Metal taste???

I had my third fill on 2-19 and I'm thrilled with my restriction. I noticed a few days ago that I have a metal taste in my mouth. I am taking a daily multi vitamin, but have been taking them for months. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you in advance!! :)

Darlene

I had my third fill on 2-19 and I'm thrilled with my restriction. I noticed a few days ago that I have a metal taste in my mouth. I am taking a daily multi vitamin, but have been taking them for months. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you in advance!! :)

Darlene

Take some iron. I had that a few years back and turned out I was anemic.

I was reading up on 'metallic tastes' and read that people who are dieting go into something called ketosis when their bodies are burning fat. They can get a metallic taste and\or bad breath during this time. [Hubby's at work, so no one to ask about the breath thing... hehehehe.]

I'm not saying that this is what I'm going through, but I thought it was interesting.

Thanks Ramona, I had blood work not too long ago and doc didn't say anything about my iron. I have been taking a daily multi vitamin for over a year now [i forgot that I started taking it BEFORE I was banded.] I just brushed my teeth and it made no difference, I can still taste the metal. Oh well, if it stays I'll talk to doc. Thanks again!! Darlene