Blaming the Band--It may not be a Band issue

Ok. I am not even sure how to write this post. I was admitted to the hospital last tuesday with abdominal pain and throwing up blood. I was SURE it was problems with my band. I had had some less severe "tummy issues" a few weeks ago that I also thought had to do with the band. I have been unemployed (so cost was a problem/no insurance and no income to pay with), and my local doc that had been following up on my band is no longer seeing his Mexico patients (due to regulations at the hospital he is now affiliated with.) So I thought I just had to stick it out. I told myself...I was just not listening to my band enough...get with with the program...it will get better.

Recently, I had been having problems with puking more. Not fun, but not impossible with the band. I just better learn my limit right? You know the thought-- "a half a bite less would not have done this to me." I REALLY thought I was having issues with the band. I was wrong.

The docs at the er determined what was wrong and admitted me to the hospital. I was diagnosed with pancreatitis and gallstones. (The pancreatitis was caused by the gallbladder disease and gallstones.) My blood chemistries/enzymes were so messed up. They had to wait until they settled down before they could fix anything. This meant a delay of the gallbladder surgery until friday and huge doses of antibiotics. I was in a LOT of pain. (There are some great meds out there and I ended up getting them every 3 hours.) The only thing that really ended the pain was the surgery. The afternoon after the surgery (same day) I felt SO MUCH better.

I guess what I am saying is pay attention to your body and don't be too quick to blame the band. If I had not thought it was band issues for so long I could have saved myself a whole lot of pain and gotten the appropriate treatment so much (as in WEEKS) sooner. I am healing now and doing ok. Take care.

Elaine

Thank goodness you're alright!!! It's so easy to blame aches and pains on the band because it's a new thing in our bodies....

I'm so glad you realized that it had to be something more!!

You take care of yourself and keep us updated on your progress. ><' Darlene

My surgery was LAST Friday!...I am feeling SO MUCH better!

Elaine

((((((((((((((((Elaine)))))))))))))))))

Your gallbladder surgery is next Friday, correct? You'll be in our thoughts. Please let us know how everything goes.

xo

My surgery was LAST Friday!...I am feeling SO MUCH better!

Elaine

((((((((((((((((Elaine)))))))))))))))))

Your gallbladder surgery is next Friday, correct? You'll be in our thoughts. Please let us know how everything goes.

xo