How do I know how much to eat????

My husband & I were banded on 2-27 and we are still on the creamy phaze of our diet. There has been times that I have made soup that is homemade. So I'm not sure what the serving size would be. So how do you know how much you should eat? The reason I'm asking is because I don't think I have any restriction so I'm able to eat way to much soup. My guess would be, I wouldn't know what restriction was, because I'm not eating solid food yet. There was one time that while I was on the first week of my post-op diet, I drank some hot cocoa & I felt really bad (hurt). I can't really describe the feeling all I know is it wasn't good & I didn't want to feel that again. Maybe that was restriction that I was feeling then. Does the restriction come when you start on solid foods? Or should I be feeling it now? Also how many calories should we be consuming per day? We have both been having around 800 to 900 per day.

Congrats to you and your husband for taking the plunge together!

All doctors are different, but this is what my doctor said. I was told I could eat as "few" as 400 calories a day as long as I consumed 70 grams of protein today. I get the majority of my protein from a beverage called ISOPURE which is sold at GNC. Each one is 40 grams of protein, so 2 ISOPURE's a day is 320 calories, 80 grams of protein.

I'm filling the other calories by drinking non fat milk, fruit juices and the like.

His post op paper work will have me on 400 to 800 calories a day for 6 months.

His nurse said something completely different. lol

She said to consume between 800 and 1200 calories a day.

I put that in to emphasize that every professional has different opinions.

:)

Good luck to you both!