Not Keep my fill???

Hey...haven't been on in a while. So just to catch you all up. Banded July 2, 2008. I was 246 that May, 2008 and at surgery weighed in at 233. I am now at 210. Seems my fills are not lasting...like I am loosing my fills. I am at 3.5cc in my band. Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem too? I am great for a couple months then...it just seems to go away. Also...I too feel very frustrated with my band. I am only at 210 lbs. I thought my results would be MORE...to say if frankly! So I am not loving this band of mine.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had there band filled with a thicker solution other than the saline? Would be great to hear if anyone has. Thanks!!!!

Denise!!! YOU ARE ONE HOT MAMA!!! YOU LOOK AWESOME! GREAT JOB!

I have not had my first fill yet so I can not give any advice for you that way. Just some questions, how many fills have you had? Did you get them done at the OCC? When you say you are loosing your fill, do you mean that the band is loosing liquid? Wondering if you have just not found your " sweet " spot yet?

I have heard alot of people say that when they get their fill on or around when they have their period they find it does not last long. I spoke to the clinic and they recomend taking a water pill so you are not retaining water when you get your fill.

I am sure I am telling you nothing that you already knew. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Julie

I have had a total of 3 fills. One without fluro...and the two others with fluro. Just seems like my fills after a few months are gone. I know I was at my sweet spot at 3.5cc I lost like 3 pounds like that...then nothing since...I haven't gained...thank goodness....I am worried at I am almost at the 4cc mark...any my band is only 4cc. If 3.5cc wasn't my "sweet spot"...see where I am going with this? I am just frustrated. I ask my co-workers if I eat a lot...and they are like "NO" I just don't know what to do. I hope that this is not as good as it gets for me.

I need some help....PLEASE

:( Dianna

I have had a total of 3 fills. One without fluro...and the two others with fluro. Just seems like my fills after a few months are gone. I know I was at my sweet spot at 3.5cc I lost like 3 pounds like that...then nothing since...I haven't gained...thank goodness....I am worried at I am almost at the 4cc mark...any my band is only 4cc. If 3.5cc wasn't my "sweet spot"...see where I am going with this? I am just frustrated. I ask my co-workers if I eat a lot...and they are like "NO" I just don't know what to do. I hope that this is not as good as it gets for me.

I need some help....PLEASE

:( Dianna

Don't fret, you can fit more than 4 cc's in there if you have too. Not a lot, but some. I am currenty at 10cc's in my 10 cc VG band and there is still room for more closure. I was petrified about that too, but there is a little bit of room to go in there beyond the 4 cc's.

RE: Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had there band filled with a thicker solution other than the saline?

THERE WAS A GAL HERE THAT HAD A THICKER SALINE PUT IN BUT IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE I'VE SEEN HER HERE. I'LL SEND OVER A PM TO SEE IF SHE CAN'T ANSWER YOU

One thing to keep in mind is that you might have lost some of the fat between the band and your stomach. I have had similar results, but I am keeping positive in thinking that I have lost and not gained.

surgery weight: 201

Today's weight: 173 (finally broke the 175 mark).. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I looked at the card my surgeon gave me after my surgery just out of curiosity because I had not read the information on it recently. I have the 10cc or VG band, which one would normally think would only hold 10cc, but the card said that the maximum fill amount is 14cc, so I am pretty sure your 4 cc band will hold more than 4cc.

As for losing the fill or restriction after two or three months, I would think that is pretty normal. I had my surgery done here in KC and went back every 4 weeks for the first year because it was included in the cost of surgery. I received a fill all but two of those months and I didn't feel any restriction until December. I did not get a fill in Jan. of this year but I wish now that I had as I was more than ready for one by the time my Feb. appt. rolled around and that was my last free visit.

See if you can schedule another fill with flouroscopy. Ask the fill doctor if they would be willing to do a barium swallow and fill while you are standing up (yes, the needle will be sticking out of your tummy). This fill style has given me the best restriction because after they do the fill they can see how well the liquid is going thru the band and can make adjustments if necessary while you are still there. The guy that does my fill is not willing to pull out all of my saline just because. His reasoning is that sometimes removing all of the saline and then putting it back in can cause the band to slip.

Let us know what you decide.

Hey...haven't been on in a while. So just to catch you all up. Banded July 2, 2008. I was 246 that May, 2008 and at surgery weighed in at 233. I am now at 210. Seems my fills are not lasting...like I am loosing my fills. I am at 3.5cc in my band. Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem too? I am great for a couple months then...it just seems to go away. Also...I too feel very frustrated with my band. I am only at 210 lbs. I thought my results would be MORE...to say if frankly! So I am not loving this band of mine.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had there band filled with a thicker solution other than the saline? Would be great to hear if anyone has. Thanks!!!!

I am right there with you. I have not moved the scale in 2 months. I have 2.5cc in my band. I called the local fill doctor today to schedule another fill and they went up on the prices from 175 to 275 and thats without a floro. I got so mad that i just told her to cancel. Now I have to look for a Doctor in Dallas or make a trip back to the OCC. Its going to cost me more but I would rather do it with floro. I hope you keep going foward with this. Take care.

I can't say that I am happy with my band either. The weight loss for me has been a joke. I was banded 4/7/08 and I have only lost 37 pounds to date and a couple of sizes, and lots of money. I have had 2 unfills and it's very frustrating. I feel your pain... <_<

I understand too, I had my fill on Feb. 19 and had excellent restriction till today. Now I feel like I did before I got that 3rd fill. I had hope cause this fill was lasting longer than the other 2 but now I'm back to struggling again. I lost a couple pounds but now it's stopped again. :lb20:

Well guess what guys!!!! I got a fill yesturday and I only had 2.9cc in my band (I lost .6cc as my orginal fill was 3.5cc) So today I have GREAT restriction. When I got my fill she gave me reasons why I may have lost some fluid...so I guess I am content for now. I can't wait for the weight loss to restart!!!

:) Dianna

The "RIGHT" fill is key!!! I've lost almost 2 pounds these last few days. Amazing what 0.6cc of fluid did for me. I am now down 38lbs. I just wish and pray this keeps up for me...seems like this journey has NOT been easy at all. Keep your fingers crossed!

The "RIGHT" fill is key!!! I've lost almost 2 pounds these last few days. Amazing what 0.6cc of fluid did for me. I am now down 38lbs. I just wish and pray this keeps up for me...seems like this journey has NOT been easy at all. Keep your fingers crossed!

Sounds great Dianna! I am so looking forward to my 3rd fill tomorrow. It has been 2 months since my last fill and I haven't felt much restriction for weeks. The only thing thats been hard for me is eating early in the day, but at night time I feel I can eat just about anything. As long as its not bread.

Sounds great Dianna! I am so looking forward to my 3rd fill tomorrow. It has been 2 months since my last fill and I haven't felt much restriction for weeks. The only thing thats been hard for me is eating early in the day, but at night time I feel I can eat just about anything. As long as its not bread.

WTG Dianna ~ Yeah! Glad to see things are moving for you and really take the time to enjoy this fill. Work with it and you will see results. Portion is the key too.

Dana...I am to OCC, with Kristy, this coming Saturday for my 3rd fill...I've plateaued long enough and it's time to have a 'tweak' put in.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE and here's to good resdtriction!

Congrats! I hope your restriction keeps up!

Diana,

What were some of the reasons they said you could lose some of your fill? I would be interested in hearing more than what I have researched on the internet?

1) If they have any air in the syringe and that air gets injected into your band while they are filling it, the air over time can escape thru the plastic band.

2) If they do not hold the syringe plunger down as they pull out of the band after the band is filled it will pull back saline into tubing and syringe and not give you an accurate fill.

3) The third and most generic answer...over time for what ever the reason...you can just loose some of the fill.

Hope that answers or help you!