I am having an EGD done tomorrow Does it HURT??????

Hi guys I am having an EGD done tomorrow make sure my stomach is going to be good for the Lap band i'm sure most have had this done. DOES it HURT??? I just want to know what to expect thanks everyone

Sounds like someone is taking advantage of you, unless you have a previous medical condition that might prevent you from having surgery??? I dont think any of Dr. O's patients have gotten this test.

Hi guys I am having an EGD done tomorrow make sure my stomach is going to be good for the Lap band i'm sure most have had this done. DOES it HURT??? I just want to know what to expect thanks everyone

The EGD is a scope/light that they put down your throat to see what is going on in there. I only know this much because i am scheduled to have one on Wed. to see if my band has eroded into my stomach. I only know that little bit about it. Plan to research more tonight. My Dr. told me I needed to have a driver for procedure since they will sedate me for it. Be prepared for that at least. Best of luck to you.

EGD is a very simple proceedure. From my experience (being a nurse) they will start and IV and give you some medicine to sedate you, maybe some for pain and usually a medication that makes you not remember anything (that's the good stuff :)) It is fairly quick and is used (like you said) to look down your espophagus to see what's going on. We see it lots with people who might have ulcers or other reflux/stomach probs. It is quick and painless (except the IV) and the drugs work well. Good Luck!