What am I doing wrong?

Hello all you wonderful people. Here I am 3 weeks out from my lapband and I have not lost hardly at all. I was 167.5 i think at day of band and today I am 165.4...Whats up with that....? Three weeks of liquids and feeling deprived and nothing....I suppose I could get off my butt more and exercise....Yes that is next on my list to tackle. But what my questions is What the heck is up with this stail weight loss.

I feel like I am not eating much any more and I don't feel deprived, here was yesterdays meal.

Coffee x2 (sustance to life)

Protein shake (I hate breakfast)

Chicken bake, 1/3 of it..

chicken bake another 1/3 of it and the other 1/3 is still in my lunch box that I take to work

32ox water

tea

this is from 11am to 12 midnight.. I work 12's...

Is that so bad...I know there is no veggies I do need to work on that.

Some one kick my butt, or something what do you all think?

:((

Kim

Hello all you wonderful people. Here I am 3 weeks out from my lapband and I have not lost hardly at all. I was 167.5 i think at day of band and today I am 165.4...Whats up with that....? Three weeks of liquids and feeling deprived and nothing....I suppose I could get off my butt more and exercise....Yes that is next on my list to tackle. But what my questions is What the heck is up with this stail weight loss.

I feel like I am not eating much any more and I don't feel deprived, here was yesterdays meal.

Coffee x2 (sustance to life)

Protein shake (I hate breakfast)

Chicken bake, 1/3 of it..

chicken bake another 1/3 of it and the other 1/3 is still in my lunch box that I take to work

32ox water

tea

this is from 11am to 12 midnight.. I work 12's...

Is that so bad...I know there is no veggies I do need to work on that.

Some one kick my butt, or something what do you all think?

:((

Kim

I hate to be so blunt, but that's the way it generally works before you're first and sometimes second fill--I gained 5 pounds before mine and now that you're body has got the food so to speak, it wants to hang on to the weight. You might need to make sure you're getting 1200 calories in 'cause it doesn't even look like you are getting in 1000 (maybe another protein shake?). When it is proclaimed that everyone is totally different with this band...it's true. The funny thing is that you'd think that by eating so few calories, our bodies would just dump the weight. I was disappointed that this is not the case. Anyway, let me tell you exercising does help with the NSV's so, if you get a chance start your cardio and make sure you don't do any ab work for three months!

For me... water, cardio and PATIENCE (for the record, I complain a lot while working on my patience) have been the answers to a lot of my frustrations. I also make sure I ask questions of those that I trust and try my best to listen to my band and body. I take a lot of information from other and "tweek" it to work for me. Coming off of liquids and heading into solids is going to be a bit of a shock to your system. I lost 15 pounds during my post-op liquid phase and gained 5 pounds back before getting my first fill. After my first fill, I had to use willpower and literally work my butt off in order to lose 10 pounds before my next fill. Be kind to yourself. Commit to exercise. And, track your food intake --- you will be amazed once you put this down in writing. It gives you a better idea of what is really going on and you are not relying on remembering. I promise you... if you follow your post-op guidelines you will be successful.

Kristy

Another thing you might want to consider is that you are already very low BMI! :D I am at 173ish and it has been tough to kick those last 20lbs....

Try to avoid caffeinated beverages, both coffee and tea promote water retention!!! I have switched to decaf and it has helped, and I totally avoid Tea... Also my doctor told me that for every cup of coffee/tee that I drink I need to replace it with water. I think you should be drinking 2X's the water you are currently drinking... I drink sugar free drink mixes to give me a little taste.. Yum.

Good luck.

Another thing you might want to consider is that you are already very low BMI! :D I am at 173ish and it has been tough to kick those last 20lbs....

Try to avoid caffeinated beverages, both coffee and tea promote water retention!!! I have switched to decaf and it has helped, and I totally avoid Tea... Also my doctor told me that for every cup of coffee/tee that I drink I need to replace it with water. I think you should be drinking 2X's the water you are currently drinking... I drink sugar free drink mixes to give me a little taste.. Yum.

Good luck.

Hm, it seems as though you are on solids now? Is chicken all you eating? You need fiber girlfriend! Also, you may hate breakfast, but trust me, eating breakfast will kick start your day with energy. You don't have to have a huge one. Cereal with or without milk, one egg omelet with bacon and cheese (look at those proteins intake!)...things like that. If you don't care for that, have some fruit and/or veggies...and put unflavored protein powder in your decaf coffee. You need to balance your meals a little more. Also, you need to drink a minimum of 64 oz (8/8oz) of water. I now drink anywhere between 8 to 11 glasses a day, depending on what hard core exercises I do. I also use those wonderful 'to go' drink mixes to flavor it up and Crystal Light and Ocean Spray offer some great flavors! I do drink tea though, but weak. I just want the flavor and it relaxes me in the evening.

If you are not exercising, then do it. Walking right now is the best investment you can do for yourself, to prepare yourself for the cardio and strength/weight exercises you will be doing. Also, you need to burn more calories by exercising then your calorie intake.

Remember, the band is a tool and you work WITH it. It can't do the work alone.

Good luck!

I'm not sure what you hate about breakfast, but Snickers has some 10 gram and 20 gram energy/protein bars. You might try having those for breakfast - I have never had a problem with them going down, but then again my body thinks I am eating a candy bar because they are so yummy. :D

I would not suggest the peanut butter ones, not because of the contamination issue but because they are kind of grainy. The Multigrain Crunch are the best.

Thanks...I do take those oh so yummy fiber pills or chewie fiber things, which give me gas so I take them at night. Definetly need to increase the movement of the ol body. I get frusterated when I see so many people that have dropped so much weight before there first fill. Oh no not me, that is why I got this band to begin with because I have such a hard time loosing weight.

So my plan is

1-exercise

2- add the veggies and write everything down...

3 make sure that I am getting 1200 cals, which I don't think I have.

I will report back in one week and let you all know if that has made any difference.

So what do you all eat? what is your menu plan?

Kim

To answer your question, "So what do you all eat? what is your menu plan?". To be honest, I don't have one. I have been "winging it", trying to figure out what works for ME and at the same time, live as "normally" as possible. I don't want to be miserable, but I also want to be healthy. I eat what I want (and what I CAN cause I have a lot of problem foods), I just don't eat very much. I think if I was following a strict plan like Lisa (bless you), I might be down 60 pounds by now; however, at this point in my journey I don't have that kind of willpower or motivation. If you're lurking here and looking at WLS it's likely that you don't either....no offense.

I've lost 40 pounds in three and a half months with no exercise and food choices that aren't always perfect. I'm not the lap-band poster-child, but I'm happy with my progress so far and will continue to try to make better choices but I have many years of bad-habits and a lazy lifestyle that can't be changed overnight. I'm not saying you should do what I do, I'm just putting my truth out there because if I had read the posts of people that are doing it all right, I would never have been banded because it would not have seemed realistic to me- and that would be a shame.

Sabrina:)

To answer your question, "So what do you all eat? what is your menu plan?". To be honest, I don't have one. I have been "winging it", trying to figure out what works for ME and at the same time, live as "normally" as possible. I don't want to be miserable, but I also want to be healthy. I eat what I want (and what I CAN cause I have a lot of problem foods), I just don't eat very much. I think if I was following a strict plan like Lisa (bless you), I might be down 60 pounds by now; however, at this point in my journey I don't have that kind of willpower or motivation. If you're lurking here and looking at WLS it's likely that you don't either....no offense.

I've lost 40 pounds in three and a half months with no exercise and food choices that aren't always perfect. I'm not the lap-band poster-child, but I'm happy with my progress so far and will continue to try to make better choices but I have many years of bad-habits and a lazy lifestyle that can't be changed overnight. I'm not saying you should do what I do, I'm just putting my truth out there because if I had read the posts of people that are doing it all right, I would never have been banded because it would not have seemed realistic to me- and that would be a shame.

Thank you so much for this Sabrina! I really thought that I was the only one struggling and even though I've been going to the gym 4x a week...I still HATE it! You've put my thoughts down into writing prefectly and I thank you for it.

THANK YOU!!!! Great post!