I AM A POPCICLE SUCKING BANDSTER!!!!

Congrats!!! The best advice for the next couple weeks is to take it easy!!! Keep drinking a lot and walk when you can it really helps with the gas.

Good luck!!

Just a quick note to say that all went great today!!! I'm abandster baby!!!! :D Any advice for the 1st 24 hrs that you knew or wish you would have known??

((((((((((((((((((((KSK))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs fellow bandito.

:)

I was just banded myself just over a week ago. This is what I recommend your first 24 hours.

1. Walk the halls and meet your fellow bandsters, exchange email addresses for support.

2. If you didn't snap a picture of Dr. Ortiz today, get one tomorrow.

3. Take princess sips...princess sips...princess sips...it is a proactive way to avoid gas.

4. Try to limit your initial liquid intake to about 1/2 cup size at first (to avoid gas or drinking too fast).

5. Tomorrow they will take your photo for an ID card you can use for kids meals. The card will be delivered to your hotel tomorrow evening. I thought the card would be brought to my room, but it wasn't, so if you don't have it the night before you check out, ask the front desk for it. If it's lost they have to take a new photo which means you'll have to wait for your fill.

I know about this one personally.

6. If you're up to it, go to Revolution Avenue tomorrow.

7. If you use a cab from Revolution Avenue to return to your hotel, two things.

a: Make sure your hotel gives you a paper map so you can show it to the driver to get back. We stayed at the Marriott and if we wouldn't have had the map we would still be on Revolution Avenue. Our driver didn't speak english, not even "Marriott".

8. Our taxi cab driver who took us from the Marriott to Revolution Avenue told us "Yellow Cabs are safe." so I would only take a yellow cab to return to your hotel. (Of course my husband and I didn't do that...see number 7.

9. Have plenty of cash on you for your stroll down Revolution Avenue. You'll need it. ;)

10. Walk. Rest. Walk. Repeat.

xo

Congratulations ksk! So glad all went well. No one could have described how good that first popsickle was going to taste post-op! As everyone else said, take it easy and walk as much as you can. One thing I would have avoided if I could do it all over again would be the mocha latte that I had from Starbuck's. I think that created great gas problems for me on the plane ride back home. You're going to do great!!

Just a quick note to say that all went great today!!! I'm abandster baby!!!! :D Any advice for the 1st 24 hrs that you knew or wish you would have known??

Walk! Break that Gas up!!! And Grape - Is the best flavor.............. LOL

Hi Everyone! So I had the awful pain in the left shoulder for the last 2 days. But I kept walking and massaging it out. And here I sit with my laptop at 5:45 Mexico-time. My body never adjusted to the time difference... But that's okay b/c I fly back home today! Yippie!!!! For the most part, I think I;m doing okay. A little tightness in the chest every once in a while, but all in all I think I'm doing fine. And I truly thought the scars were going to be MUCH worse than what they are. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I'm check in once I'm back in the USA... Adios!

Speaking of scars, I discovered today that until the end of June (I think) Walgreen's has a buy one get one free deal on the Nature's Bounty brand of vitamin E oil. For my lap band scars and other small scars I had always poked holes in vitamin E capsules, but having a scar from hip to hip and one on each arm from armpit to elbow I decided to get the bottles of oil as opposed to making messes with the capsules. The price was 2 bottles for $8.99 plus tax.

Congrats, =D>

This support group is an amazing place to get advice and encouragement.

Everyone that has already posted, has given great advice too.

So I say Ditto to all. :)

The pain in the shoulders will go away, I had to take pain medication for mine, because it always showed up right before bedtime to take the edge off. And I walk all the time.

Also, Smiley gave some good advice for the Vitamin E oil. I have used Vitamin E oil for every scar, whether surgical or not for the last 10 years.

I have a scar on my neck from my thyroidectomy and it is barely noticable, infact most people don't realize its there.

I have used it on my belly scars from my surgery and my highest one is barely there. the others ones are fading pretty fast too.

Great stuff!

Good luck!

Day 6... *so slow* .... But if I tell you what will power I had yesterday - HOLY COW!!!! I HAD to attend a very large outdoor party with my family. (No way for me to get out of it... Job related...) TONS of healthy (and not so healthy) catered food all around me. AND NOT 1 BITE OF ANYTHING!!! NADA! NOTHING!!! And sure, there were moments where I had to ask myself was I feeling "head hunger" or actual hunger. And to be quite honest, it was probably both at various times throughout the few hours that I had to be there. But I came home last night feeling very proud of myself for not giving into ANY temptation. Just needed to brag a bit - Now I'm going to have a Popsicle! :D

But I will say this: With only having clear liquids - And I haven't "cheated" once, and even though it's only day 6, I'm surprised that I haven't lost more than 1 pound!!! Grrrrr..... Hopefully by week 2 I'll see some more movement...

Day 6... *so slow* .... But if I tell you what will power I had yesterday - HOLY COW!!!! I HAD to attend a very large outdoor party with my family. (No way for me to get out of it... Job related...) TONS of healthy (and not so healthy) catered food all around me. AND NOT 1 BITE OF ANYTHING!!! NADA! NOTHING!!! And sure, there were moments where I had to ask myself was I feeling "head hunger" or actual hunger. And to be quite honest, it was probably both at various times throughout the few hours that I had to be there. But I came home last night feeling very proud of myself for not giving into ANY temptation. Just needed to brag a bit - Now I'm going to have a Popsicle! :D

But I will say this: With only having clear liquids - And I haven't "cheated" once, and even though it's only day 6, I'm surprised that I haven't lost more than 1 pound!!! Grrrrr..... Hopefully by week 2 I'll see some more movement...

i am on day 20 and since i have been back from occ, it seems everyone is having parties i want to scream, but i have managed and it is worth it i am now down 25 pounds with preop loss and feel great, so keep going girl just think how wonderful you will be sooon

tracey

Good girl! Very good girl!! Did anyone at the party ask you why you weren't eating?

i am on day 20 and since i have been back from occ, it seems everyone is having parties i want to scream, but i have managed and it is worth it i am now down 25 pounds with preop loss and feel great, so keep going girl just think how wonderful you will be sooon

tracey

Tell me about it, My son's Graduation that I catered food for and had to serve everyone! :(( I think cause I was so busy it didn't effect me like I thought it would

Good girl! Very good girl!! Did anyone at the party ask you why you weren't eating?
for the record I was asked & I said I was on a special 21 day liquid diet and since I had lost 12 pounds and I had less then a week to go I was sticking to it..... :D Of cause I didn't have any alcohol drinks, so that was the main question I was asked... LOL