Fill Centre USA - my recent correspondence with them

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd share my recent correspondence with the Fill Centre USA.

I already have my first fill appointment booked in Tijuana on April 21st, but after further investigation, the thought of saying closer to home, sounds far more appealing. Not to mention, at such a lower cost.

My main concern was getting my first fill via fluoro. I emailed Fill Centre USA, to see if this option was even avail as I couldn't find anything on there website about it.

This is the reply I just received:

Thank you for your interest in our aftercare program. Just so you know, the emails all come to us here at the main office. This is where we do all of the scheduling for any location in our network.

The pricing for any provider in our network is $349 for the initial visit, which does include the first fill. The follow up visits are $165 for a visit with an adjustment and $85 for a visit without an adjustment.

The price for the annual program is $1372. This includes 4 visits with adjustments and 8 office consultations. You do have the option of trading in 2 office consultations for 1 fill visit up to two times within this year. This would give you a total of 6 adjustments.

Fluoroscopy is not available at the Troy, MI location. The closest location with fluoro would most likely be in Mt Laurel New Jersey. The additional cost for the fluoro through that location is $275. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

It seems like such a perfect option, for me, as I was NOT looking to the long trip back to Mexico, including the inflated cost of flying at the moment from Toronto.

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Including this specific centre?

Or feedback on the centre's themselves?

I'm just concerned that they'll screw up somehow, and because this is my first fill, I wouldn't know.

If you look around the website (fill centers) you will see that Dr. Ortiz is a founding member of Fill Centers USA. Thats why the OCC reccomends them on their website. I am getting all of my adjustments at the GA location and I love it so far. I pay the fee for the Xray and everything has went great. The first visit is the most expensive, after that it gets cheaper.

I was going to use Fills Centers, but I did a lot of internet research and made a lot of phone calls and I was able to locate a bariatric surgeon 1.5 hrs. from my home that does my fills for $100. I just feel more comfortable knowing that I am being seen by a physician. Most people really like the Fills Centers. I just thought their prices were a bit steep and I am so glad I checked around. I went back to the OCC for my first fill.

Kimberly

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd share my recent correspondence with the Fill Centre USA.

I already have my first fill appointment booked in Tijuana on April 21st, but after further investigation, the thought of saying closer to home, sounds far more appealing. Not to mention, at such a lower cost.

My main concern was getting my first fill via fluoro. I emailed Fill Centre USA, to see if this option was even avail as I couldn't find anything on there website about it.

This is the reply I just received:

It seems like such a perfect option, for me, as I was NOT looking to the long trip back to Mexico, including the inflated cost of flying at the moment from Toronto.

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Including this specific centre?

Or feedback on the centre's themselves?

I'm just concerned that they'll screw up somehow, and because this is my first fill, I wouldn't know.

I have yet to be "banded" however, I have been checking into a closer option as well. I found a physician right up the way from me who performs the lab band surgery. I am planning on scheduling an apt for an initial consiltation before I leave to get my lap band.

The 1st apt will cost $250. After that,it will be $100 a visit. Which is significantly more affordable for me, and in the same city! No travel, no time off work!

Have you checked into doctors in your area? This was a total score for me!

Looking forward to see what you get figured out!

Angie

Angie

yeah, unfort because i live right downtown here in toronto, options are very limited -

they don't want 'outside' clients.

they really only cater to there own, and they make that obvious ----

they charge between $1200-1500 PER FILL!

Driving to NJ is what I've decided to do.

It's sooo much cheaper, and a bit of a road trip will be fun. Maybe?! :rolleyes:

I have yet to be "banded" however, I have been checking into a closer option as well. I found a physician right up the way from me who performs the lab band surgery. I am planning on scheduling an apt for an initial consiltation before I leave to get my lap band.

The 1st apt will cost $250. After that,it will be $100 a visit. Which is significantly more affordable for me, and in the same city! No travel, no time off work!

Angie

LOOKING INTO AFTERCARE BEFORE HAND, VERY SMART :)

JUST MAKE SURE, BEFORE YOUR CONSULTATION, THAT THE DR KNOWS YOU'RE BEING BANDED IN MX

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU

yeah, unfort because i live right downtown here in toronto, options are very limited -

It's sooo much cheaper, and a bit of a road trip will be fun. Maybe?! :rolleyes:

Check into New York University and Dr. Ren. MUCH MUCH cheaper and they do Mexican patients. And it would be a little closer.

That sounds like a great plan. I enjoy road trips, and think you will too! Escpecially given the fact that it will save you a large amount of money, time, and level of comfort!

Let us know what you think about your expierence!

Just a little info re: another option for fills. I received info on the forum re: Dr Ren @ NYU. I was told that they do care for Dr. Ortiz pts. Here is the link http://thinforlife.med.nyu.edu/aboutus/surgeons/ren.html I was quoted $495. for initial consult then $100. for f/u including fills. I have spoken with this office to confirm the info feel free to contact them. ;)

LOOKING INTO AFTERCARE BEFORE HAND, VERY SMART :)

JUST MAKE SURE, BEFORE YOUR CONSULTATION, THAT THE DR KNOWS YOU'RE BEING BANDED IN MX

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU

I have been doing my research, so to speak as to what steps I need to take to make a smooth transition. I have found a great Dr., who is 4 blocks away from my work! Does that ROCK or what!!! Her patients sing her praise and she does take on patients from Mexico. That was one of my first questions. Talking with Shelby helped me to understand what I needed to find out!

I feel blessed! I will be saving time and money. Not to forget, having a safty net if something doesn't go 100% perfect.

Check into New York University and Dr. Ren. MUCH MUCH cheaper and they do Mexican patients. And it would be a little closer.

OMG>

thank you soo much for this lead.

I just called there client, and i'm faxing over my paperwork now.

it was sooooooo much cheaper, holy cow.

i think what really did it, was i got a call from fill center's this morn, asking me for my credit card info - they wanted to bill me BEFORE i even arrived.

ERRR, so i'm paying for something i'm not even sure if I want to do? i haven't even met the doctors.

they said the dr wouldn't see me if i didn't prepay!!

screw that!

talk about putting a really bad taste in my mouth.