Time for another fill .. but ... is it too soon?

I got my 2nd fill last week - I'm now up to 2cc's (i have a 4cc band)

I called today, to book my next fill, and was told my fill nurse would be in tomorrow.

Would I like to come in. Well yes ..

But can/should I?

Is it too soon?

I do know I'm not feeling very much restriction after my last fill.

And I'm tired of waiting waiting waiting .. plus, my fill nurse isn't in for another month.

BOO. I don't want to miss the opportunity.

I'm also curious, how much is in your band? (For those maintenance people) ..

I'm curious what everyone's 'sweet spot' is?

I got my 2nd fill last week - I'm now up to 2cc's (i have a 4cc band)

I called today, to book my next fill, and was told my fill nurse would be in tomorrow.

Would I like to come in. Well yes ..

But can/should I?

Is it too soon?

I do know I'm not feeling very much restriction after my last fill.

And I'm tired of waiting waiting waiting .. plus, my fill nurse isn't in for another month.

BOO. I don't want to miss the opportunity.

I'm also curious, how much is in your band? (For those maintenance people) ..

((((((((((((((((((((((Lindsay))))))))))))))))))))

I am unable to answer any of your questions but I wanted to let you know I love your new profile photo.

;)

My fill doc won't do fills that close together because she told me it can take up to 3 weeks for your fill to kick in.... so I would probably wait.

I currently have 3cc in my 4cc band and I am not at my sweet spot yet.

I agree even if they let you come in i'm not sure I would. It could kick in later. I make myself wait one month then if it's not there I go. I'm gonna make an appt here in the next couple weeks, but i'm about to start my period so I don't want to go when i'm tight. Plus, I haven't been following the rules like I should and so i'm making myself get back on track first.

I'd wait a bit, but ask your doctor about it.

Lindsay,

I too agree. I got my first fill and did not have any restriction. I did go back at two weeks just to make sure that it did not tighten. Every doctor is different but my fill Doc in the states told me at least two weeks. Good luck

PS...I too like the new pic!

Carrie

I'm also curious, how much is in your band?(For those maintenance people) ..

I WAS AT .9 AND WENT UP TO 1.5 IN A 4 cc BAND FOR MAINTENANCE

MY SWEET SPOT WAS 2.4 A FEW YEARS AGO, THOUGH I'VE NEVER KEPT MY BAND VERY TIGHT, IT WAS JUST COMFORTABLE

I WAS AT .9 AND WENT UP TO 1.5 IN A 4 cc BAND FOR MAINTENANCE

MY SWEET SPOT WAS 2.4 A FEW YEARS AGO, THOUGH I'VE NEVER KEPT MY BAND VERY TIGHT, IT WAS JUST COMFORTABLE

Pammie,

Where do you go for fills? I know there is a fillcenter in Auburn but was told they don't use floro?

How many fills did you get the first year. You inspire me as you are maintaining your weight.

I have been at my goal a few times but never stayed too long!

D.

I got a fill from a new fill guy locally instead of driving to my regular fill place (5 hours away). It was horrible and after the fill I had less restriction then before I went in, so 2 weeks later I went back to my regular fill center and had another fill. It was actually yesterday and I was so glad I didn't wait. Because my fill center is so far away I wasn't able to get fills durning the winter months so now that the weather is warm I am taking total advantage of it.

I only want to lose another 15lbs....

Shy

Pammie,

Where do you go for fills? I know there is a fillcenter in Auburn but was told they don't use floro?

How many fills did you get the first year. You inspire me as you are maintaining your weight.

D.

I use Pacific Surgical in Olympia because they use fluoro to double check. I will never do BLIND fills (or unfills) again.

Lots of people go to the place up north in Marysville, they are wonderful ladies - but I found getting a fluoro 'laying' down vs in a sitting position makes things very different.

I use Pacific Surgical in Olympia because they use fluoro to double check. I will never do BLIND fills (or unfills) again.

Lots of people go to the place up north in Marysville, they are wonderful ladies - but I found getting a fluoro 'laying' down vs in a sitting position makes things very different.

Could you tell me/us more about the difference between laying down and the sitting position?

Thanks!

I made an appointment @ Pacific Surgical in Olympia for Monday June 8th (wanted it sooner my work schedule got in the way...)

Thank you for the feedback. Now same question as Angie? What does Pacific Surgical do sitting or lying? and what is the difference?

D.

I am also interested in Pacific Surgical. What do they charge? My wife & I are going bac to OCC for our first fills, but do not want to go there every time due to travel from Vancouver, WA.

I still haven't found my sweet spot. I have a 9cc band and now have 6cc in there. I feel a little restriction but expected more since it's more than half full now. I have a question though...what's a blind fill? I've never had to swallow anything before a fill. I just go, lie down, and my doctor injects the saline into the port or whatever it is. He keeps track of how much he's put it in. I'm going in to see him next week and I'm going to ask about flouro or blind fills, etc. Like I've stated eariler in my posts, I'm in Kuwait and sometimes I feel I may not be getting what I paid for.

Arianna

I'm in Kuwait and sometimes I feel I may not be getting what I paid for.

Arianna

Arianna - you are in the right place. The more we know the better advocates we can be for ourselves. Next time you go to your Dr. you can begin asking him some of the questions that your've had arrise and get his take. Knowledge is power baby! Knowledge is power! When your Dr can see you have been reading up, he will be more likely to treat you differently!

I am also interested in Pacific Surgical. What do they charge? My wife & I are going bac to OCC for our first fills, but do not want to go there every time due to travel from Vancouver, WA.

Here is cut and paste....

Band Adjustment (Fill) Information

For Patients Outside Our Practice

Our office is available to do fills (adjustments) for patients who have had their surgeries elsewhere.

We request that you fill out the questionnaire that you can receive by calling or emailing our office. Once we have received the form back, you may call our office to schedule. Band fills are always done under fluoroscopy (x-ray).

Payment due on day of fill. We accept VISA, MC, Discover, Cash & Check.

Please remember to not eat solids for 4 hours before the adjustment. Fluids are okay.

You must return to a liquid diet for 2-3 days following the adjustment to allow for swelling to go down.

The fee for band fills is $375.00.

If within a week or so of your fill, you have problems and need an additional adjustment, the fee will be $150 for the 2nd adjustment.

If you feel your fill is too tight and you need to have some fluid removed, please call right away for an appointment, as there will be no charge.

I too was going to go to TJ but I talked w/Dr. Ortiz about Pacific Surgical Weight Loss Center and he recommended it.

(He taught the MD's at the clinic)

If you call 1-866-722-6363 they will e-mail the required forms. They are even going to call OCC to verify what size band I have (if you read my posts I am confused about what band I have)

D.

Here is cut and paste....

Band Adjustment (Fill) Information

For Patients Outside Our Practice

Our office is available to do fills (adjustments) for patients who have had their surgeries elsewhere.

We request that you fill out the questionnaire that you can receive by calling or emailing our office. Once we have received the form back, you may call our office to schedule. Band fills are always done under fluoroscopy (x-ray).

Payment due on day of fill. We accept VISA, MC, Discover, Cash & Check.

Please remember to not eat solids for 4 hours before the adjustment. Fluids are okay.

You must return to a liquid diet for 2-3 days following the adjustment to allow for swelling to go down.

The fee for band fills is $375.00.

If within a week or so of your fill, you have problems and need an additional adjustment, the fee will be $150 for the 2nd adjustment.

If you feel your fill is too tight and you need to have some fluid removed, please call right away for an appointment, as there will be no charge.

I too was going to go to TJ but I talked w/Dr. Ortiz about Pacific Surgical Weight Loss Center and he recommended it.

(He taught the MD's at the clinic)

If you call 1-866-722-6363 they will e-mail the required forms. They are even going to call OCC to verify what size band I have (if you read my posts I am confused about what band I have)

D.

Thanks for the reply. The trip to TJ in a couple of weeks is going to cost me over $2000. More than half of that is us staying a couple of extra days to go to Sea World and the Wild Animal Park. Our flights were about $650 alone plus $100 each for our fills under Fluoro, puts us over what Pac Surgical would be. I am even more convinced to go there next time. Even though I think OCC is the best.

I went to Pac Surgical for all buy my first fill, which I did at the OCC. They are knowledgeable, give great fills and don’t have issues supporting patients outside their practice.

For next time you should try them out - I really kept on top of my fills and I think that’s why I always lost consistently.

Best,

Lisa

I made an appointment @ Pacific Surgical in Olympia for Monday June 8th (wanted it sooner my work schedule got in the way...)

Thank you for the feedback. Now same question as Angie? What does Pacific Surgical do sitting or lying? and what is the difference?

D.

well, I can only speak for myself, but I noticed that after getting a fill up north (laying down) I believe it stretched me out, so I was overfilled even though they did a fluoro (which was so fast you could have blinked). They then pulled out nearly an entire 1.0 cc even though I had no signs of enlargment or swelling. THAT made me very mad. I have now put back on 8 lbs and I have gone back to Pac Surgical to fix the "too" loose issue

Pac Surgical puts you in a sitting position, which I have found makes for a much more accurate fill (after all aren't we standing or sitting when we eat?), AND they take their time with the fluoro - there is no rushing, so they made sure my fill was perfect - every time. I just kick myself for going elsewhere, just to try out another place, my advice is, if you have great results and are losing with a place you are using, do not try to save a few pennies by going someplace new!

Pac surgical is $375 for the 1st time and if you are not full enough after the first 7-10 days, you can get right back in for a second adjustment.

I was consistently losing until my incident up north and have now struggled to get back to that happy spot.

I am with Lisal, I love Pac Surgical

My experience with fills is that I feel restriction for the first couple of days after the fill and then it wears off a bit. Then it's changeable depending on my cycle or whatever else is going on in the environment. However, after my third one (I have 3.8ccs in a 4cc band) I'm now very tight six weeks after the fact. As many people say, the band is fickle. Personally I'd wait for at least a month or two to see how things generally are, as it's hard to get an accurate guage after only a week or so (unless of course it is too tight). Of course, I've heard the opposite from other people, so it really is an individual thing.

thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread.

i just got back from my fill.

my fill nurse said she wouldn't fill me last week, which is when I initially wanted to go back ... she said it was too soon.

i now have 2.5cc's in my 4cc band.

she didn't even want to do a full cc', bringing me up to 3cc's.

she was even hesitant about giving me half a cc ...

i do feel restriction, but don't feel it's nearly as 'tight' as it should be.

I'm hoping this half a cc will make a difference.

thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread.

i just got back from my fill.

my fill nurse said she wouldn't fill me last week, which is when I initially wanted to go back ... she said it was too soon.

i now have 2.5cc's in my 4cc band.

she didn't even want to do a full cc', bringing me up to 3cc's.

she was even hesitant about giving me half a cc ...

i do feel restriction, but don't feel it's nearly as 'tight' as it should be.

I'm hoping this half a cc will make a difference.

how frustrating, maybe in a day or two you will feel it tighten up a bit

Pammie,

D.

THE FILL CENTER IN AUBURN DOESN'T HAVE A FLORO MACHINE AND THE COST IS OUTRAGEOUS IN MY OPINION, IT'S BASICLLY IN MY BACKYARD

I GOT 3 FILLS MY FIRST YEAR, FIRST TWO AT THE OCC

I USE NORTHWEST FILL MANAGEMENT. THEY GIVE ME THE OPTION TO HAVE FILLS DONE WITH OR WITHOUT FLUOROSCOPY, I HAVE DONE BOTH WITH THEM. I JUST DON'T FIND IT NECESSARY TO USE FLUOROSCOPY AT EVERY FILL. YOU CAN BE OVER FILLED WITH OR WITHOUT IT SO I USE IT TO CHECK THE POSITION OF THE BAND EVERY SO OFTEN

I HAVE GAINED A FEW POUNDS OVER THIS PAST YEAR, 5, AND I OF COURSE PLAN TAKING THAT OFF BUT WORKING ON IT SLOW AND EASY. TRYING TO DO THIS WITHOUT HAVING A FILL AND MAKING BETTER CHOSES. :)