I think I finally have the mind-set I was waiting for...

When I started this journey, almost 2 years ago since I started looking into lapbanding, I knew I had a big time problem with food. When I thought about losing weight I'd always get frustrated because of my love affair with food. I've lost and gained weight a thousand times over the years and ended up gaining it all back plus some extra pounds.

I read all the posts on this forum, [i just happened upon it] asked questions and got advice from alot of really sweet people.

I knew it would take something drastic for me to finally lose this weight and keep it off. I wasn't going to be one of those people who have all the will power and make up their minds that they're going to change the way they live their lives... it wasn't in me anymore, I'd kind of lost hope.

I read about the 'restriciton' that people felt with the band, that they could not over eat or they'd sick it back up. That's when I realized 'Oh my God, that's what I need!!' I don't remember who made the post, but it was some months ago, they said that food didn't have the same appeal anymore and that eating in general had become a pain in the ass.... that's where I'm at now! I get it, I understand!! It's not that I don't enjoy the food I'm eating because I really do, it's just that it's so much trouble to eat most foods and it's not worth trying, puking or hurting.

This is what I needed to happen to me to finally end my love affair with food, this worked for me. Nothing was going to keep me from losing and gaining over and over again except the band. The bands there, I'm certainly not getting rid of it and I will keep up with my fills so I stay 'tweeked'.

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but this was my ah-ha moment. I have the band, I'm working with the band and it may take awhile, but I lose this weight and I WON'T gain it back!!!

Instead of a love affair with food I'm having a love affair with my band!!! :heart: :give_heart:

I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this! I am getting close, but think I need one more fill to be where you are. I've heard of this mythical place known as restriction, but am not quite there yet. I get full much faster, but do not get that wow i'm full feeling and I use more willpower to make me stop. Next week i'm going to schedule one more small fill and I really think I will be there.

Congrats on your success! Your story I could have written myself we are just alike with our experience with weight. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling positive! Keep up the great work!

Thanks Ladies!! I'm still struggling with my restriction,,,, you know how that goes, but I'm finally getting the whole 'food' thing. It's been awhile since I've tried bread. I was one of those people who said I'd NEVER give up bread, I love it too much... I don't really miss it!! I made homemade vegetable beef soup today [OMG is it good!] and Hubby got a fresh loaf of italian bread and I never touched it! Normally I would have ate 1\2 the loaf myself!! My soup was so good and filling that I didn't even crave the bread. My weight hasn't changed for about 1 week, but I'm not gonna fret... it'll come off like it has been, slowly.

Thanks again everyone, I truly appreciate your kind words! :heart: Darlene