Banded on March 27, 2009

Hello, everyone!! I was banded on March 27th, 2009. I feel GREAT!! I have lost 11lbs to date and I feel very good. This is the best decision I have ever made. This is not only a life changing experience for me but my entire family. My husband and I are going to share meals if we go out to eat. And, my son told me the other day that he thinks that I am some sort of expert on food since I have had the surgery. Reason being, is when he eats I am telling him to chew his food and eat slow. I thought it was funny. I have never been an expert on anything related to eating or food. :lol:

If there is anybody out there that is still researching that this is the right thing to do....I can assure you that you will be very happy. The thought of never needing to diet again is a huge load off my shoulders. I do need to admit that I was a little scared to go into Mexico but once there felt very secure. We went down to the beach the day after surgery and walked and shopped. It was great. The Marriot Hotel was great too!! I honestly have nothing negative to say about the whole experience.

Thanks to everyone that post things on here. I read so many before and after being banded. You have all helped my and answered some questions that I have had.

Hey!! Congrats and welcome to Bandland!!

Glad it went well and hope you have a great journey - you own it now - make it fun!!

And 11 pounds is awesome in that time frame - you're kicken butte!

Best,

Lisa

Thanks Lisa!! I read your blogs and am inspired by you. I love all of your ideas. I will be signing myself up for a fun run in our town April 25th. I am excited for it!!

Thanks,

Bev B)

hi i was also banded on march 27th . and i did have a good time with everyone while i was there. the staff the surgery even the other patients were great. i have lost 14 lbs sense the surgery. i pray that this and my will 2 do good will be the answer i have been loking for in changing myself and my life.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, everyone!! I was banded on March 27th, 2009. I feel GREAT!! I have lost 11lbs to date and I feel very good. This is the best decision I have ever made. This is not only a life changing experience for me but my entire family. My husband and I are going to share meals if we go out to eat. And, my son told me the other day that he thinks that I am some sort of expert on food since I have had the surgery. Reason being, is when he eats I am telling him to chew his food and eat slow. I thought it was funny. I have never been an expert on anything related to eating or food. :lol:

If there is anybody out there that is still researching that this is the right thing to do....I can assure you that you will be very happy. The thought of never needing to diet again is a huge load off my shoulders. I do need to admit that I was a little scared to go into Mexico but once there felt very secure. We went down to the beach the day after surgery and walked and shopped. It was great. The Marriot Hotel was great too!! I honestly have nothing negative to say about the whole experience.

Thanks to everyone that post things on here. I read so many before and after being banded. You have all helped my and answered some questions that I have had.

Hi, thank you for your blog. I am going to be banded Monday, April 27. I know it is the right thing to do and reading all the blogs really helped me to feel mor sure than I was. I am so excited . . . I can not wait until Monday.

Thank you,

GinnyM :rolleyes::D

• 3 weeks later...