

• 3 weeks later...

I am gonna order mine tonight as well. Thanks. I am going to need it through the holidays. My daughter baked cookies for the 2nd time this week. The only way for me to hide is to go for a walk. Then I have plates of cookies all over my kitchen. Need some courage till this passes.

Yes and it was wonderful. I actually read it before my surgery but I think I will dig it out and reread. I also agree with Michelle that the Pavel book has the most impact for me. Haven't finished it so, can't say which ones are the most helpful.

Hi guys,

I have both of the books your talking about..My very latest and best so far is the "Bandwagon" wish I had read that earlier..really great info in that and some really helpful hints..thanks to this book I am on the downward trend again! WooHoo.

Michele

Soo Ive been reading both of these books. I love them! Very helpful. I also booked my surgery!! Im very excited... worried.. everything that im sure everyone else has gone through too. Heading down in March (yes im a bit ADD when it comes to planning) lol My best friend is going with me so it will be good. She is wanting to do shopping while we are there. Can anyone tell me did you exchange your US dollars for Pesos while there or at the San Diego Airport? Also, I understand there is a mall close to the Marriott. Has anyone been? Is it Fairly safe? Any suggestions on where to go? Thank you !

All vendors prefer US dollars. You need to take a taxi to the mall $5 each way. Do not pay the taxi drivers more. The Marriott is not very close to the mall. Can you change your reservations to the Lucerna? That is walking distance to OCC and the mall and is a much nicer hotel. The Marriott is in a not very nice neighborhood. The Lucerna is in the financial district with lots of restaurants within walking distance and even a Starbucks:) across the street. I have stayed at the Marriott once and the Lucerna three times. I wish someone would have told me this before I stayed at the Marriott, also go to Revolution Ave. Another $5.00 taxi trip with lots of souvenir shops. I have been to Tijuana 15 times now and drive in from my home in California so I have tons of experience there.

CaliGirl,

Thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated! I sent an email to Carolyn asking if im able to book at the Lucerna instead of the Marriott. If its closer to the OCC and amenities that will be much easier for us.

Thank you for the info Caligirl and MJ I have requested the Lucerna... hoping there isnt an additional charge for it. :unsure:

• 1 year later...