After the first fill question

My daughter was banded on 3-09 and had her first fill at OCC on Friday (1.6 CC). Today she returned to eating solids after the required 3 days of liquids. She is depressed because she says she feels nothing...no restriction, no fullness, just normal! The fill doctor (I dont know which doctor it was, but young and dreamy of course!) said it could take 2 or 3 weeks to feel any restriction. Ive never heard that before...anyone have any experience with this wait? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

My daughter was banded on 3-09 and had her first fill at OCC on Friday (1.6 CC). Today she returned to eating solids after the required 3 days of liquids. She is depressed because she says she feels nothing...no restriction, no fullness, just normal! The fill doctor (I dont know which doctor it was, but young and dreamy of course!) said it could take 2 or 3 weeks to feel any restriction. Ive never heard that before...anyone have any experience with this wait? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Most people don't feel restriction with their first fill--I had 2.0cc's in a 4cc band and I felt nothing and could eat like I always did pre-band. I went back 4 weeks later for a second fill for a total of 2.8cc's. It was only when I had my second fill that I felt restriction and I knew what everyone was talking about. My second fill lasted about 3 months and then I had .2 added in Feb. for a total of 3cc's and I have super restriction now, sometimes too much depending on time of month.

Angela is right. It's totally normal to have no restriction with first fill. Most people don't get restriction until the second fill and some take even more. All our bodies are different. It took 3 fills for me, 3cc's in a 4 cc band.

Sabrina:)

I just got my first fill on Saturday. My first experience with food was early this morning. I scrambled two eggs and could only get down two bites. I had to through the rest away because it felt like it was stuck. After about 20 minutes I drank a large Java City coffee and that went down fine. I just now ate a breakfast bar and didn't have any problem with that going down. I think it depends on the time of day. I now know that I can not eat first thing in the morning. I need to drink something hot first to losen up my band. Since this is her first fill and first experience eating I would wait a week to see how she fills and if her band tightens up during the day.

On Saturday after my fill until this morning I didn't feel any restriction either. I was able to drink soups and protien shakes and I actually felt hungry. It wasn't until this morning that things changed.

I had my first fill like 4 weeks ago, and I have no restriction yet. I have been told that for some it takes 2-3 fills before they have restriction. Tell her to hang on, because I am having the same doubts, but I know several people that started out like this, and after 6 months they are doing good, and are losing all the weight.

I had my first fill like 4 weeks ago, and I have no restriction yet. I have been told that for some it takes 2-3 fills before they have restriction. Tell her to hang on, because I am having the same doubts, but I know several people that started out like this, and after 6 months they are doing good, and are losing all the weight.

Your first fill is like a 'primer' for your body to accept the tightness of the band...again. Both my 1st and 1nd fill, I didn't feel restriction until a week later. With my first fill, I booked another fill 4 weeks later and then my second fill was a good one for about 3 months and my 3rd fill is my 'sweet spot' right now.

So, tell her to hang on, it's only been a lttle over a month since she's been banded. It takes time and patience. Keep busy to help pass the time and DON'T focus too hard on the food. Live and let live right now and do lots of walking. Get an iPod and do some walkabouts. Get into some hobbies to focus on some good things in life. Life goes on, food or no food, still have other things in life to explore.

All the best...Jazzy!!