Gassy after lapband

Did anyone experience being gassy every day all day after being banded? I am 9 weeks out from being banded, so I don't think it would be the gas people experience after surgery (which I didn't have to begin with). Every day I just feel bloated and gassy, to the point where I have to leave work, go out to my car, and let it come out. At first, I thought it was because I was constipated, but even after going to the bathroom, I just feel gassy, and it's so uncomfortable. I carry boxes and bend up and down at work, and sometimes (not to be so TMI) but I feel like something might slip out one of these days..lol. If you experienced this, what did you do to stop it?

Did anyone experience being gassy every day all day after being banded? I am 9 weeks out from being banded, so I don't think it would be the gas people experience after surgery (which I didn't have to begin with). Every day I just feel bloated and gassy, to the point where I have to leave work, go out to my car, and let it come out. At first, I thought it was because I was constipated, but even after going to the bathroom, I just feel gassy, and it's so uncomfortable. I carry boxes and bend up and down at work, and sometimes (not to be so TMI) but I feel like something might slip out one of these days..lol. If you experienced this, what did you do to stop it?

><' I'm so glad to see you on Here I have gas all the time don't know why, but how are you doing

after your first fill ? I like to watch and hear from you because we have the same size band and we were banded around the sametime.

hahahaha - I am SO gassy! When I get up in the morning I have to go outside for a while and hope the neighbors can't hear. But it is all day long. I am going to look into some meds I saw advertised on TV to see if that works. Can't remember the name right now, but will know it when I see it.

Maybe someone else will have a good answer for this.

Judi

><' I'm so glad to see you on Here I have gas all the time don't know why, but how are you doing

after your first fill ? I like to watch and hear from you because we have the same size band and we were banded around the sametime.

Hi Sawdawg - I will be in Yuma tomorrow and then heading to TJ for a fill on Saturday. Can you tell me how long it took to drive there? I will probably stay until Monday and would like to meet you - if you are going to be around. Please email me at jumcco@yahoo.com

Judi

Hello,

After about 3 months the gassy-ness recedes, to a "normal" point. At least it did for me. The first three months I was gas crazy and 90% of it was all from the south.

Thanks for all of your replies. I was getting so frustrated with it, and was starting to think, if this is how it's going to be, I was almost regretting getting the band. I will try Gas-X, I had actually forgotten about that. I am so glad I am not alone with this. :)

I'm so glad to see you on Here I have gas all the time don't know why, but how are you doing

Hi :) I am doing pretty good. How about yourself? I haven't lost much weight, just the 5 lbs I lost while on 3 day liquid diet, then gained it back once on solids, then lost it again..lol. I am never hungry, but I have noticed this week, I can eat more than I could the weeks prior. OCC told me 10 weeks before second fill, however, I don't want to wait until May. I am hoping to go to the new Fill Center USA in Huntington Beach, that is opening this weekend, and I am hoping they will give me a fill in April. So we'll see. Hope your doing good. :)

My gas is BAD! I am constantly having to leave the room to fart or something! lol! Oh well, I hope it does get better eventually but I am sure that if I can eventually lose some weight then it will be worth it to me!

I am still hungry and I just got done with my 2nd fill :( I have been going up to NW Fill Management and I have 2.4 cc's now in my 4 cc band. I am still able to eat quite a bit, more than I feel I should be able to eat anyway. And I get hungry. I haven't lost any weight at all in the last month so I have been really really frustrated the past few weeks which is why I haven't been on here too much lately. I have recently started working out more and taking my daughter to the park on sunny days so hopefully being more active will help but I am not eating terribly it is just that I am able to eat more than 1/3 of what I used to and that sucks!

I am sure it is just my mind trying to freak me out but I want to do flouro on my next fill because I am all paranoid that I have stretched my pouch or something. I haven't done anything to stretch it out but that naturally is what my mind goes to!

Anyways, good luck with the Fill Centers USA in CA Ckikii, I don't think you should have to wait 10 weeks for another fill, that just seems like unfair torture!!

Let me just put it this way - if scientists could figure out how to harness the gas that was coming out of my rear, I would have enough to power a small town!! And it's not just a little poot here and there either. I am farting like a bunch of frat guys after a long night of binge drinking and hot wings!!! If I had to go outside everytime I farted, I might as well pitch a tent out there, because it's pretty much constant.

Funny story, the other night I was in bed and my little terrier dog was laying at my feet and of course I had to let one go and it was really long and really loud - so much so that it scared my little dog and he jumped of the bed and started barking!!

I know that it's only a matter of time before I am out in public and somebody hears my internal fog horn!!!

Oh my gosh, you all have me laughing..lol :)

Anyways, good luck with the Fill Centers USA in CA Ckikii, I don't think you should have to wait 10 weeks for another fill, that just seems like unfair torture!!

So I called and the two Fill Centers USA in Southern CA, do their fills blindly. Which I just don't feel comfortable doing. I am going to try for the Las Vegas center, they said they do fills under flouro once a month, so I am hoping it's when I am in Vegas next month.

Both of my fills so far have been blind, it wasn't scary at all and I can definitely tell that I have had fills because I do have a small amount of restriction. The only reason I want to do a fill with flouro next time is to make sure that I haven't stretched my pouch out. The nurses at the place I go said that fills under flouro everytime isn't necessary as long as your port is easily findable, I know that contradicts with what OCC says but it is putting your body under X-Ray and you don't get any more of a fill from it. Anyways, good luck and hopefully with this next fill you get great restriction! and hopefully I will soon too!! :)

Have a great weekend!! OH and have fun in Vegas too, I'm jealous!!

Both of my fills so far have been blind, it wasn't scary at all and I can definitely tell that I have had fills because I do have a small amount of restriction. The only reason I want to do a fill with flouro next time is to make sure that I haven't stretched my pouch out. The nurses at the place I go said that fills under flouro everytime isn't necessary as long as your port is easily findable, I know that contradicts with what OCC says but it is putting your body under X-Ray and you don't get any more of a fill from it. Anyways, good luck and hopefully with this next fill you get great restriction! and hopefully I will soon too!! smile.gif

Have a great weekend!! OH and have fun in Vegas too, I'm jealous!!

Hmmm, maybe I will just go with the blind fill, it would be easier. Good luck with your next fill :)

Oh yeah...I was banded in October and i still have gas. Luckily mine doesn't cause much bloating, but mine does come out both ends. Luckily (TMI) mine don't tend to smell, so I can just let it go pretty much wherever I am. :huh:

I think this is something we will have now for the rest of our lives. Before, I could never burp even if I tried and now I can let it rip with the best of them. I actually kind of like that. Before I would be miserable wishing I could burp so i'm actually seeing this as a positive.

Just a quirk of the band, but i'll take it! =D>

"Blind" Fill is such scary term that they use! It makes it seem like they are just going to jab a big fat needle into your belly and go poking around a bit! LOL! There were two ladies there to do my fills, one found my port and held it stable while the other numbed the area and then gave me the saline injection. It was so easy I don't even know why I was nervous! I HATE needles too and was very surprised at how easy it was! I think I was more scared getting my IV for surgery!

Anyways, good luck and do what is easiest for you and makes you feel the best! I probably will have a flouro fill next time just to put my own nerves at ease about my band since I never had a chance to do it in TJ :)

And in my opinion about the farting thing --- LET EM RIP GIRLS!!!!! haha!