Banded today 5/7/09

Hi all.. I came down last nite and did preop work and just had surgery today. Ive been out for about an hour now and everything is as good as you hear...fantastic. The staff and Dr Ortiz and all the teaching that they do do baby that band. I plan to stay tonight and go home tomorrow since i live local. Will check in later gotta go drink some juice.

~laura

Hi all.. I came down last nite and did preop work and just had surgery today. Ive been out for about an hour now and everything is as good as you hear...fantastic. The staff and Dr Ortiz and all the teaching that they do do baby that band. I plan to stay tonight and go home tomorrow since i live local. Will check in later gotta go drink some juice.

~laura

Congratulations from a fellow RN and welcome to band land!

~S~

~laura

WELCOME to Bandland Laura! Remember to sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk! With your background, you are ahead of most. Keep us posted on your progress and enjoy this amazing ride of your life! Jazzy!!

Congrats! I am so glad that everything went well! Take care and don't push yourself too hard. Take it easy and rest up.

Can't wait to hear about your progress!

~laura

How awesome, and congradulations! I am excited for you!

(((((((((IrishRN))))))))))

Congratulations on getting banded. I'm amazed and happy that an hour after the surgery you're feeling wonderful and able to drink juice.

Hugs to you and I can't wait to join you in bandland.

Thanks everyone! I'm finally home now. Getting across the board was very easy. The first day we were there it was very quiet in town with everything shut down but by the time I left today... it was very busy. People seemed really happy too. I had a great experience in the city and at the Lucerna... which has Starbucks across the street.... I had a vanilla latte the day before surgery! yum. So far so good though.. sipping on some broth and watching the Lakers own the Rockets!

(((((((((((((((((((IrishRN))))))))))))))))))

It's wonderful to hear you are doing well!

Awwe thanks! I'm amazed that I'm not hungry.. but I'm sure I will be.. lookin forward to chew chew chew after all this liquid is done. Dr Ortiz said just the mere fact that the band is there gives some restriction for a little time.

So I wanted to explain the symptoms I'm having. I figured I'm just getting used to the band and being 2 days post op. I woke up feeling a little tightness every once in a while that comes and goes. Same place where the band is. I'm drinking a little coffee to warm it up and it seems to be helping. Anyone experience this post op?

btw... the coffee is definately helping!

Congratulations! I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and feeling great! I have less than 2 weeks til my surgery and I hope it goes as well!

Thanks Deanna..... I love reading the progress of others so good luck and keep us posted!! You're gonna do great!