I just figured something out.. LOL

For a while now I have read where people say they have PB problems. I didn't know what they meant.

As I was looking at the website for OCC and read the nutrition page and then the Complications page, I now know

what it is.

Productive Burping (PB'ing)

I was gonna ask if I could not figure it out-- after a while at least.

I feel like a Dork. LOL :D

Hugs,

Kristi

For a while now I have read where people say they have PB problems. I didn't know what they meant.

As I was looking at the website for OCC and read the nutrition page and then the Complications page, I now know

what it is.

Hugs,

Kristi

Lol... don't feel like too big a dork, cuz I didn't know what i meant til I read your post! Lol!!! We can both be dorks!

No worries...just the first of many new things you will learn! Oh just wait until your first PB...oh joy! :) I PB'ed in a ziplock bag while in a tanning bed once = ahhh the life of a bandster! One of the best tips someone told me was to always have a ziplock bag in your purse just in case and it has come in handy more than once!

what it is.

Hugs,

Kristi

Don't forget you can always search on this site if you have any questions like that. Chances are someone has brought it up before.

what it is.

Hugs,

Kristi

((((((((((((Kristi)))))))))))))))

You are so not a dork. I didn't know what PB'ing was either. I honestly thought it had something to do with peanut butter.

xo

So....you can just spontaneously PB? It can happen at any time? I was thinking it would only happen during eating or immediately after. Good to know!!! I will stock up on the zip locks.

Not spontaneous, but sometimes i'll get stuck and it can happen right away or sometimes it can take up to 30 minutes. Sometimes I get stuck and it passes after a while, and that day in the tanning bed I thought it would pass but no such luck! I also have had to use the bag before when I was trying to eat and drive at the same time. Takes talent to PB and drive at the same time! :)

Sad, but true ironically enough I had to go PB just now. Luckily this one was a quick and dirty and nobody was in the bathroom at work. Apparently my tummy isn't ready for swiss cheese just yet. <_<

My band is so fickle right now - some days I can eat anything and everything starting with breakfast and then there is today where I can't get a piece of cheese down. Oh well, another tip is I always have two protien shakes in the fridge at work for times like this so I have something to get down later. That and the ziplock bags are a must have!

I keep zip loc bags in my car too!! Something about eating and driving i am not paying attention to my bites. Also I learned about the baggies the hard way. I PB'd in the paper bag the chicken had come in and then it came through the bag all over my purse and car!! At least PB'ing doesn't smell bad!!

I keep zip loc bags in my car too!! Something about eating and driving i am not paying attention to my bites. Also I learned about the baggies the hard way. I PB'd in the paper bag the chicken had come in and then it came through the bag all over my purse and car!! At least PB'ing doesn't smell bad!!

JUST had that happen about a week ago! My purse was out of reach so I couldn't get to the ziplock in time. Went all over my floorboard on the passenger side it was so gross!!! But I agree thank god it doesn't smell really. But it was a pain in the butt to clean up!

JUST had that happen about a week ago! My purse was out of reach so I couldn't get to the ziplock in time. Went all over my floorboard on the passenger side it was so gross!!! But I agree thank god it doesn't smell really. But it was a pain in the butt to clean up!

Okay, now I am going to have to search and bring back the thread "You might be a banster if...." you carry a zip lock baggie in your purse! LOL

This is great stuff and hey, you can't make this stuff up!

One of the best tips someone told me was to always have a ziplock bag in your purse just in case and it has come in handy more than once!

Great idea! I thought I was going to wreck on 435 a couple of weeks ago trying to reach for the empty milk glass I had put in the cup holder in the back seat. Think I will put some in my glove box because my purse isn't always within reach when I am driving.

what it is.

Hugs,

Kristi

(((((((((((((((((Kristi))))))))))))))))

http://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/lapband...ut/glossary.htm

I found a lapband glossary. Pretty interresting!

what it is.

Hugs,

Kristi

Thanks... that explains alot... today i thought i was gonna lose it and kept burping and also felt tight as well. I was so not feeling good.. but nothing came up. My back hurt, I was nauseated and wanted to vomit. This lasted about 2 hours after lunch. It really felt like I was plugged up and the food could not go anywhere. UGH... I dont look forward to that again..

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes it is so therapeutic to read everyone's experiences. :) It brings a smile to the face just knowing that some of these odd things happening to us are normal (?)

I had the experience of PB'ing on the way to get my hair done. That happened to be my first experience while driving and I hope the last in that situation. What a mess and embarrassment! I have never thought to carry baggies, but I sure will now.

Where I get my fills, she told me to just go ahead and go to the bathroom and stick you finger down your throat when you are obviously stuck. She said you might as well get it over with. Just don't abuse this method.

what it is.

Hugs,

Kristi

Another thing... I have never vomited but have had some loud and crazy burping and then it goes away. I would think this is normal and okay.. just a way for the food to get down and the gas out.

Hello All, :lb14:

I have not experienced the PBing to the full effect yet, but last night, I was burping for quite a while.

I really like the ideas of carrying zip-loc baggies with me just in case. I will have to put some in my purse and some in both of my cars and the truck. Heck I think I will add extras to the camper too.

I have had a bit of burping yesterday for about half an hour, but not sure if it was PBing.

Thank you all for reponding and giving really Great advice. Most appreciative. :lb13:

Hugs,

Kristi