Help me understand...

Ok I will try my best to describe what I am feeling/doing and want some advice on whether I need another fill. I have only lost 3 lbs since my last fill in January. I thought I had restriction, but let me tell you what happens and you can give me your opinions.

Every time I start eating I feel like whatever I'm eating is stuck (not up in the espophogus, but down where the band is...) So I eat a few bites, stop, get up and walk around and I can literally feel it go down, a little burp comes up and then I am able to continue eating. This repeats itself about 2-3 times (with sliming included), then after that I am able to eat like normal (chewing througoughly of course) for the rest of the meal. I fell like once the rough beginning is over I am able to eat more than 1/3 of what I was eating preop. I do finally get the full feeling,but after eating more than I think I should. It almost like the first few bites have to be forced through......its rough....

So I am trying to figure out if I need a fill, but then I am concern that the stuck feeling with sliming will get worse if I am filled. But then on the other hand, I am eating more than one third of preop and not losing weight. My meals tend to "last" in the way that I don't get starving between meals, but I do snack occasionally.

Anyone else have same experience, or anyone have any advice???

Cindy,

Thank you for posting this and you explained it very well. This is my issue as well. I have SLOWED down and started chewing better and it is helping. I got stuck SO bad the other night on Beans that it scared me. I found out that we do have LAPBAND GODS, I know because I prayed to them. I told them that if the pain would stop I would chew like I have never chewed before...lol....So I have slowed down and started chewing and it has helped SO much. I think it was Jazzy who said that she even puts her fork down in between bits to help her slow down on eating, this does work. Also if I do get that feeling of being stuck and sliming, I stop eating, that is it for me until my next meal. I am so scared of streatching my pouch. I am scheduled for my 3rd fill on friday and honestly am very neverous about it. I am eating more than I think I should be eating and I am not loosing, but I dont want to get too tight either. The only advice I can give is chew and slow down eating and see if this helps. Im not sure what foods you are eating but there are some foods that I cant eat, one being eggs.

Good Luck!

Carrie

Cindy,

Thank you for posting this and you explained it very well. This is my issue as well. I have SLOWED down and started chewing better and it is helping. I got stuck SO bad the other night on Beans that it scared me. I found out that we do have LAPBAND GODS, I know because I prayed to them. I told them that if the pain would stop I would chew like I have never chewed before...lol....So I have slowed down and started chewing and it has helped SO much. I think it was Jazzy who said that she even puts her fork down in between bits to help her slow down on eating, this does work. Also if I do get that feeling of being stuck and sliming, I stop eating, that is it for me until my next meal. I am so scared of streatching my pouch. I am scheduled for my 3rd fill on friday and honestly am very neverous about it. I am eating more than I think I should be eating and I am not loosing, but I dont want to get too tight either. The only advice I can give is chew and slow down eating and see if this helps. Im not sure what foods you are eating but there are some foods that I cant eat, one being eggs.

Good Luck!

Carrie

Well, surprise, surprise...I chewed better from the first bit going in the last few meals and I had not problems................WHICH MEANS....I DO NEED A FILL!! So, OCC here I come, hopefully next weekend!

Cindy,

I went through the same thing. My concern is that when I chew smaller pieces I feel like it takes me longer to get full. If it is getting even a little stuck you need to chew better. If you take your time and chew into really small bites, and you feel like you can still eat more than about 1/3 of what you used to eat, then it is time for a fill. What everyone needs to realize is the band is NOT suppose to be painful! If food is getting stuck it is not because you have good restriction, but because we are not chewing well enough.

My advice is to slow down, take smaller bites, and chew really well. It shouldn't get stuck. If it still gets stuck then you might have too much restriction. If the smaller, chewed up bites don't get stuck, eating slowly see how much you can eat up until you get that full feeling. If it is a whole plate, then you need a fill most likely.