TT & Arm Lift Pictures

Okay, as requested I have taken pictures of my TT and Arm Lift and have posted them in the gallery. The pictures aren't very good, but that's what happens when you are single and have to utilize the mirror to get them. Also, you will notice the mirror is kind of yucky. I do keep house better than that, but I have utilized the mirrored doors on my closet to keep track of my weight loss with a dry erase marker. Therefore, I have not cleaned them lately. Looks like I need to transfer that information to paper and get it cleaned up - after my arms heal. Didn't realize it would show up so clearly in the pictures - oops! Maybe I can get my plastic surgeon to e-mail me his pictures which are much better - I'll try to remember to ask the next time we take pictures, and if so I will replace what I put up with his.

My side really doesn't have that roll anymore, except for when I twist to take a picture. All of my incisions are still taped up, so you cannot see the scars on my arm and I don't plan on showing the stomach one at this point. I still have some swelling so it will be awhile before we know what the final result looks like, but I am definitely happy happy happy!

I'm so glad you are happy with the results so far CONGRATS !!!!

How long would you think it takes after the brachio to get back to work? I'm trying to get off at least 2-3 weeks

Can't wait to get my arms done ... but my PS want's me at goal for the arms :(

The piccies are not available yet - I guess they need the approval of one of the administrators ;)

Again, congrats :clapping:

Ohhhh I can't wait to see your pics!

Okay, as requested I have taken pictures of my TT and Arm Lift and have posted them in the gallery. The pictures aren't very good, but that's what happens when you are single and have to utilize the mirror to get them. Also, you will notice the mirror is kind of yucky. I do keep house better than that, but I have utilized the mirrored doors on my closet to keep track of my weight loss with a dry erase marker. Therefore, I have not cleaned them lately. Looks like I need to transfer that information to paper and get it cleaned up - after my arms heal. Didn't realize it would show up so clearly in the pictures - oops! Maybe I can get my plastic surgeon to e-mail me his pictures which are much better - I'll try to remember to ask the next time we take pictures, and if so I will replace what I put up with his.

My side really doesn't have that roll anymore, except for when I twist to take a picture. All of my incisions are still taped up, so you cannot see the scars on my arm and I don't plan on showing the stomach one at this point. I still have some swelling so it will be awhile before we know what the final result looks like, but I am definitely happy happy happy!

WOW, YOUR ARMS REALLY LOOK GREAT!!! and so does your tt BUT I'VE BEEN WAITING TO SEE THOSE ARMS, AWESOME!!!

This is what im talking about, this is the best feeling. Now I cant wait till June 23rd. I would say we are twins in the before picture and I hope we are twins when I take my after pictures also. You rock.

OMG! Your surgeon did an awesome job! Where did you have it done and How much did it cost you PLEASE??????

You look fantastic!!!

Dr. Joseph Barnthouse in Kansas City. For the TT, Arm Lift, anesthesia and one night hospital stay it was $13,000. I absolutely love him and would recommend him to anyone and would also offer up my home for hotel services and myself for taxi services. Any doctor who spends 2 hours in 2 separate consultations with you prior to your making any financial investment is at the top of my list.

How long would you think it takes after the brachio to get back to work? I'm trying to get off at least 2-3 weeks

I would think 1 to 2 weeks would be good, depending on the type of work you do. If you have a job that requires a lot of lifting, I would go with 3 weeks, but your PS can give you a better idea during the consult.

As far as arm use, I have been using them to push myself up out of the chair the entire time. For arm movement, I was able to put my bra on myself the first time I tried, which was about 4 days post op. I was shopping and trying on clothes 6 days post op (I already made confession to the doctor and got a half smile half you better behave yourself look :D ). I took more care getting the clothes on and off, but it was very doable.

I went back to the doctor this morning, which was 2 days earlier than anticipated. Being that I am extra juicy they had to drain some fluid around the TT area, but no big deal.

He did take the tape off of my arms so I can now see the entire incision. My right arm looks great, I have had cat scratches that looked worse than it does. The incision on my left arm looks the same as the one on my right arm, but there are more "dimples" on my left arm. I am thinking this is due to the swelling and will probably improve significantly over time. I did get in a little trouble for stopping wearing the compression garments on my arms, so I am going back to wearing them when I am at home. He said that would help with the swelling. I am kind of excited to see if there is a difference in the arms tomorrow morning when I take the compression garments off to take my shower. I am probably too eager and there won't be a difference that soon, but I can always hope.

As a NSV, I saw a couple of my professors today. The first one I passed in the hall and he said I was looking well. He knows about the Lap Band, but I don't think he knows about the plastic surgery. My other professor had his back to me when I walked in his office. When he turned around the look on his face was priceless. He didn't say anything about how I looked at that point, but he did ask how I was doing as the doctoral staff had been praying for me because of some surgery I was having. I then told him about the Lap Band and the plastic surgery at which point he said that he had noticed a huge difference, but wasn't sure what the circumstances were. We then had a lengthy discussion about plastic surgery as his wife used to work for a plastic surgeon. He will be leaving the school this summer, but I will see him at a conference in October and he said he wanted to see the arm scars again at that point. Obviously he has not nor will he be seeing the TT scars. I am also going to e-mail him my pre lap band picture and a current picture of myself once I have someone take a good one next week.

Where did you go for the surgery?

I stayed right here in Kansas City and had my surgery at Menorah Medical Center.

The Baptist girl had surgery with the Catholic doctor at the Jewish hospital. There has got to be a joke in there somewhere. :)

I stayed right here in Kansas City and had my surgery at Menorah Medical Center.

The Baptist girl had surgery with the Catholic doctor at the Jewish hospital. There has got to be a joke in there somewhere. :)

I want your new arms! My stomach hasn't been too bad because I never carried tons of weight there--all in my ghetto booty and legs, but my arms have been the bane of my existence. They're always bigger and now I've got fun hanging skin. :( Doesn't seem to matter how much I do strength training, they just get floppier. I'm totally going to have them sucked and tucked once I get closer to goal.

I want your new arms!

At the moment you can have them! I am wearing my compression sleeves and they are driving me crazy. Luckily I will be leaving the house in about 30 minutes and will be taking them off. The binder around my middle doesn't bother me, but I hate hate hate these compression sleeves. Oh the things we will do to look good.

He also took the tape off of the TT scar, so once I get some new batteries for my camera I will take a tasteful shot of that scar and post it.

A Baptist, Catholic and Jewish person walk into a bar...I mean surgery room! :)

Your arms looked a lot like mine before, so it's nice to have a visual of what my changes would look like. I will have to remember your surgeons name - he did great! Any ideas what it would have cost for just the arm lift? Did they do lipo on the arms too?

Looks great!

Your arms looked a lot like mine before, so it's nice to have a visual of what my changes would look like. I will have to remember your surgeons name - he did great! Any ideas what it would have cost for just the arm lift? Did they do lipo on the arms too?

I think he did lipo on the arms, but I'm not 100% sure. I would guess the arms only would be somewhere around $5,000. I wouldn't think you would need an overnight stay in the hospital for that, and you might even be able to get them done at a surgery center, which would possibly be cheaper than the hospital. Definitely go for a consult and ask as the consultations are free.

After looking at youre arms, Im thinking I might do my arms instead of my boobs. Hubby said that that would be better for me. I can always go back later for the boobs, or just see if they will do the arms at the same time also.

After looking at youre arms, Im thinking I might do my arms instead of my boobs. Hubby said that that would be better for me. I can always go back later for the boobs, or just see if they will do the arms at the same time also.

I am pretty sure my doctor would have done both boobs and arms at the same time. Sometimes they do an incision in the armpit for the boob job, so that would be a good question to ask as it might save you some cutting and you could kill two birds with the same incision so to speak. The only thing he would not do was arms, tummy and thighs at the same time because he said you need one of those 3 to help you move from a sitting to a standing position, which does make sense, even though I really really really wanted to do all 3 at once.

(((((((((((((((((Smiley)))))))))))))))

Thank you for posting the pictures. How exciting. How much weight did you lose when they removed the skin?

xo

He told my parents it was about 8 pounds. As of Thursday morning I was down 6.5 pounds from the day of surgery. But, as of this morning I was only down 2.5. I still have a lot of swelling, but then again it is amazing how eating ice cream 4 out of 5 days can really set you back. :D I am now off of my ice cream kick and getting my rear back in gear. I am going to ask my plastic surgeon tomorrow when I can start to exercise again.

I am now off of my ice cream kick and getting my rear back in gear.

Just as I finished typing the above post the timer on my oven went off letting me know my apple pie was done. Good thing I am giving the big pie away and just keeping a small dish with a single bottom crust and apples for a taste test. I would be mortified to give away a pie that didn't taste good.