-------- woohooo a surgery date!!! ------> August 7, 2009 <-----

Congrats on the Surgery Date!

I stayed at the Lucerne and it was WONDFERFUL. The treatment that you get there, they do everything but lay a red carpet down for you. EVERYONE is super nice and they almost kinda look out for you. The night before surgery we wanted to go out to eat. They told us which cab to take and NOT to take. They told us when we got ready to leave to let them know and they would get the cab. We walked down for dinner and there was our cab. The cab driver gave us a number to call him back when we were ready to return to the hotel. The feeling of being safe, not knowing anything about anyone was a very nice feeling.

Good Luck to you!

Carrie

I stayed at both places and they are both very nice. However, I prefer the Lucerna. They are more personable and I love the atmosphere a lot more. In fact, when I was staying at the Mariott in February, we ended up hanging out at the Lucerna to eat. If I ever go back, it will definitely be the Lucerna!! I've been to the Lucerna 4 times now and each time was wonderful! They really take very good care of you.

Congratulations on setting your surgery date. I have stayed at the Lucerna 3 times and just love it. I have never stayed at the Marriot, but heard it was nice.

I don't think you would be disappointed staying at either one.

Hello everyone!! ><'

I finally scheduled my surgery date -------> August 7, 2009 <------- I am so excited!!! :wub:

I would love to meet anyone else that has the same surgery date!

I do not know which hotel to choose; The Lucerne or The Marriott? Any recommendations?

Thank you!!

-Bella

Congrats to taking the first step to your new YOU! I chose the Marriott. I will be banded May 22. I will let you know all the details.

I am currently in the Marriott. It is very nice. (The chicken broth is to die for...lol how odd does that sound) The only problem is that it is farther from the Plaza Rio (the major shopping center). I took a cab over to shop today. When I wanted to come home it was difficult to find a cab that was willing to take me back to the Marriott. When I come back for fills I am going to stay at the Lucerna. It is closer to the clinic also.

I am currently in the Marriott. It is very nice. (The chicken broth is to die for...lol how odd does that sound) The only problem is that it is farther from the Plaza Rio (the major shopping center). I took a cab over to shop today. When I wanted to come home it was difficult to find a cab that was willing to take me back to the Marriott. When I come back for fills I am going to stay at the Lucerna. It is closer to the clinic also.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A SHOPOHOLIC WHEN.......I'm laughing because proximity to shopping is always the first thing that dictates where I stay too. I was also out shopping the day after my surgery. They tell you to "walk, walk, walk" right?! Have a safe trip home and stay in touch. I'm going to Waikiki Sept 28-Oct 5th if you'd like to have a coffee and "compare notes". Take care.

Sabrina:)