back from occ

HI EVERYBODY

WELL I CAME BACK TO CANADA ON TUES, I WAS BANDED ON THE 20 MAY WITH SOME OTHER LOVELY LADIES, WHICH I MAY ADD MADE IT MUCH BETTER. LENA AND I MET ROBBYN THE NIGHT BEFORE SHE HAD HER OP AND HAD A GREAT CHAT. IT IS REALLY GEAT TO HAVE SO MUCH SUPPORT ON THIS FORUM.

SO I AM ON MY 10TH DAY OF LIQUIDS NOT SURE HOW MUCH I SHOULD BE DRINKING AND HOW I SHOULD BE DRINKING IT

( FULL LIQUIDS AND WATER)AND IF I CAN HAVE JELLO OR NOT, WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME FEED BACK ON THAT PLEASE.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE SUPPORT

TRACEY

HI EVERYBODY

WELL I CAME BACK TO CANADA ON TUES, I WAS BANDED ON THE 20 MAY WITH SOME OTHER LOVELY LADIES, WHICH I MAY ADD MADE IT MUCH BETTER. LENA AND I MET ROBBYN THE NIGHT BEFORE SHE HAD HER OP AND HAD A GREAT CHAT. IT IS REALLY GEAT TO HAVE SO MUCH SUPPORT ON THIS FORUM.

SO I AM ON MY 10TH DAY OF LIQUIDS NOT SURE HOW MUCH I SHOULD BE DRINKING AND HOW I SHOULD BE DRINKING IT

( FULL LIQUIDS AND WATER)AND IF I CAN HAVE JELLO OR NOT, WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME FEED BACK ON THAT PLEASE.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE SUPPORT

TRACEY

Look at your paperwork. I know that I wasn't allowed jello or pudding on full liquids. Mainly I lived on water, juice, popsicles, protein shakes, gatorade, and drinkable yoplait. And the occasional cream based creamy soup. Though I wasn't a soup eater then, and I loathe it even more now! :) Good Luck!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Tracey))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs. I'm glad you got home safe. Thank you again so much for inviting to your room and talking to me before my surgery. Meeting you and Lena really helped me feel calm and relaxed.

I can only consume an ounce or two of liquid at a time, or I get a pain in my upper left chest. I'm just trying to stay hydrated and take princess sips.

How are you?

I really enjoyed beef broth with Franks Red Hot hot sauce in it when I was on liquids! I found some healthier lower sodium broths at my health food store that were really good....chicken, beef and tomato. I still drink them when I want something warm!

I know the Americans on here like Special K protein water (can't get it in Canada) but recently I have discovered a new Crystal Light flavour here that is to die for!!! It's the Roobios Mandarin flavour- yum!

Sabrina:)

I think after two weeks, I was allowed thicker liquids like shakes and creamy soups. I forgot. but when you get to that stage, I used to make the zero point vegetable weight watchers soup (recipe's on the net) and then puree it in the blender. It was YUMMO!!! or any soup that you make can be pureed. I'd add soy milk to make it creamy.

Jello and custards came right before solids. Your body needs time to adjust to the band so I wouldn't be in a rush. plus, I lost most of my weight during this stage. I'm thinking of going back to that for a bit. LOL

Arianna

Hi Tracey! WELCOME to Bandland!!

Glad your surgery went well. No jello and Dr. Miranda should have given you the calendar to follow for your first 21 days. It's really basic and very easy and it's the unknown you are going through. You are learning as you go. Just make sure you have the things/foods ahead of time and you will do just fine honey.

As far as how much you can have? 1/2 cup (4oz) at a time, as many times you want, throughout the day. You are NOT counting calories at this stage and the creamy soup stage. Day 22 is when you start to do that.

When you are concern, always check with OCC to ease your mind and to make sure you are 'on track'. Everyone is going to be different and may react differently. I continued to use the Metamucil twice a day (10am and 3pm) to help wth the hunger pagns. As I got my fills, I would alternate between the Metamucil or the chewable Fiber Choice for Weight Mgmt. They helped tremendously for me. Keep the focus and relax and let your body heal naturally.

Keep us posted on your journey for you are in for a ride for your life! Jazzy!!

Hi Tracey! WELCOME to Bandland!!

Glad your surgery went well. No jello and Dr. Miranda should have given you the calendar to follow for your first 21 days. It's really basic and very easy and it's the unknown you are going through. You are learning as you go. Just make sure you have the things/foods ahead of time and you will do just fine honey.

As far as how much you can have? 1/2 cup (4oz) at a time, as many times you want, throughout the day. You are NOT counting calories at this stage and the creamy soup stage. Day 22 is when you start to do that.

When you are concern, always check with OCC to ease your mind and to make sure you are 'on track'. Everyone is going to be different and may react differently. I continued to use the Metamucil twice a day (10am and 3pm) to help wth the hunger pagns. As I got my fills, I would alternate between the Metamucil or the chewable Fiber Choice for Weight Mgmt. They helped tremendously for me. Keep the focus and relax and let your body heal naturally.

Keep us posted on your journey for you are in for a ride for your life! Jazzy!!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS IT DOES HELP SO MUCH. ONLY 10 MORE DAYS TO GO, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET RID OF MY FAT CLOTHES FOREVER

THANKS AGAIN TRACEY

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS IT DOES HELP SO MUCH. ONLY 10 MORE DAYS TO GO, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET RID OF MY FAT CLOTHES FOREVER

THANKS AGAIN TRACEY

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Tracey))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Amen!