The weirdness of the mysterious band...

Hello All-- Hope you are having a good Tuesday.

So, I've mentioned on here that I still harbor a sugar addiction that I'm constantly battling almost 8 months after surgery. Chocolate is my downfall. Needless to say, all of a sudden after losing practically nothing in the months following surgery my body is starting to shed the fat. I had my third fill in February and have a total of 3cc's in my 4cc band, but it wasn't until I got on the scale this morning I realized that I've lost almost 10 pounds and those have just come off in less than a month. How is this possible? Was I on a plateau for all those months? All I know is I feel pretty good and I haven't been 212 since junior high. Is it true? Maybe I'm not destined to weigh 200+ pounds forever. Maybe I won't be the "fat friend" in a year...interesting.

I love to hear that when we stop thinking about losing the weight it just comes off! What an insperation you are to me!

Thank you for you post and keep up the great work!

Jenelle

I don't know if I'm the inspirational type as I am sure that if I was able to cut the sugar out of my diet, I might have been down 50 lbs. by now--I am just happy that it's coming off and I don't have to completely give up chocolate. It's funny--I can't eat pretty much any carb except maybe once a week and I was okay giving up my bread addiction, but the chocolate is a lot harder.

And it's true--once I had great restriction and stopped obsessing about every single thing I put in my mouth or how many calories I was burning on the elliptical--the weight just started dropping on its own accord.

Hmmm, I thought the chocolate was calling my name, Andrea, when I walk by. Maybe I have been mistaken and it is actually calling your name, Angela. Heck, if my mom gets confused and calls me Angela after she has been talking to my aunt I guess it is possible that the chocolate has been getting you and I mixed up as well. Thanks for clearing this up for me and I will be sure to keep walking tomorrow when I hear my name being called because I am sure it is just the chocolate getting us confused. :lol:

Angela, I swear the same thing will happen to me..... I will plateau, plateau and then BAM loose a bunch of weight. I sometimes think it is just our bodies trying to catch up. Sounds like you are doing a great job!!! Keep it up! :D

Glad the weight is starting to come off! I'm one of those wierdos that could not eat candy and be just fine, but my weakness is cheese! I've been trying to go low dairy, but am failing miserably. We all have our vices I guess! :)

My body seems to go through phases. I never seem to lose weight and inches at the same time. It's always one or the other. Like right now, the weight isn't coming off too fast, but the clothes are fitting looser and folks are noticing the loss more. As long as there is progress i'll take it. Just no plateaus!!!

Great job!

Angela, I swear the same thing will happen to me..... I will plateau, plateau and then BAM loose a bunch of weight. I sometimes think it is just our bodies trying to catch up. Sounds like you are doing a great job!!! Keep it up! :D

Thank you for giving me the info on Joan. I really enjoy her. Going to her for my second time for my third fill. :-h