Thinking of switching doctors

:)

I called Dr. Ortiz's office today to get some info. After Wednesday I just don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about having the surgery in San Francisco and I am seriously considering having my surgery at the OCC by Dr. Ortiz.

I'd think about another US doctor but I'm no longer eligible because of the weight I lost pre op.

lol

We'll see how it goes. It will be 6 to 8 weeks before my allergy doctor can let me know which med caused the reaction.

I had my surgery done by Dr. O almost a year ago and I highly recommend going there!! I'm so glad I had my surgery there and would do it again in a heartbeat. I'm not a fast loser like alot of people on the forum, but I lost 43lbs. so far total and have about 30 more to go. I got my third fill last month and except for a couple days, my restricitons been awesome.

You won't be disappointed! Best wishes, Darlene

Ditto! I would go back to Dr. O or have Dr. Martinez do it in a heartbeat! I can't even explain how great my experience was there and i'd recommend it to anyone! Good luck and let us know what you decide!

:)

I called Dr. Ortiz's office today to get some info. After Wednesday I just don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about having the surgery in San Francisco and I am seriously considering having my surgery at the OCC by Dr. Ortiz.

I'd think about another US doctor but I'm no longer eligible because of the weight I lost pre op.

lol

We'll see how it goes. It will be 6 to 8 weeks before my allergy doctor can let me know which med caused the reaction.

I would choose Dr. Oritiz & the OCC all over again! I tell everyone I know about him. The fact is, he has done more surgeries than anyone (that I know of). He is brilliant. Also, his surgeries are fast. Mine was 19 minutes and that included repairing a hiatel hernia. My friend was banded in the states and she said hers was 40 minutes (still short, but twice as long as Dr. O) and from the sound of her experience, it took her longer in recovery. I was shopping the next morning & I was the last one banded about 3pm. Anyway, set up a consultation or whatever you need to make you happy. Hands down, he is the best!

Robbyn--

I know if you went to Dr Ortiz that you wouldn't be sorry. Of course, nearly all of us here are partial because we love him and his super team. I surely don't think it could hurt to thoroughly check it out. They really care and will make sure you have an awesome experience.

Bummer on the 6-8 weeks to find out what went wrong with the medicine. I really feel for you. I know how excited we were to get this done, and to go through all of it to not get it sounds heart-breaking. Hang in there!

Diana

><'

Hi my name is Vicki,

I am a nurse in florida, and had my surgery done by dr Ortiz and it was wonderful. The staff was great and so was the Dr. all of my co-workers were concerned about going to mexico but it was great, as clean if not cleaner than here.

best of luck it is a huge decision to make.