What am I doing wrong

I am trying to stay positive and I know that this is not going to happen overnight. We are suppose to loose 2 lbs a week on average. Well I am not and I think I am doing everything I am suppose to do but I am not loosing. I use to look at some of these post before being banded and think, they are not doing what they are suppose to do or they would be loosing the weight, well I am soooo sorry for EVER thinking that way. I have worked my but off for the last three weeks, walking, cardo, weights, abs, something if not all EVERYDAY!. I have watched EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth. I do not eat fried or bread foods, NO bread, NO pasta, HONESTLY NO "NO NO" FOODS. I weighed this morning and I am STILL at the same weight I was three weeks ago. I am drinking my 60 grams of protein, drinking my water (which is so hard for me to do) and I am eating my 1200 calories a day. Last week I had to add protein snacks in between meals to get my calories in. I do have a high and low carlorie day during each week. SOMEONE please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Carrie

I am trying to stay positive and I know that this is not going to happen overnight. We are suppose to loose 2 lbs a week on average. Well I am not and I think I am doing everything I am suppose to do but I am not loosing. I use to look at some of these post before being banded and think, they are not doing what they are suppose to do or they would be loosing the weight, well I am soooo sorry for EVER thinking that way. I have worked my but off for the last three weeks, walking, cardo, weights, abs, something if not all EVERYDAY!. I have watched EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth. I do not eat fried or bread foods, NO bread, NO pasta, HONESTLY NO "NO NO" FOODS. I weighed this morning and I am STILL at the same weight I was three weeks ago. I am drinking my 60 grams of protein, drinking my water (which is so hard for me to do) and I am eating my 1200 calories a day. Last week I had to add protein snacks in between meals to get my calories in. I do have a high and low carlorie day during each week. SOMEONE please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Carrie

Hey Carrie, sounds like you hit a plauteau. Totally normal. I literally today for the first time since BEFORE Christmas am finally down a couple pounds. Your body will always hit a plateau and it stinks. I would suggest upping your exercise or changing your physical routine, add in more weights or something. That seemed to help me. What about fiber? I get a lot of fiber, that makes a difference too. Hang in there, eventually you will get back to losing. And also, I believe they say that a 1-3 lb per week weight loss is "normal".

Karen

Carrie,

Hang in there girl! You are doing everything right and eventually your body will catch up! I have been on a plateau now for 6 weeks. Just remember how far you have come, and it won't be long before you will be dropping again!

XOXO

(((((((((((((((((Carry)))))))))))))))

Hugs to you. I haven't been banded yet, but I can relate. You mentioned the scale hasn't moved for 3 weeks...a little question for you that you don't have to answer on the board. Just think about when your cycle is, and how much weight you normally water gain you have before and how much water gain you lose after.

I had to remind myself about that this am because the pre op scale stopped...in fact it went up about a pound. Then I remembered that according to my calendar my cycle is coming next Saturday (which means I'll have it during my surgery). I then understood what was going on.

Because of that, I'm going to put the scale away until after my cycle is over.

xo

I just got back from two weeks vacation so I have NOT been doing everything the way I should (no gym, no measuring, not enough water, a couple cocktails) but I was barely able to eat anything. I wasn't ever physically hungry, but I was miserable watching my husband and kids eat bacon and egg breakfasts, snack bar at the pool for lunch, extravegant hotel dinners, snacks at Disney. I felt SO sorry for myself that I couldn't indulge like I normally do on vacation and thought for sure my reward when I got home would be a big loss. I could scream. I only lost one pound in two weeks :o:o:o . I know I don't need another fill cause I get stuff stuck at least once a day so now I'm back to the basics.....protein shake in the morning, tiny high-protein lunch and dinner cut up in to a million little pieces and water, water, water....which is very hard to get in because I have a bladder problem that I am awaiting surgery for. In fact, they say the surgery won't be successful until I drop another 50 pounds or so <_< . I wouldn't say I regret the surgery, but even having researched for three years, this is WAY harder than I thought it would be. All newbies should know that. The band will take away the physical hunger, but your head will still want the food. On a positive note, you girls are all so gorgeous already!!! Just looking at these forum pics, I've noticed that we are all such pretty girls. It reminds me of a bumper sticker I used to have, "I may be fat, but you're ugly and I can diet!" Hahaha. We'll get there. But why does it have to take so long????

Carrie sweetheart ~ I know what you are going through. I went for weeks without losing the pounds, BUT I've lost inches? Go figure. Also, I was focusing way too much, which stressed me out and finally I just eased up and let the days flow by naturally. You've got to live your own life as well with the people around you. You can't force an issue that is not going to happen overnight. It takes time, realistically time, for body changes to stay. It took me less than 2 months to lose over 40 lbs, so my body was not 'awake' and didn't participate with the loss part! Yeah...so that is why we are plateauing. There are ways to get a jump kick by upping and changing fitness routines and meal planning. Remember, everyone is going to be different in this kind of changes. What works for me, may not work for you.

Also, if you are doing hard core and using weights, remember you are starting to build muscles by toning and firming them. Well, that in itself will give you some weight. Remember, you gained this weight for a period of time, you cannot expect to lose too quickly...AND, that is not a true statement to lose 2 lbs a week for everyone. Too many factors involve, body chemistry, shape and form, what you eat, fitness done, what nutrients, vitamins, and supplements you are taking. With all said and done, no wonder we are stressing out!

You need to look at this weight loss journey as a whole and break it down from there to reasonable goal steps for YOU. Not everyone is going to have the same weight goal. It's the same principle of a baby....the first tooth, the crawl, the walking, the potty training, etc. The weight loss is the same...the preop, the post op, the solid stage, meal planning, fitness tracking, etc. Our problem is that we are focusing too much on what we need to do and stress = frustrations when we want results now! It's not going to happen, I can tell you that and I am sure the older bandsters will tell you the same. You need to set realistic goals in like 6 months from now. I finally can attest to this way of thinking, as I am changing around my food/fitness tracking and a few other things.

AND, you still have the weight loss and you haven't gained it back! THAT is a good thing! Hang in there babe...it will work out soon enough. Just need to relax and enjoy the ride. LIke the girls have said, you are doing everything right and continue what you are doing, your weigh will eventually come off.

TIP: DON'T do strengthening workouts every day, but every other day. DO cardio everyday, at least 30 minutes a day.

Best to you!

Carrie ~~

I feel ya, girlfriend. TRUST. I have been at a plateau for over 3 months!!! I can understand your frustration and being upset. I am in my last 20 lbs to lose, and its going to be the toughest.

Are you switching up your workouts? Are you switching up your foods? Eat bigger meals earlier in the day? Drinking 80 oz of water a day also will work wonders. Do workouts that are interval - - light and easier for a minute, then as fast and hard as you can for 2 minutes, light and easy for 2 minutes, as hard and fast as you can for 3-4 minutes.. etc. You gotta trick your body. Also add in strength training every other day if you can.

Dr, Miranda told me to eat:

Breakfast: protein/cheese, fruit, and carb (you can mix carb and protein if you wish - - i.e. have a sausage patty on 2 slices of light bread)

Lunch: Protein (meat only - - dont mix carbs this meal) Protein first, then veggies, fruit, and carb if still hungry.

Dinner: Protein, veg, fruit, carb. Same as lunch - - don't mix protein and carb.

Snack: if you need a snack have sugar free jello or 30 almonds.

Also, take chromium picolinate and 30 min prior to workout, take L carnitine. (i think thats how its spelled)., I get them in the form of a pill called stress tabs. They are in the vitamin section of the store. They are a red pill.

See if that works?

Sweetie,

You are doing what you can! Keep it up! When your scale moves it will probably be big. I am only losing about 1 lb. per week. It is slow and frustrating, but my scales are not going in the wrong direction. Think about the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady will eventually win the race. I have always heard, lose it slowly and it stays off. Also, it gives your skin more time to adjust. I also tell myself, that even if I haven't lost as fast as I would like, I am still helping my body out because of healthy eating and exercise. Find your happy thought and focus on it! Stay strong and keep going.

Kimberly

Carrie,

I feel your pain! But, you are doing wonderfully. I went 2-3 weeks going between 270 and 275... and, I thought I was going to lose my mind. However, I stayed on the healthy road and eventually I started losing again. Keep up the good work!

Hugs, Kristy

Carrie,

I feel your pain! But, you are doing wonderfully. I went 2-3 weeks going between 270 and 275... and, I thought I was going to lose my mind. However, I stayed on the healthy road and eventually I started losing again. Keep up the good work!

Hugs, Kristy

CONGRATS Kristy!!! WOW 0 50# already. Do you really feel your restriction now?

I just rescheduled my 2nd fill for the 14th - so hopefully I can start losing again. I am like the rest - keep bouncing between 207 and 211 - it does get discouraging - but I'm hanging in there.

Judi

Are you starting your day off with enough protein? I was really frustrated because I couldn't eat much in the morning but ended the day very, very hungry. Well I started drinking a protein shake every day for breakfast and my appetite was lower all day. I've started dropping weight again too!

Thanks everyone!

I am just so Frustrated right now but I am going to keep my head up and try to keep doing what I am doing. Sooner or later something has to give. I am going to start doing liquids for a while to try to jump start my weight loss again.

Again thanks for everyones advice.

Carrie

Carrie,

Hang in there. You will plateau, OVER AND OVER again. I know it is hard to get discouraged, but I promise you it IS part of the process. Keep doing the right things, and you'll get there. I had ties where I'd go a MONTH without losing a pound. And then I'd get on the scale and 4 pounds would be gone and I'd start losing again. Keep on doing what you are doing... it happens. Make sure you make the band do the work. If it isn't, it is time for another fill.