BRAND SIZE OF BAND

I am very confused??? I thought I was getting a 10cc band. I called OCC today and was told I had a Johnson and Johnson 10cm 4cc band. I was looking on line Johnson and Johnson is a realize band unless there is another then it might not be FDA approved? 4cc is a very small volume...

My card doesn't have any size on it at all.

I am very confused??? I thought I was getting a 10cc band. I called OCC today and was told I had a Johnson and Johnson 10cm 4cc band. I was looking on line Johnson and Johnson is a realize band unless there is another then it might not be FDA approved? 4cc is a very small volume...

My card doesn't have any size on it at all.

(((((((((((((((Finally)))))))))))))))))

I hope this helps.

xo

http://www.lapband.com/

There are 2 different bands out there. lapband.com is associated with allergan. Johnson & Johnson is the realize band.

Did your card have a size on it? I know you were banded after me. What band do you have?

My confusion is from having a Johnson and Johnson aka Realize and it being 4cc.

Did your card have a size on it? I know you were banded after me. What band do you have?

My confusion is from having a Johnson and Johnson aka Realize and it being 4cc.

I have 2 cards. One is hard like a CC with all my info and the centers. The second card looks like it would be from product packaging. It is a Lap-band system patient identification card. It has my name written in and on the back Dr Ortiz name and then a sticker, also from packaging and it also says lap-band system 10.0cm. It states a reference number and serial number. Hope this helps.

The 10.0 cm band can hold 4cc. The larger bands do hold more and they determine the size you need when they go in and see how large your stomach area is. As you lose wt and the stomach shrinks, the band is more apt to slip if it is too large.

There are 2 different bands out there. lapband.com is associated with allergan. Johnson & Johnson is the realize band.

(((((((((((((((Irish))))))))))))))

http://www.realizeband.com/dtcf/pages/compare-lap-band.htm

Good point. I honestly thought I had a lapband because my original doctor gave me a login to the lapand website (cool site btw) but that does explain why Dr. Ortiz wasn't in the drop down menu to report I had my surgery.

This is an interesting link.

(((((((((((((((Irish))))))))))))))

http://www.realizeband.com/dtcf/pages/compare-lap-band.htm

Good point. I honestly thought I had a lapband because my original doctor gave me a login to the lapand website (cool site btw) but that does explain why Dr. Ortiz wasn't in the drop down menu to report I had my surgery.

This is an interesting link.

Remember this website is for the US. There is a different website for MX. Not sure if you knew this or not.

I got an e-mail from OCC today and they say I have a 10cc band, which makes sense to me if it a Realize aka Johnson & Johnson. I guess I'll find out for sure when I get my first fill, hopefully the 2nd, going to call tomorrow.

Remember this website is for the US. There is a different website for MX. Not sure if you knew this or not.

Angie,

When is your first fill? I am so ready for it!!!!

I looked for the Realize site for Mexico couldn't find it.

It would be nice to be able to use the Realize site it has some pretty cool stuff.

My foot is getting better! no more scooter, have been wearing real shoes (sneaker) today was the first day I didn't have to use my surg shoe! sooooo ready to walk!!

How are you doing???

D.

(((((((((((((((Finally)))))))))))))))))

I hope this helps.

xo

http://www.lapband.com/

excellant link Robby! I found some great info on there. thanks!

Angie,

When is your first fill? I am so ready for it!!!!

I looked for the Realize site for Mexico couldn't find it.

It would be nice to be able to use the Realize site it has some pretty cool stuff.

My foot is getting better! no more scooter, have been wearing real shoes (sneaker) today was the first day I didn't have to use my surg shoe! sooooo ready to walk!!

How are you doing???

D.

D. - I am well, thanks for asking. The gas has subsided, which I was sooo thankful for. I think solid food was a shock to my system and sent the toots out! LOL Like you I am sooo ready for my first fill! Do you go on Tuesday? I go on Monday and have sent my surgery records over for there review. I will have to have a Upper GI first, so they can see my band is placed correctly. I understand why they are requiring this, and don't mind one bit. I will be very happy to have care right in my home town. From the sounds of it this office is very hands on and super friendly, so I feel good about my choice to go with Dr. McBride and Dr. Getty. I can go in monthly for no charge to be weighed, and talk to the case worker or nurse if I want, plus they have other support they offer. Not to mention a support group that is also a education session as well where you can meet other weight loss surgery patients in the area, which is pretty cool.

I'll look at home to see if I can help you out with the MX website. I'll have to find my notes and book. Woo hoo! Good for you! I bet you are so happy to loose the scooter and wear a shoe again! (not that the scooter wasn't handy dandy!)

Did you get your surgery report from the OCC? If you did, was your pre-op test results included? I did not ask for mine and got the report only. I really didn't think of it. My case worker didn't seem to caught up on that though so I am glad.

Does Patty or Pam ( was that your friends name?) belong to this forum? She was cool, and that was awesome that she was able to come to TJ with you!

Hey, I have a question for you, given your employment. I pressed up against one of my incisions, and it popped. A pop similar to the pop you would feel if you where popping bubble wrap. So, me being me, I pressed on the remaining 4 incisions. Each popped in the same fashion. So strange! None of them have done it again. I am not showing any signs of infection, but it makes me curious. Do you think it is an air pocket or scar tissue? I'd like your opinion if you have one.

Glad to hear from you! Let me know what you think of your first fill apt. I was happy to find that they shoot for restriction on the 1st fill here! Yay! They have advised me to have a liquid diet for 3 days after the fill. What instructions has your Dr. given you if any?