Did your personality change while on the Pre-Op?

(((((((((((((((Hugs Everyone))))))))))))))

Just wanted to ask if I'm the only one who gets like this. My personality drastically changes if I'm following a food plan. I am far more sensitive about stuff and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this how long it lasts or how they change back to the person their family knows and loves on a daily basis.

:)

Just wanted to ask if I'm the only one who gets like this. My personality drastically changes if I'm following a food plan. I am far more sensitive about stuff and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this how long it lasts or how they change back to the person their family knows and loves on a daily basis.

Hell Ya! I was a B.I.T.C.H. while on the pre-op 'cause I was hungry!

Super grumpy here too!!! I was even worse during my 21-day liquid diet. I remember cursing at work one day and a co-worker said, "Oh my, I've never heard you swear.....it's like hearing Santa swear!" I'm usually very bubbly. Prepare the friends and family and hopefully they'll be more patient.

Sabrina:)

Hmm...I was totally the opposite! Interesting...but then I wanted the band sooooo bad. I already had a 'mindset' and knew I was in for a big surprised. I had very little negativity before and after surgery. I believed the band was going to work and I worked it. I am always challenging myself, so there's no room for negative issues and if there were, I squash it quickly! I always am prepared and have a "plan B" for JUST in case, and I've had a few of them...and I move on.

Keep the faith going and always keep going forward...you will get to your small mini goals, one step at a time...Jazzy!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for your posts. I've noticed I'm much more emotional and even though I'm typically an even keel person, I'm more snippy at home.

I watched the Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood on TV today and I cried for the last hour of the movie. I think part of the problem is the anxiety I have from the last attempt (not at the OCC) turning into a fiasco, plus my cooking show (ironic?) starts filming on Tuesday (in my kitchen) so that has me a little off balance too. We're going to try to shoot 3 episodes before I leave for Mexico so I can take a month off.

I GOT REAL SNIPPY AFTER BEING BANDED, NO FOOD, STOPPED SMOKING

I HAD A FRIEND IM ME AND SAY "PAM, I THINK SOMEONE NEEDS A GOOD STEAK DINNER AND A SMOKE. ARE YOU THINKING THE SAME PERSON I AM?" I JUST CRACKED UP LOL

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for your posts. I've noticed I'm much more emotional and even though I'm typically an even keel person, I'm more snippy at home.

I watched the Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood on TV today and I cried for the last hour of the movie. I think part of the problem is the anxiety I have from the last attempt (not at the OCC) turning into a fiasco, plus my cooking show (ironic?) starts filming on Tuesday (in my kitchen) so that has me a little off balance too. We're going to try to shoot 3 episodes before I leave for Mexico so I can take a month off.

That is soo cool! WHat is the name of the show. Maybe I can watch it on the food network! :)

I think I was just the opposite. I had gotten so out of control with food, that once we made the decision to get the lap-band, the pre-op seemed like a welcome relief. It was a set of rules, simple enough to understand, and if I didn't do it and lose what they asked me to, I might not get the surgery. I know it sounds crazy--but I had become a bit of a basket case wonderinng where it would all stop with my weight gain. I was almost happy to have a "plan" I had to follow.

I think I was just the opposite. I had gotten so out of control with food, that once we made the decision to get the lap-band, the pre-op seemed like a welcome relief. It was a set of rules, simple enough to understand, and if I didn't do it and lose what they asked me to, I might not get the surgery. I know it sounds crazy--but I had become a bit of a basket case wonderinng where it would all stop with my weight gain. I was almost happy to have a "plan" I had to follow.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Tootsie Lou))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs and Happy Mother's Day! You have brought up a good point. For me every once in awhile someone post something or I read something or hear something that really clicks with me, and your post did that. It brought back a memory I have of being told that if someone gets control over their daily eating (follows a road map...like the pre op diet) it has them not just in control of their food in take but it also makes them feel as if they are in control of every component of their life. And who wouldn't want that?

Thank you for that reminder!

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little crabby to say the least on the pre-op. This post-op diet is a little different though. I am pure evil!!! :angry: I think it's the combination of the pains (hunger, incision, left shoulder etc) and the lack of calories. I have little energy but if someone irritates me I go from sleepy to raging hosebeast in 2.0 seconds flat.