50 pound milestone!

Dont worry God will help you

As an aside, I'm actually an atheist.

I know other people have lost more quickly, but I'm not worried! It's not a race - this rate of loss is obviously right for my body, and for how I'm working my band. It's ALL GOOD. :) I'm so happy to have my band, and I'm very proud of myself for taking the step to do this. Surgery is scary - but I know this was the right thing to do. Eye on the next big goal: another 25 pounds!

• 4 weeks later...

Inspiration. Seriously. I've gone from, "I think I can, I think I can" to "look out people... here I come!"

Congrats!

• 1 month later...

Rockin' job, girl!!

I'm close behind you. I had some trouble for about 9 months, but I'm back on track, and have good restriction, etc.

My goal is 170 - but really, I have no idea what that really looks like. For now I'm focusing on getting under 200 - just a few lbs left to go! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

I think whatever works for us, we do! I'm a few lbs shy of my 50 pound milestone too - It's so freakin' exciting!

Let's keep each other motivated! I always need a little kick in the ass! ;-0

Peace,

Maggie

Woohoo!

Had to share my 50 pound milestone with everyone.

I was banded October 20, 2008 (in PA), so it's been just shy of 7 months, but it's slowly coming off!!

:D

I say that is great! I was banded about 3 days after you and i'm only a few lbs ahead of you. I've been told i'm on a great track and where I should be so you are doing just fine!

Keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I'm now joining you in the 50lbs LOST club!!! I'm so freakin' excited to be under 200lbs! Really - I just want to shout it out to the world!! I'm so inspired. I see what this is doing to my life, and how it's changing. I can see myself actaully reaching my goal weight. I can see myself feeling confident in all areas of my life now.

My goal is 170 - I'm 5'8" and I think that's pretty reasonable, but I'm not sure how I will look/feel at 170. Perhaps I'll end up shooting for 160 once I get to 170. I'm taking it week by week!

Three Cheers to us all!!!

Peace,

Maggie

Congrats Maggie!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!

Yay for you, Ashely! You are doing amazing!!

Awwwww thank you. My last fill has made me so tight. I have great restriction. Today is my first day not being able to eat much so I had a protein shake...I am also starting to experience a lot of gas. I am still having BMs but it doesnt seem as though I am getting everything out. I took a laxative Saturday and felt amazing the next day. It has only been a few days since and I am feeling these sharp pains. I have started eating more greens and benefiber but they do not seem to help me :(

Oh AshleyMarie--I hate to be talking about your colon, and I know I have posted this a couple of other times, but I was notorious for "going" once a week whether I needed to or not (haha). My sister got me into taking a probiotic daily. There are many on the market, but the one I take is called Garden of Life Primal Defense. It has made all the difference for me. I had been taking it prior to getting the lapband, and have experienced little to no problems with constipation. Also, I tended to get occasional breakouts that for a fourty-something woman were very bothersome. Since I take the probiotic, I seem to have no problems with my skin either. I have never tried it, but I always see Jamie Lee Curtis on TV for a yogurt called Activia that is supposed to help with this. Seems like yogurt might be pretty good, especially if you are a little tight, you might not be able to take a pill very well. I hope this eases up for you, kid.

I have had the same problem in that department for most of my life. I recently started putting Miralax in my apple juice each morning and it has made a world of difference! I went two days in a row which im not sure that has ever happened for me! Sorry, TMI but true! ;)

You don't know how much that helps me. Where do you ladies get these products? I have always had problems with this...Not necessarily constipation but I have a weak stomach and often get diarrhea. Lol TMI but I just want to be able to have regular stools lol. Thank for all of your feedback ladies :D