Just banded .. and not feeling so hot :(

Hi everyone!

Well, i'm FINALLY back home in Toronto.

What a horrible journey back home. Flying was horrible, especially when it all added up to over 9 hours in the air.

My tummy was in pain, and I felt like I was going to throw up the entire time.

HORRIBLE.

Last night, we arrived back home around 2am.

I slept the ENTIRE night through, which was amazing.

Now, for my questions.

I feel sooo gassy :(

I can barely drink anything.

And I'm feeling very sick to my stomach - it was really bad again this morning.

I have to walk around, with my head up, to prevent dry gagging, which happens every time I take tums to help with the bubbling in my tummy.

:(

I'm assuming these 'feelings' will calm down as time goes by?

I just hate feeling so barfy, all the time. :(

I had my band surgery on Tuesday, which was great --

but I've been feeling quite barfy ever since.

Please tell me this is normal?

How long will this last?

How did YOU feel after being banded?

I'm assuming flying after the operation wasn't a wise idea for me -- I've always been sensitive in terms of my tummy!

Lindsay//

Good News, Your Normal!! :P

Yup I had all of that, It was a good week for me before I left normal with the gas pain and the upset stomach. As for the barfing feeling part, i really didn't have that. I found that if I didn't drink, i didn't feel good. keep trying to get the water in you! It could be that woozy dehydration feeling that is making you sick too?!

KEEP WALKING!!

Congrats and welcome to band land.... =D>

><'

Jenelle

Good News, Your Normal!! :P

Yup I had all of that, It was a good week for me before I left normal with the gas pain and the upset stomach. As for the barfing feeling part, i really didn't have that. I found that if I didn't drink, i didn't feel good. keep trying to get the water in you! It could be that woozy dehydration feeling that is making you sick too?!

KEEP WALKING!!

Congrats and welcome to band land.... =D>

><'

Jenelle

JENELLE!

Thank you so much for your reply.

I seriously thought something was wrong with me!

I do think it's dehydration that's making me feel so barfy - it's easier to just NOT to drink anything, than argue with gas!

I'm sipping tea right now, which isn't uncomfortable.

I just have to get past the first week, I guess :)

On my way back to the airport, I was talking to a sweetheart to had her surgery a day prior, and was talking about walking miles and miles the next day.

UGH! I've been feeling like poo!

I know when i walked for the first few days I couldn't go that far, it made me feel woozy. but walking around the block or even just in the house is good to get the gas moving! I found to that breathing was a issue for me, taking a deep breath was painful sometimes, That was because of all the swelling that's why you do the breathing test before the surgery!

One day at a time!

You've got to force moure fluid in you. You are feeling crappy because you are dehydrated. YOu should be constantly sipping something throughout the whole day. My nauseau went away once I got myself hydrated. Remember, you aren't eating anything, so you need EXTRA fluids. DRINK DRINK DRINK!! Or, should I say SIP SIP SIP and then I PROMISE you will feel better!

mona-chamille is RIGHT! You have to sip, sip as much as you can. I was feeling horrible after my surgery. I decided to call my doctor, and he said I should be drinking water, because I was de-hydrated. And I felt better! The gassy pains will take some time to go away.

In the meantime also try to walk, and get some rest. Hope you feel better soon. ><'

Hope you are feeling better! I agree with everyone that said dehydration - my guess is that is what it is. I was like you, it wasn't all rainbows and lollipops for me after surgery, I was a crabby hurting bitch! We tried to go to Revolution Ave like everyone talked about and I didn't last long b/c I was just in too much pain. Just remember everyone is different so don't worry if you are more sore than others say they were. It took me almost 3 weeks to really feel back to normal and about 2 to feel functionable. So don't worry you are doing fine!

Good luck and keep us up to date on how you are doing!!!

Hi honeybee's!

Just a quick update --- wow, what a difference 24 hours makes!

I am feeling soooo much better today.

Around yesterday at 4pm, all of a sudden all of that excess gas I had built up finally ... came out.

Gotta love the farts, eh?!

Thank god they're the non-stinky kind!

My boyfriend has already given me his tip of 'blaming the dogs' :lol:

This morning, I started on the drinkable yogurt, which was a wonderful taste.

I haven't had that stuff in so long!

I even made a trip to IKEA to pick up new SMALL dishes ;)

I am feeling 10000% better.

A little achy at the incisions, but most of the time, i forget it's an issue.

I've even caught myself itching without realizing - must mean I'm healing up well.

I made fresh chicken broth last night, which is amazing ... much better than the store bought sodium filled stuff from the store.

I just can't wait to feel completely better, so I can start back at the gym.

That's when the real changes will take place. :)

I THINK I'm feeling restricted while I eat.

It's such a weird feeling ... I can't remember ever feeling FULL to the point where I just walk away from food.

Is this not the oddest thing ever?!

I'm just excited to get things going ...

!!!

Thank you everyone for all of your words of support - I'm not sure what I'd do without you all.

xo.