Newbie Introduction!

Hello everyone! I wanted to introduce myself, as I am brand new to this board. My name is Angie!

Here is a little information about myself. I am 32 almost 33, birthday is on the 27th of this month! (March) :D

I am a mother, a wife, and full time employee.

I have a BMI of 42.2 :o

I am 5'6

What got me here is much the same as what brought you here I am sure. Eating but not feeling full anymore. Not being able to move well, bend over, play with my son, and participate in LIFE! I am in the process of saving for my lap-band surgery/new beginning!

I am looking forward to getting to know each of you!

Angie

WELCOME Angie! You are making the best decision for you. Please browse through the sections and view some posts and read up as much as you can. Researching is the best preparation for understanding the success you can have for your weight loss journey! Good luck and please post if you have any questions or concerns.

Welcome Angie!

I know exactly what you're feeling ... the anticipation was outrageous!! :)

I see you recently had a band anniversary! To cool. You look fabulous! Wanna arm wrestle! LOL JJ

I'd like to post a picture of me, when I figure it out!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

WELCOME Angie! You are making the best decision for you. Please browse through the sections and view some posts and read up as much as you can. Researching is the best preparation for understanding the success you can have for your weight loss journey! Good luck and please post if you have any questions or concerns.

Hi Jazzy Jude! Thanks for the welcome! I have spent some time this week reading posts. I am so glad this board is here. You look great! I'd like to get my hands on Dr. Ortiz's book, but they are sold out. Lap-Band for Life. Have you read it?

((((((((((((((((Angie)))))))))))))))))

Hugs. Welcome. I have not been banded yet. I'm new on these boards as well.

Hi Robbyn. I noticed you didn't get banded because of a reaction to the general anaesthesia... :( I bet that was a big bummer. Did you go under and wake up to be dissapointed or did you have a reaction before actually going under? What are your options now if you don't mind me asking?

Hello everyone! I wanted to introduce myself, as I am brand new to this board. My name is Angie!

Here is a little information about myself. I am 32 almost 33, birthday is on the 27th of this month! (March) :D

I am a mother, a wife, and full time employee.

I have a BMI of 42.2 :o

I am 5'6

What got me here is much the same as what brought you here I am sure. Eating but not feeling full anymore. Not being able to move well, bend over, play with my son, and participate in LIFE! I am in the process of saving for my lap-band surgery/new beginning!

I am looking forward to getting to know each of you!

Angie

WELCOME ANGIE :)

I'd like to get my hands on Dr. Ortiz's book, but they are sold out. Lap-Band for Life. Have you read it?

Hey Angie!!

We got Dr Ortiz's book from Amazon.com. It looks like they have at least one for you. His book is definitely geared toward the decision/pre-banded stage of this whole experience. Here is a link to Amazon: Amazon.com--Lap-band for Life, by Dr. Ariel Ortiz

You will find many friends on this forum. We're all rootin' for ya!!

Diana

Hi Robbyn. I noticed you didn't get banded because of a reaction to the general anaesthesia... :( I bet that was a big bummer. Did you go under and wake up to be dissapointed or did you have a reaction before actually going under? What are your options now if you don't mind me asking?

(((((((((((((((Angie))))))))))))))))

You are so sweet to ask. I was scheduled for surgery last week in Marin County (California). My doctor was San Francisco based. I walked into the OR, woke up with the tube still down my throat. They told me they "saved my life". My right eye was swollen shut. I went home looking like Rocky Balboa.

:(

I was so disapointed. Friday I saw an allergist who said it would be 6 weeks before he could test me on what caused the reaction but he had a likely suspect. I then called my doctor and gave his nurse a message the news. He didn't call me back but his nurse confirmed he'd be willing to give me a full refund.

Then I chatted with DanS on Facebook about the OCC and I called them. I spoke with the resp. doctor at the OCC and not only did he confirm what the allergist said, he told me exactly how we'll avoid the problem when I have the operation at the OCC.

I sent the OCC my deposit today and my surgery is scheduled for 5/22. My allergist will see me around 5/1 and he'll test me for the meds plus the OCC additions.

I am very pleased. I wish my doctor had done more to put me at ease. It took me awhile to get over how backwards it must look to cancel a surgery with a SF surgeon and have an operation out of the country but it feels right.

I just wish I didn't have to wait so long, but it's better to be safe.

You are so sweet to ask. I was scheduled for surgery last week in Marin County (California). My doctor was San Francisco based. I walked into the OR, woke up with the tube still down my throat. They told me they "saved my life". My right eye was swollen shut. I went home looking like Rocky Balboa.

I was so disapointed. Friday I saw an allergist who said it would be 6 weeks before he could test me on what caused the reaction but he had a likely suspect. I then called my doctor and gave his nurse a message the news. He didn't call me back but his nurse confirmed he'd be willing to give me a full refund.

Then I chatted with DanS on Facebook about the OCC and I called them. I spoke with the resp. doctor at the OCC and not only did he confirm what the allergist said, he told me exactly how we'll avoid the problem when I have the operation at the OCC.

I sent the OCC my deposit today and my surgery is scheduled for 5/22. My allergist will see me around 5/1 and he'll test me for the meds plus the OCC additions.

I am very pleased. I wish my doctor had done more to put me at ease. It took me awhile to get over how backwards it must look to cancel a surgery with a SF surgeon and have an operation out of the country but it feels right.

I just wish I didn't have to wait so long, but it's better to be safe.

I am so glad you are okay and ALIVE! :D That would have been a big shocker! I will be looking forward to hearing how it goes! Plus I will be sending waves of good energy your way! I added you on FB! Look forward to getting to know you better.

I have a while to wait. Just began saving for the procedure myself. Decided to join the board to set up a support system, and be empowered by those who have gone before me! My hubby has begun reading about the porcedure and has many concerns. He is supportive, but fearful. I have had 2 DVT's, deep vein thrombosis aka blood clot. The last clot was found because I had a PE, pulminary embolism. It landed me in the ICU and nearly took my life. It was a big scare for him. Not to mention my Aunt passed a way 2 days after having weight loss surgery, this past December. Which was a major blow to our family. My entire family is pretty spooked. I will have a lot of family who try to talk me out of this. I feel it is right for me. So I press on. Anyway, as you can see I have the gift of gabb, so feel free to chat with me anytime!

:P

I am so glad you are okay and ALIVE! :D That would have been a big shocker! I will be looking forward to hearing how it goes! Plus I will be sending waves of good energy your way! I added you on FB! Look forward to getting to know you better.

I have a while to wait. Just began saving for the procedure myself. Decided to join the board to set up a support system, and be empowered by those who have gone before me! My hubby has begun reading about the porcedure and has many concerns. He is supportive, but fearful. I have had 2 DVT's, deep vein thrombosis aka blood clot. The last clot was found because I had a PE, pulminary embolism. It landed me in the ICU and nearly took my life. It was a big scare for him. Not to mention my Aunt passed a way 2 days after having weight loss surgery, this past December. Which was a major blow to our family. My entire family is pretty spooked. I will have a lot of family who try to talk me out of this. I feel it is right for me. So I press on. Anyway, as you can see I have the gift of gabb, so feel free to chat with me anytime!

:P

IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING ANGIE, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR AUNT?

Welcome!!!!! I understand what you are going through. I booked in July and wasn't banded until October b/c that was the first time I could take that much time off work. It will come before you know it!!!

Take tons of time to read through old posts and if you have other questions let us know. Take care!!!

Welcome!!!!! I understand what you are going through. I booked in July and wasn't banded until October b/c that was the first time I could take that much time off work. It will come before you know it!!!

Take tons of time to read through old posts and if you have other questions let us know. Take care!!!

Hi Shelby! Realitively speaking, you don't live far from me. :-h I noticed you had your fills done in KC, MO. Did your Dr. use a a floriscope to do them? If you don't mind me asking, how expensive where your fills? I understand that when you have the procedure done with Dr. Ortiz fills are covered for life, the florescope is 100 bucks. That would be great if we/I lived in CA or somewhere a bit closer. Just curious to see what your reasons are for not going back for fills.

You look great! I am so ready to have this procedure done. If I could and feel good about the amount going out, I would do it today. Unfortunatly, I have to have a few months to save. I ordered the book "banded for life", so I am planning on reading it as soon as I can get my hands on it! LOL I do hope you are right about the time flying by quickly. Once I have made up my mind, I am all about action!

After your surgery what was the pain level like? I have a 15 month old who is a momma's boy. So I am curious how long it will take me to be able to lift him. Any info will be appreciated!

Take care and Rock Chalk JayHawk!

Angie

Hey there! Just sent you a message with a bunch of info in it!!!! :)

just wish I didn't have to wait so long, but it's better to be safe.

HELLO!

I am new to this Forum...just made an appt today to get banned in 2 weeks! ROBBYNNOEL... I am just North of you, in Santa Rosa! I read your info...scary situation you went through... that is one of my fears, having some type of complication in Mexico.

Any PRE-OP diet info anyone can give would be great.... Thanks!

~~~