i over ate, pain below lower left rib, what to do now?!!

hi....

i had my surgery almost 4 months ago, i just had a party! over ate ....probably the most i did since the surgery! i have pain 5-6 out of ten esp. on movement ....what should i do now?! i tried to throw up but its not working! would the water help fasten the food movement??

thanks

hi....

i had my surgery almost 4 months ago, i just had a party! over ate ....probably the most i did since the surgery! i have pain 5-6 out of ten esp. on movement ....what should i do now?! i tried to throw up but its not working! would the water help fasten the food movement??

thanks

I hope you are feeling better, I know this is the next morning. :( I did that before, drinking really doesn't help. The food has to leave your pouch and one of the reasons we don't drink is because it sometimes wont go through the food, it pushes it way back up. Mostly likely you would only PB your drink. (it happened to me). I tried drinking, it just makes sense that it would help things go down. Not always the case with your lapband. So, stay away from liquids right after you eat. What I did when I felt that pain is get my heating pad and sit there before going to bed. Let us know how you are doing!

I hope you are feeling better, I know this is the next morning. :( I did that before, drinking really doesn't help. The food has to leave your pouch and one of the reasons we don't drink is because it sometimes wont go through the food, it pushes it way back up. Mostly likely you would only PB your drink. (it happened to me). I tried drinking, it just makes sense that it would help things go down. Not always the case with your lapband. So, stay away from liquids right after you eat. What I did when I felt that pain is get my heating pad and sit there before going to bed. Let us know how you are doing!

hi dana....

u are 100% right! i did try to push it down with water and ended up vomiting just the water, was too late for the food.....it took like 4-6 hours in pain....i guess i was celebrating that i lost 65 pound which never happened to me before (at least since high school weight!!)....anyway....i didn`t eat or drink anything the rest of the day yesterday....i didn`t do the heat though ....i have no intention whatsoever to go through that same pain again ever!!! at least i got my lesson....we all do....don`t we! lol

thanks for the reply dana

p.s: this site is slowing down a bit that before.....i also couldn`t find the IM feature it used to have at the top ...weird!