5 day pouch diet

5-day pouch diet

I keep forgetting to check the forum for an answer to a question. This time I decided to use it as a topic so that it won't get lost in the other subjects.

I have heard it mentioned twice this last week. Please let me know if you would.

Thanks, Anne

Way to go Pammie! This is exactly the one I am doing. PLEASE view/read these sites Pammie provided, as there's a lot of info worth reading, such as more detailed info, hints and tips that will make the diet a success for you!

**ALSO...some GREAT recipes to try!!

This is what I am going to do on Monday...just GOTTA have my b'day cake tomorrow first(smile)!! In a nut shell, this is the 5-day diet:

Days 1 & 2: Liquid Protein ~ low-carb protein shakes, broth, clear or cream soups, sugar-free gelatin and pudding

Day 3: Soft Protein ~ canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy

Day 4: Firm Protein ~ ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut

Day 5: Solid Protein ~ white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game

I hear others use this as a 'jumpstart' and I just may do this when I've hit a plateau.

Good Luck all...Jazzy!!

I did the one Jazz mentioned last week and it worked well. I lost 4lbs in 4 days! I did gain one back once I was done with the 5 days, but have since lost it. Maybe it's just coincidence, but since doing it I feel more restriction and can't eat as much. Perhaps I had stretched my band a bit and it helped. Definitely got me back on track and watching more what is going in my mouth.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the feed back. I appreciate all of you. By the way JHawk you look wonderful!

Thank you very much for the feed back. I appreciate all of you. By the way JHawk you look wonderful!

Thanks so much!! :)

I just read over the recipes and I doubt I'd be able to eat a lot of the foods listed for days 4 and 5....confirming my suspicions that I'm probably going to need an unfill very soon. The soups sound wonderful but those hard proteins freak me out. I'm going to give it a try anyway! I need two days of liquids to get this heartburn and pb'ing in check anyway. It would be nice if this 5 day plan finally got me under 200 too! 200.5 today............SO close!!!

Sabrina:)