PLEASE HELP ME!!

Hey Gang it has been sometime since I have been here. I feel soooo good, HOWEVER have been at a 70# (loss) standstill for close to three months now. I really want to continue with my weight loss journey, but feel no matter what I do nothing seems to help. I am even wondering HOW I ever got the 70 lbs off in the first place... My mind is playing a screwy game with me. Can anyone reccomend a sure fire diet that will help give me a little push down the weight loss journey? I am so stuck it is crazy.I am going nuts. Thanks for listening.... Xo Lisa =) :((

I guess I should clerify my entry. I had been banded in July of 2008 and have lost 70 lbs since. I did it with dilligent diet and excersize, but I have been stuck. My last fill was mid Jan/09. My Husband forbids me to go to Mexico right now. I guess I'm just looking for some positive feed back and someone to tell me it's ok!! I have been doing Pilates and plan to start dancing, you know dancing with the the stars type work out. I am excited for that, hope it comes soon. I really want to lose 30 more pounds. I had been at this weight prior in my life and am wondering if my body is hanging on for that reason? I have heard that before. Ok happy thoughts to all!! Thanks XO Lisa :huh:

Hi Lisa,

Be ENCOURAGED! You have come so far! WOW! I know how you feel though. It's like, I've come this far and want to finish the race. But, I agree with Smiley that it is a slow and steady race. I only have three suggestions and sorry if you've already thought of these....

1. re-read dr. ortiz's book. It helps me when I start to plateau and then I can re-focus on the rules and get back on track. There are lots of good lap band books out there. I read a great one written my Muhammad Ali's daughter who was banded.

2. Protein (broken record, I know...) but the last time I plateaued, I added an A.M. protein drink and it worked like a charm.

3. I keep hearing lots about the "5 day pouch diet/test". It has really seemed to help lots of people. Might be worth a shot.

Hang in there. You really are doing great. :D:D

I totally agree with what everyone said, and dancing is what always kicked it up for me. I think worrying about it makes it worse – sometimes you just have to let go, focus on the program, and just have some fun. Then it all seems to come together.

Good luck, and know they never last forever and a few months is a very short time. I think I’d be interested to know how many inches you've lost during that time. You can gain muscle mass and lose fat, be smaller but weigh more. Its annoying until you look at the whole picture, you are improving your body in so many different ways right now!

Congrats on your success and know there’s more to come! Be confidant and happy with that – good things are coming your way!

Lisa

I am not trying to make light of your plateau by any means, because goodness knows I have been there - praying before I stepped on the scale that it had gone down. But, it just hit me how our mindset changes after being banded. A few years ago I would have been ecstatic to step on the scale for months at a time and see that it had not moved, because at that time I was going up up up. But now, with the goal to be going down down down, it is discouraging to not see the scale moving.

Have faith, we have all been there, and you will be going down before you know it.

OHHHH Thanks you guys,, I needed your words of acceptance I think. Sometime just having cheering section HELPS SO MUCH!! I am getting up early tomorrow, I got my jogging stroller a tune up and new tires, got new walking shoes.. So off my little girl (3YO) and I will go!! I am excited though I bought a swim suit before got banded and put it on for the first time today with a few helping tugs from my husband, but it fit for the most part. I felt so good. I usually wear a big tank top over my suit, but not today. I got on my surf board and paddled out. Didn't surf but paddled none the less. I am definatly not the beach bunny I was back in the day that is for sure, but I am on my way to getting better!! What a GREAT Mother's Day I had. My older children (16/19 YO) made dinner, got me gifts and spent time as a family!! I FEEL GREAT!! Thanx again you guys!! I appreciate the kind words!! XOXO Lisa :P:P

Ok I got out and walked today. IT SUCKED!!!! I live in a very rural, very steep hilly area. Almost like San Francisco type hills I walked about a mile. I wished I could find a place a little more flat, but I know it will get easier everyday I do it. RIGHT? :wub: I feel motivated. Thanks for you support you guys!! XO Lisa

I have read that the liquid post op diet is the biggest kicker to getting us off the plateau.

PRE OP diet- one week before LAPBAND Surgery- IM so excited!

Breakfast- Veggie Soup Broth

Snack- 1/2 Peanut butter Sandwhich, 1/2 gram cracker

Lunch- Veggie Soup - onions, garlic, carrots, celery, parsley- salt & Pepper

boiled and blended-

Snack- Peach & Banana Smoothy

Dinner- Veggie Soup - onions, garlic, carrots, celery, parsley- salt & Pepper

boiled and blended-

I noticed food is starting to run right thru me. Has anyone else noticed this on the pre op?

yep, feeling head hungery. Tummy grumbly, But I know it is worth it.

maybe this will help kick your body into gear.

I remember those CA hills. About a year ago we rented a beach front house in Carmel. I decided to walk from the house to downtown Carmel, which was up hill all of the way. I finally started zig zagging the streets so that I could catch my breath on the flat parts. My doctor told me I needed to keep my heartbeat up for 30 minutes of exercise. Well, let me tell you, it was up for much more than 30 minutes. Not only was it up while I was going up those hills, it took at least another 30 minutes for it to calm down once I got to the shops in downtown Carmel and started browsing. I only did that one time while we were there, of course I was only 5 weeks post op at that time and had only lost about 15 pounds.

Glad to hear that you have turned over a new leaf and that you have gotten back on the exercise bus. Before you know it you will be running those hills like Rocky ran the steps in the movie.

I know right?? Those hills are aweful and every house had at least 3 barking dogs, not to mention the roosters crowing...lol.. I am very excited my Dancing Video's (Core Rhythms) came today, so I am going to do those first thing in the morning. I can't wait!! I am so greatful for all your wonderful encouragement!! Thanx again XOXO Lisa :D